What's new

Change of Capital (back to Karachi)

Should Capital of Pakistan be shifted?

• back to Karachi

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • A new city away from Pindi (new Islamabad)

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • keep Islamabad as capital city

Votes: 31 68.9%

• Total voters
i would say better have Ziarat as Summer capital and Islamabad as winter capital. both are beautiful and that will bring some development to balochistan as well.

i think we should rather move the GHQ than shifting capital ?? problem with Islamabad is its close proximity to GHQ .. this way estabilishment is kept away from civilians also they should have larger presence where they are needed most.i would suggest GHQ in Baluchistan

i would say better have Ziarat as Summer capital and Islamabad as winter capital. both are beautiful and that will bring some development to balochistan as well.

that is one workable option too.

It's pointless to move the capital; "Isolated" or not. It's already well established, move on and close the this pointless thread please, Leader :coffee:

i think we should rather move the GHQ than shifting capital ?? problem with Islamabad is its close proximity to GHQ .. this way estabilishment is kept away from civilians also they should have larger presence where they are needed most.i would suggest GHQ in Baluchistan

since they often say that Strategically Balochistan is the most important, so the strategic forces should sit there... not a bad idea, but that can only be done once our civil government is strong enough and delivering the fruits of civil rule to masses...

Actually, anyone who's ever been to Islamabad will say that it's an unnatural place. After 8 pm, everything closes and the streets are deserted. That's not what a capital should be like.

It's pointless to move the capital; "Isolated" or not. It's already well established, move on and close the this pointless thread please, Leader :coffee:

for parliament to work no roof is require, and a judge can set up court under a tree...

I know in the face of all these problems it seems pointless but it is not... it can change the course of pakistan alone...

Shifting the capital back to Karachi would not be the wisest decision. For the following reasons:

1) Islamabad is a planned city, Karachi is not.
2) Infrastructure issues.
3) Karachi is open to attack by sea.
4) Karachi has too much of a population for it to be manageable.
5) The law and order situation in Karachi is a real issue.

Among a number of other important factors.

Plus there is no reason that compels me to even consider this, why would we ? Islamabad is a model city, why would we forsake it for no particular reason ?

Islamabad is less then 90 kms from India, Quetta will be good Idea.

Baluchistan will get some development.

Shifting the capital back to Karachi would not be the wisest decision. For the following reasons:

1) Islamabad is a planned city, Karachi is not.
2) Infrastructure issues.
3) Karachi is open to attack by sea.
4) Karachi has too much of a population for it to be manageable.
5) The law and order situation in Karachi is a real issue.

Among a number of other important factors.

Plus there is no reason that compels me to even consider this, why would we ? Islamabad is a model city, why would we forsake it for no particular reason ?

Agree sir. Dont forget the strategic positioning of Islamabad and the natural protection it has. If we had an attack on Karachi via sea we potentially would be exposed.

Actually, anyone who's ever been to Islamabad will say that it's an unnatural place. After 8 pm, everything closes and the streets are deserted. That's not what a capital should be like.

Is that your great reason for moving the capital? Brilliant

Islamabad is less then 90 kms from India, Quetta will be good Idea.

Baluchistan will get some development.

We'll consider that.
Speaking of which, Delhi isn't too far away either, move to Assam for similar reasons.

That's what it SHOULD be like, if you've ever been to England, everything there closes at sundown as well, except for the night life.

since they often say that Strategically Balochistan is the most important, so the strategic forces should sit there... not a bad idea, but that can only be done once our civil government is strong enough and delivering the fruits of civil rule to masses...

What can be a bolder step than moving GHQ they were most responsible for hurting Baluch sentiments , moving there they can sit down and sort out the grievances also security situation will automatically improve. Civilians can further move the capital to Gwadar or conduct any good will gesture to make baluchis a part of pakistan once again

Back
Top Bottom