What's new

CEO Trappier Second Order of Rafale deal to be Signed in 2018

if they had to choose between the two, it would be the gripen simply because the f16 has been operated by pakistan for 30+ years. and trump would be reluctant to let india make their own especailly since the f16 needs orders asap.

also the sweds are lobbying overtime for the gripen, heck their previous acm loves the gripen and even flew in one.
but they will keep trolling both for next 5-10 years

if they had to choose between the two, it would be the gripen simply because the f16 has been operated by pakistan for 30+ years. and trump would be reluctant to let india make their own especailly since the f16 needs orders asap.

also the sweds are lobbying overtime for the gripen, heck their previous acm loves the gripen and even flew in one.

Knowing Indian timelines, I will not be surprised if Gripen ties up with a private player and starts offering a competitor to the AMCA with an Indian industrial house. F-16 is a dumb choice. Brings nothing for India.

but they will keep trolling both for next 5-10 years
looking at hoe badly the rafale deal went, yeah i wont be suprised if a deal has not been signed in 5 years, but its getting to the point where its getting critical for india and they need to get their finger out.

Knowing Indian timelines, I will not be surprised if Gripen ties up with a private player and starts offering a competitor to the AMCA with an Indian industrial house. F-16 is a dumb choice. Brings nothing for India.
saab can pick any private player they like but the issue still remains still HAL is the only company capable of assembling such a complex aircraft. the french wanted a private player but have now realised Hal can only build the rafale and still refuse to allow hal to build the rafale.
if india goes for the gripen they can use saab's expertise in development of the amca as an offset which would be great.

saab can pick any private player they like but the issue still remains still HAL is the only company capable of assembling such a complex aircraft. the french wanted a private player but have now realised Hal can only build the rafale and still refuse to allow hal to build the rafale.
if india goes for the gripen they can use saab's expertise in development of the amca as an offset which would be great.

I honestly do not think SAAB has any chance. One just needs to check out the pace with which progress is happening in Nagpur where the Rafale plant is coming up. Its going to be 200+ Rafales. No F-16. No Gripen.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom