What's new

Chabahar port not fully handed over to India: Iran

You have rightly pointed out, Iran does not need Chabahar as all trade goes through Bandar Abbas. Even India's current trade to Russia goes through Bandar Abbas and not through Chabahar. Chabahar is just a publicity stunt to fool the people.
I know because Bandar Abbas is the port that is mostly used in Iran and this Chabahar serves no purpose and it is only a Modi Govt stun to fool the voters. There is nothing else India can gain from Chabahar.

Ok let me understand this..

Are you guys seriously thinking that India has this port on lease for just 18 months? and then they would be out of there ? Bwahahahahah

"Operations control for 18 months" Rings any bells

Last edited:
That is something Modi will gain not India. I think this is a stunt from Modi to show in election nothing more.

You can't have cake and eat it too....Iran is playing on the both sides of the wicket, maybe a bit perturbed by Pakistan engagement with Saudia...

You can't have cake and eat it too....Iran is playing on the both sides of the wicket, maybe a bit perturbed by Pakistan engagement with Saudia...

India invested $85 million in the project and obviously they were going to get the a hand over to the port but here there is a major question that remains to be answered because India don't has that big investment to make Chabahar full worthy for their money because India it's self is getting loan from UAE for it's infrastructure so how can India fund Iran's infrastructure what is happening here is totally Modi trying to save some face politically. Iran will finally have to Join CPEC to get the actual infrastructure investment it needs. In 18 months Iran can restructure this loan to Chinese banks and get rid of India altogether. At this point I cannot see India gaining any thing from Chabahar other than delaying Iran's joining of OBOR for 18 months at a cost of $100 million and that joining is also not being delayed as the railroad and other OBOR projects in Iran have already started. I will consider it a stupid decision for India without further investing in other projects or just a political face save for Modi Govt. Either India builds a Road from Iran to Turkey to Europe or Chabahar is pointless for India and India don't has the money to build the Road from Iran to Europe as India it self is completing it's own infrastructure on loans. This move just proves that India under Modi is a wanna be super power that lacks a lot to achieve the status.

India invested $85 million in the project and obviously they were going to get the a hand over to the port but here there is a major question that remains to be answered because India don't has that big investment to make Chabahar full worthy for their money because India it's self is getting loan from UAE for it's infrastructure so how can India fund Iran's infrastructure what is happening here is totally Modi trying to save some face politically. Iran will finally have to Join CPEC to get the actual infrastructure investment it needs. In 18 months Iran can restructure this loan to Chinese banks and get rid of India altogether. At this point I cannot see India gaining any thing from Chabahar other than delaying Iran's joining of OBOR for 18 months at a cost of $100 million and that joining is also not being delayed as the railroad and other OBOR projects in Iran have already started. I will consider it a stupid decision for India without further investing in other projects or just a political face save for Modi Govt. Either India builds a Road from Iran to Turkey to Europe or Chabahar is pointless for India and India don't has the money to build the Road from Iran to Europe as India it self is completing it's own infrastructure on loans. This move just proves that India under Modi is a wanna be super power that lacks a lot to achieve the status.

If at all, wishes were horses........... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

iran is one of the enemy countries of India.

Back
Top Bottom