What's new

Challenges and potentials: from a worker recruitment advetisment

What I meant was that 'does china has any program similar to skill India & if yes do tell'
Well, the problem now about China is not the problem back in 1980s-1990s which India faces today.
It's about Japan-style craftsmen spirit, it's about new technology. Basic vocational education in China is not a problem.

Some information in this documentary

@Echo_419
After junior middle school, students either go to high school or go to vocational school.

China's vocational school
CgEHDFVqckydqSuxAAGlq,cngVU680_600-600_6-0.jpg
2014728165628.jpg

WorldSkills International welcomes China!
China
APEC Youth Skills Camp inaugurated in Beijing - Xinhua | English.news.cn

The WorldSkills 2015 is coming in San Paolo!

Last edited:
Well, the problem now about China is not the problem back in 1980s-1990s which India faces today.
It's about Japan-style craftsmen spirit, it's about new technology. Basic vocational education in China is not a problem.

@Echo_419
After junior middle school, students either go to high school or go to vocational school.

View attachment 236507 View attachment 236508

China

No wonder China has such a strong manufacturing base hopefully we will be abelt to repeat your success with Skill India mission

Yeah & Check @AndrewJin answer he answered my question perfectly

@Echo_419

China

Well said bro! Vocational training in China is common.

More importantly a good trend is that a technician graduated from vocational institute, say a qualified welder, may command 30~100% more salary than a university graduate these days! Respect for skills!

Good thread. I think Chinese members should share us something about the salaries, bonus and other benefits of each field they belong to. We should also welcome people from other countries, @LacViet @xesy @Nihonjin1051
Thanks for your invitation. I think such personal and sensitive information should not be shared, especially over the internet. I'm afraid tt'll soon become a d!ck measuring contest. You shouldn't share yours either, or else some VNese mems will pick on you even if you have good intention.

Well said bro! Vocational training in China is common.

More importantly a good trend is that a technician graduated from vocational institute, say a qualified welder, may command 30~100% more salary than a university graduate these days! Respect for skills!
Yes.
The university mania should be calmed down. The success of Germany is the organic combination of vocational education and university education. Best technicians and skills workers should be given the best salary. I have a relative born in late 1980s, now he can earn 15000 yuan per month in a state owned company in Wuhan. He is not a university graduate, but his profession and expertise is irreplaceable. We have just begun in the economic transformation, the process is bitter but the future is promising.

Good thread. I think Chinese members should share us something about the salaries, bonus and other benefits of each field they belong to. We should also welcome people from other countries, @LacViet @xesy @Nihonjin1051

Its best to post this thread on weibo in China, netizens in China could check whether there is truth or simply it is propaganda, like what chinese did in cultural revolution in China about Collective Communal Farm 人民公社.

Thanks for your invitation. I think such personal and sensitive information should not be shared, especially over the internet. I'm afraid tt'll soon become a d!ck measuring contest. You shouldn't share yours either, or else some VNese mems will pick on you even if you have good intention.

Your hunch is correct.

Its best to post this thread on weibo in China, netizens in China could check whether there is truth or simply it is propaganda, like what chinese did in cultural revolution in China about Collective Communal Farm 人民公社.

Lol! What? I didn't even say anything, you're too sensitive bro.

@xesy and actually I didn't mean personal information, this is of course privacy, I mean the average or general situation of each industry of your country.

@Echo_419

China

That's exactly where China would like to go.

1. Keep vocational education strong and prosperous.
2. Encourage inland development and urban-dwellers to inland-entrepreneurship.
3. Promote the next industrial phase of China's development in the similar line with the programs initiated by Germany (Industry 4.0), England and France. China's program is Made in China 2025 which "Involves the fusion of China's industrial and information technology infrastructure to create the next generation of information technology, including high-end digitally controlled machinery and robots, avionics and aeronautical equipment, oceanic engineering facilities and high-tech ships, as well as an advanced public transport infrastructure."

Attachments

• upload_2015-7-12_10-15-46.png
    upload_2015-7-12_10-15-46.png
    257 KB · Views: 18
@Edison Chen

I'm a Risk Analyst for a Fortune 500 company here in New Jersey; I also teach university classes -- graduate level industrial psychology, business psychology , and statistics courses (intro stats; multi variate stats; doctoral stats), so I'm blessed to have an income that is above $150,000 (USD). I have my Ph.D in Industrial & Organizational Psychology; I also hold my licensure in HR Managment, and License in Psychology (focus in group counseling).

If you ever have any questions relating to my field, or specifics in hiring methodology, feel free to ask.

@AndrewJin ---- Great thread. Great to see the advances in the opportunities for Chinese workers !

@Edison Chen

I'm a Risk Analyst for a Fortune 500 company here in New Jersey; I also teach university classes -- graduate level industrial psychology, business psychology , and statistics courses (intro stats; multi variate stats; doctoral stats), so I'm blessed to have an income that is above $150,000 (USD). I have my Ph.D in Industrial & Organizational Psychology; I also hold my licensure in HR Managment, and License in Psychology (focus in group counseling).

If you ever have any questions relating to my field, or specifics in hiring methodology, feel free to ask.

@AndrewJin ---- Great thread. Great to see the advances in the opportunities for Chinese workers !

WOW! What do you mean by blessed to have, in the future? So how will be your income, as an analyst and as a scholar respectively? Even in the U.S., this level is absolutely high.

I really want to know something about the income level per family, or by each field, the real statistics, thanks!

WOW! What do you mean by blessed to have, in the future? So how will be your income, as an analyst and as a scholar respectively? Even in the U.S., this level is absolutely high.

My pay rate is 'average' for an Analyst with my Ph.D. I have colleagues who are more senior than I and they take home over $250,000 (USD). It depends on the years of experience as well as exposure. But yes, right now I am teaching just part time now so most of my income is from Analyst work.

Btw, if you hold a Ph.D , your opportunity opens in industry as well as in academia. Where i teach part time, they pay $1500 per credit hour; so if say I decide to teach a 4 credit Intro to Business Psychology course, the teaching contract for that course is $6,000. In a given year an adjunct professor can teach around 6-10 courses ; so that means $36000-$60000 a year just for teaching part time on the side.

Lots of opportunities. :)

I really want to know something about the income level per family, or by each field, the real statistics, thanks!

@Edison Chen --- Don't get me wrong--- not everyone in the US makes this much or for that matter not every associate professor, assistant professor or adjunct professor makes the same income as I. For my field --- Industrial & Organizational Psychology --- having a graduate degree (Ph.D is preferred) opens doors for you in industry. Anyways, a Ph.D holder in I/O Psych will be making on average around $120 - $180 k . Benefits is not included in this number. Benefits are gracious, however. :)

My pay rate is 'average' for an Analyst with my Ph.D. I have colleagues who are more senior than I and they take home over $250,000 (USD). It depends on the years of experience as well as exposure. But yes, right now I am teaching just part time now so most of my income is from Analyst work.

Btw, if you hold a Ph.D , your opportunity opens in industry as well as in academia. Where i teach part time, they pay $1500 per credit hour; so if say I decide to teach a 4 credit Intro to Business Psychology course, the teaching contract for that course is $6,000. In a given year an adjunct professor can teach around 6-10 courses ; so that means $36000-$60000 a year just for teaching part time on the side.

Lots of opportunities. :)

@Edison Chen --- Don't get me wrong--- not everyone in the US makes this much or for that matter not every associate professor, assistant professor or adjunct professor makes the same income as I. For my field --- Industrial & Organizational Psychology --- having a graduate degree (Ph.D is preferred) opens doors for you in industry. Anyways, a Ph.D holder in I/O Psych will be making on average around $120 - $180 k . Benefits is not included in this number. Benefits are gracious, however. :)

I guess the pay differs among colleges, right? Some pay very high, and some pay less. It also depends on what subject you're teaching or your proficiency? This is really impressive, you must live a happy life, since the living cost in the U.S. is low.

My bad, I forgot to tell you that I want to know the income level in Japan, not in the U.S..For China, Japan's statistics has more reference value than the U.S..

Everyone gets 13 or 14 months pay as it is norm for 99.9% employers in China。

My bad, I forgot to tell you that I want to know the income level in Japan, not in the U.S..For China, Japan's statistics has more reference value than the U.S..

Sure, I can provide you some detailed information in pay rates pertaining to my field in Japan. As you may know, there is a substantial pay difference from Japan and the United States. One of the reasons why I moved to the United States was because of the higher income threshold here, and greater work opportunities. I have attained my Master's and Doctorate here in the United States of America. I am licensed and practicing as a Psychologist through the APA (American Psychological Association) and through SIOP (Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychologists).

A Risk Analyst in Japan will have a base salary of ¥ 8.5 million per year = $65,000 (USD)

Average Risk Analyst in Japan will make around ¥ 11 million per year = $90,000 (USD)

This is really impressive, you must live a happy life, since the living cost in the U.S. is low.

I can't complain. I have very expensive tastes so having a good income helps me maintain it. lol.

:D

Can you read this? It says the monthly income of Japanese family is about ¥22,390 RMB, that is $3611 U.S. Dollars.

I would say the average income of a Japanese worker (educated professional) would be over $36-$37k (USD) a year. If both husband and wife work, then typical household income would be $60-70k (USD).

BUT to be honest, buddy, an income of $35k (USD) in Japan is borderline to poverty range. That is really low paying range , IMHO. Perhaps this amount can be typical for blue collar workers. But educated white collar professions such as say Medicine , Law, Accountants, Engineers, Research Analysts --- will make , of course, substantially more.

Doctor in Japan can make ¥ 10-15 million a year = $80,000 - $120,000 USD a year.

Chemical Engineer (with Graduate Degree) in Japan can make ¥ 9 million a year = $70,000 (USD) a year

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom