What's new

Change of Arm Just After ISSB.

Kashif Ilyas

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Assalam u Alaikum Friends! I hope everybody is fit and sound here. I wanted to have information about a confusion from all of you brothers and sisters. What I want to know is that whether is it possible to change your arm/force after getting recommended from issb for that force. e.g If I applied in army and got recommended from issb for recruitment but now I wanted to join PAF/Navy instead of Army. So do I have any way or authorization to change my issb recommendation from army to other forces? If yes then what is the procedure? Please give answer in detail if is possible. Thanking everybody in anticipation.

Assalam u Alaikum Friends! I hope everybody is fit and sound here. I wanted to have information about a confusion from all of you brothers and sisters. What I want to know is that whether is it possible to change your arm/force after getting recommended from issb for that force. e.g If I applied in army and got recommended from issb for recruitment but now I wanted to join PAF/Navy instead of Army. So do I have any way or authorization to change my issb recommendation from army to other forces? If yes then what is the procedure? Please give answer in detail if is possible. Thanking everybody in anticipation.
@Horus @Icarus @fatman17 and others you are needed here

Pre-Medical studies. But thats not what I had asked for.

Pre-Medical studies. But thats not what I had asked for.

Might not be what you asked for but its important none the less, cultivate some patience and learn to be more humble, its a much needed talent in the forces.
It is important because you can't join Navy with pre-med as your degree and you did not mention which force you were recommended for and to which you want to migrate.
Now, your recommendation from the ISSB is good for a period of six months, if the force you are looking to migrate to is recruiting in the coming six months, all you need to do is to pass their initial test and when you get a call for ISSB, you send them your certificate of recommendation and you will be considered to be ISSB Recommended for that service as well, provided your ISSB validity does not expire in that time.

Thanks a lot @Icarus for your kind and detailed answer for my question. Thats what I was asking for. Sorry for being impatient a bit. Thanks to every concerning body who tried to help me out. Its Eid Today, so Eid Mubarak to all the members of the forum. May Allah bless us all.

Might not be what you asked for but its important none the less, cultivate some patience and learn to be more humble, its a much needed talent in the forces.
It is important because you can't join Navy with pre-med as your degree and you did not mention which force you were recommended for and to which you want to migrate.
Now, your recommendation from the ISSB is good for a period of six months, if the force you are looking to migrate to is recruiting in the coming six months, all you need to do is to pass their initial test and when you get a call for ISSB, you send them your certificate of recommendation and you will be considered to be ISSB Recommended for that service as well, provided your ISSB validity does not expire in that time.
HI I know it's pretty late to see this thread to be replied again but I have this exact same question . If I got recommended in issb for CAE in the airforce , can I change my arm to army ?

HI I know it's pretty late to see this thread to be replied again but I have this exact same question . If I got recommended in issb for CAE in the airforce , can I change my arm to army ?
Reference section 28 (c) in ISSB Forms: "I, hereby undertake that I shall not apply for change of Arm, once inducted in the PAF."

Reference section 28 (f): "I understand that my selection for _________ Branch of the PAF is provisional and subject to change by AHQ. I further declare that at any stage of my training I shall be liable to join any branch of the PAF if found unsuitable for the branch originally selected for."

And you sign this undertaking.

Reference section 28 (c) in ISSB Forms: "I, hereby undertake that I shall not apply for change of Arm, once inducted in the PAF."

Reference section 28 (f): "I understand that my selection for _________ Branch of the PAF is provisional and subject to change by AHQ. I further declare that at any stage of my training I shall be liable to join any branch of the PAF if found unsuitable for the branch originally selected for."

And you sign this undertaking.
I understand this very well but it clearly says " once inducted " .At the time of receiving recommendation, the candidate is not necessarily inducted in the arm. then does this apply to that aswell ?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom