What's new

'Chaiwala' who backed PM Modi goes cashless

Dzz

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
VADODARA: Customers can pay with debit card or e-wallet after sipping tea at Kiran Mahida's stall opposite Khanderao Market.

Mahida, who had shot to limelight after proposing Prime Minister Lok Sabha polls, will soon be installing a card swiping machine at his stall.

Mahida is a popular tea-vendor and most of his customers pay their bills in monthly cycles. "I decided to get a swipe machine so that my customers are able to pay even if they don't have cash. I have been accepting cash all these years but after the demonetization, I decided to go for a card swipe machine. As a responsible citizen, I thought it is better if I do all the transactions through the bank," he told TOI.

He has opened a current account in the Bank of Baroda's Khanderao Market branch that will help him get a GPRS-enabled swipe machine this week. He has also downloaded Paytm, the e wallet to accept payments from customers.

Mahida becoming one of the proposers for Modi's candidature was a symbolic jibe at senior Congress leader Mani Shankar Aiyar who had asked Modi to sell tea outside the Congress headquarters during the poll campaign.

"Modiji made a roadside tea vendor like me and royal family member Shubhanginiraje Gaekwad proposer for his candidature. Now through demonetization, he has again given equality to the rich and the poor. It is a very good step to bring out the black money," said Mahida, whose three generations have been selling tea at the same spot for last 50 years.

Interestingly, he has been filing income tax returns and paying tax over last five years.

"We have to follow the rule of law. Also filing IT returns will help me get loans if I ever need," Mahida added.

Source

The entire nation is moving to digital , this will devlop India faster than ever seen before .

7kjzK.gif

good initiative.
now all the tea guzzlers from across the country will throng his place while the other tea vendors go out of business.
war on cash.

large number of tea stalls in bangalore now supports cash thru paytm....
The only place i have to pay cash these days r for a pack ofcigarette ...lol

Got the chain sprocket replaced and some other small stuff done on my son's bike. The small mechanic shops all have PayTM now. And my fears about me not being a user or having it on my phone were unfounded. He took my debit card. Put it into a small black calculator looking thing. I put in my pin. And gave him my mobile number. And instantly got a e-receipt link on my mobile as an sms. Damn cool.

Got the chain sprocket replaced and some other small stuff done on my son's bike. The small mechanic shops all have PayTM now. And my fears about me not being a user or having it on my phone were unfounded. He took my debit card. Put it into a small black calculator looking thing. I put in my pin. And gave him my mobile number. And instantly got a e-receipt link on my mobile as an sms. Damn cool.

It looks cool but Paytm is the biggest winner. even more than the govt. here.. and above all alibaba has 40% decisive share in it.
It's cool... isn't it ?

It looks cool but Paytm is the biggest winner. even more than the govt. here.. and above all alibaba has 40% decisive share in it.
It's cool... isn't it ?

Someone or the other will always benefit from whatever step a government takes, be it congress of the BJP government, be it government in any country. The problem only arises when a certain step or policy benefits just one particular person or company, which is definitely not the case here.

It's cool... isn't it ?

Every day the newspapers are full of full page ads of different e payment solutions. PayTM is only one. I have seen official government ones. Ones from sarkari banks like SBI. Eventually I guess all of us will be herded in that direction. Just hope it remains as painless to us.

Someone or the other will always benefit from whatever step a government takes, be it congress of the BJP government, be it government in any country. The problem only arises when a certain step or policy benefits just one particular person or company, which is definitely not the case here.
Here is the catch --no one knows about the float income and ... how many people know about the RBI UPI app...where there is no problem of float income and is totally free
If govt, doesn't promote a system that is supported by itself and let the private company churn out profits from an artificially created scarcity of cash in the market. The intentions are highly doubtful.

isn't it ?

Last edited:
Here is the catch --no one knows about the float income and ... how many people know about the RBI UPI app...where there is no problem of float income and is totally free
If govt, doesn't promote a system that is supported by itself and let the private company take churn out profits from an artificially created scarcity of cash in the market. The intentions are highly doubtful.

isn't it ?

I'm guessing you mean consumer having to pay extra. The merchant would have to adjust it because no one is going to agree to pay extra.

I'm guessing you mean consumer having to pay extra. The merchant would have to adjust it because no one is going to agree to pay extra.
No, That is what people are not understanding.

Though i'm apolitical but please check this video from 37:30 to 42:05 probably it will explain what i am saying.

It is not someone has to pay... there is a very good option that no one need to pay anything for cashless transaction.. but govt. is not taking the right action to promote the utility ... why? what are the intentions ?

No, That is what people not understanding.

Though i'm apolitical but please check this video from 37:00 to 42:05 probably it will explain what i am saying.

It is not someone has to pay... there is a very good option that no one need to pay anything for cashless transaction.. but govt. is not taking the right action to promote the utility ... why? what are the intentions ?

I understand that and do know of it. The Chairman of Axis Bank was speaking about it in an interview on TV as well. My point is, right now I do not care. I do not want pain. I want maximum pain for blackiyas. And I want a reward for being honest and paying tax through my nose all my working life.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom