What's new

Change of Capital (back to Karachi)

Should Capital of Pakistan be shifted?

• back to Karachi

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • A new city away from Pindi (new Islamabad)

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • keep Islamabad as capital city

Votes: 31 68.9%

• Total voters
Perhaps we should devote our energies to solving real problems in Pakistan rather than kicking up non-issues like shifting capitals, creating provinces and renaming provinces. It's like an alcoholic who thinks all his problems will be solved if only he can find the right shirt.

Sorry to be blunt, but the last thing we need in Pakistan is to create yet more controversial issues.

This is not a non issue, this is a solution to some grave problem. In trying this solution there is a probability of likely some byproduct problems, but not as grave as the problem it solves...

This is not a non issue, this is a solution to some grave problem. In trying this solution there is a probability of likely some byproduct problems, but not as grave as the problem it solves...

I grew up in Karachi and I agree that it's a cosmopolitan city, but I feel we should be trying to decentralize and spread out the wealth instead of putting everything in Karachi. We need major tax incentives (funny!) for industries in Quetta, Peshawar, Multan, etc.

Already, the rest of the country feels that the federal government is too focused on Punjab/Sindh. The major corporations are in Karachi, the media is in Karachi/Lahore, if we put the government there, everybody else (especially in KP/Baluchistan) will feel like they are just a distant colony of Karachi.

^^ that is why Karachi is not the only option... it can be a whole new city.

just look at our economy. Can we really afford a new city? A new province ( add expensive of a chief minister + 30 ministers to the budget)

if we really want to make people of any area feel better we must take the power out of the hands of elite and give t to the whole community. There cant be any progress in Sindh with those SAYIEN (landlord) and those Sardars in Baluchistan

^^ that is why Karachi is not the only option... it can be a whole new city.

Do you think Pakistans problems will be alleviated with the emergence of a new capital? Do you believe this would remove the problems everyday people are coming across in our land?
To move capitals now where there is so many other issues in our land would i believe be a futile and expensive waste of time and unnecessary. Islamabad may have issues as Oscar has mentioned but at this precise moment the glove fits - lets crack on and achieve stability - this issue is not hindering our development nor is it stopping us from moving forward.

I grew up in Karachi and I agree that it's a cosmopolitan city, but I feel we should be trying to decentralize and spread out the wealth instead of putting everything in Karachi. We need major tax incentives (funny!) for industries in Quetta, Peshawar, Multan, etc.

Already, the rest of the country feels that the federal government is too focused on Punjab/Sindh. The major corporations are in Karachi, the media is in Karachi/Lahore, if we put the government there, everybody else (especially in KP/Baluchistan) will feel like they are just a distant colony of Karachi.

I agree, Islamabad should remain the capital of Pakistan because it is geographically located in the center and makes it easier to administer the Nation.

To change capitals would be a futile waste of resources which we should best avoid.

By the way making Quetta the capital might sound like a weird suggestion but it isn't that weird. At least Quetta is located far away from our countries Eastern borders. The purpose of capital is also that it stands to the end in a war.

Karachi is the worst city in Pakistan right now. I don't know why any would think of moving the capital back again.

your best cities will be, lahore,islamabad, multan, gujranwala, sheikhapura, pind dadan khan, toba tek sigh faisalabad etc

I agree, Islamabad should remain the capital of Pakistan because it is geographically located in the center and makes it easier to administer the Nation.

To change capitals would be a futile waste of resources which we should best avoid.

By the way making Quetta the capital might sound like a weird suggestion but it isn't that weird. At least Quetta is located far away from our countries Eastern borders. The purpose of capital is also that it stands to the end in a war.

what are you smoking,islamabad isnotlocated in its centre, cities like quetta, karachi are located miles away as compared to lahore, peshawar

Please dont smoke that Bhiyaa brand churus too much..

I don't know why is this thread still open.

I mean we have a well established capital. Why would anyone want to change it?

I guess Quetta will be the best option...but Iran won't like US agents sitting next to its borders.....:smokin:

all roads lead to capital... actually shifting of Capital to some other place like DIK will help get out of GT road mentality... and it would be in between the provinces rather than cornered in hills..

I guess Quetta will be the best option...but Iran won't like US agents sitting next to its borders.....:smokin:

all roads lead to capital... actually shifting of Capital to some other place like DIK will help get out of GT road mentality... and it would be in between the provinces rather than cornered in hills..

I think Asad71 is talking about Quaidabad near Khushab.

I sometimes wish that it would have been great if Gen Akbar and his fellow were successful in that coup

Back
Top Bottom