What's new

CEO Trappier Second Order of Rafale deal to be Signed in 2018

el nino

BANNED
Reaction score
http://www.indiandefensenews.in/2017/05/dassault-aviation-hopes-talks-in-2017.html

News is spreading of Second batch of Rafales joining IAF in 2022/2023 after the first 36 arrive between 2019-2022
fairl
The complexity of these deals and the billions of dollars needed to make these deals happen means it can takje 5-10 years from anyalsis to signing contract to delivery and full maturity into your doctrine

With this in mind PAF has barely moved to answer the Rafale threat

Either they assumed it was only 36 planes OR they are unsure of next move

The FC31 is over a decade away

Block 52 Seem to have grown in price to $90 million each

And J10 option has gone very quiet

is there any idea what the PAF are planning in regards to near pending escalation in threat

unlilkey PAF focus will remain to fast pace it thunders and look for used f16s updated to MLU standard for now.
i dont think J31 is decade away, it final version is flying for last ~1 year, my guess would be at latest 5 years to induction, just look at j20 pace, its already rolling in serial production
PAF will probably go big on J31, focus on thunders and f-16s and rapidly replace its older acs

So essentially the much vaunted MMRCA "Make in India" seal etc etc ToT program is ending up being a straight buy.
How many IAF pilots lost their years and lives in this drama which could have been sealed ten years ago?

But 10 years ago India did not have Modi or Reliance involved in this venture. MMS+AKA+HAL was a bland combination. There was no incentive or cronyism to close the deal then.

So essentially the much vaunted MMRCA "Make in India" seal etc etc ToT program is ending up being a straight buy.
How many IAF pilots lost their years and lives in this drama which could have been sealed ten years ago?
Hi @Oscar
There is no doubt that the deal should have been signed much earlier. However I dont think the rafale could have mitigated the cause of crashes in IAF for it was meant to replace the strike fighter in indian inventory i.e 23s and 27s. It is actually the LCA that should have been inducted by late 2000s that was to replace 21s in large number. The unbending dogma of IAF and lathargy of indian bureaucracy made sure that LCA took itz own sweet time. The tests(like gun firing trials,EW,BVR in guided mode etc) they're carrying out now should have been done with at least 5-6 years ago!
But not everything is bad, what a lot of people fail to realize is that thanks to LCA a host of research labs and academic institutions like CLAW at NAL,IISc,IITs came together to contribute to this project.
Now finally the reason why make in india with rafale couldnt succeed was-
1) Reluctance of france to part away with patents.
2) High price demanded for transfering the know how of construction.
3) #2 actually led to per unit cost of rafale higher than what it would be had it been constructed in france itself.
And believe me price demanded by french for #1 was ABSURDLY HIGH! I know couple of folks who claimed that french were demanding hundreds of million dollars for IPRs of various trivial things.

If Pakistan can somehow bring 2 squadrons of eurofighter then they will have some space around it....they are very good fighters, and now have better options....
If any one give me option i will select F16V not Eurofighters.

Looking at latest developments I am betting on India inducting by 2027

72 rafale fighters in two batches
120 Tejss mark one and mark one A

I think pak fa will eventually be orders in small nos until India sees Russia add new engines and new weapons. .

I do feel I India is moving to wards. French Israeli technology-based assets now

If any one give me option i will select F16V not Eurofighters.
f16v' could happen depending on trump but congress is may block it. lockheed has a strong lobby and will use it to secure its last orders for the f16 production line.

the typhoon is doable but £££££ is a problem (i think)

su35 can happen but india is upgrading their mki's to the (super flanker) so its not worth it.

fc-31 can happen but it wont be ready till 2023-2025.

If Pakistan can somehow bring 2 squadrons of eurofighter then they will have some space around it....they are very good fighters, and now have better options....

Euro fighter is an excellent plane. If pakistan brings it, Rafale shall have worthy opponent.

We are operating this platform for about 40 years. Secondly F-16 upgraded models have remarkable specs as well as latest weaponry.

f16v' could happen depending on trump but congress is may block it. lockheed has a strong lobby and will use it to secure its last orders for the f16 production line.

su35 can happen but india is upgrading their mki's to the (super flanker) so its not worth it.

Well said sir.

But now india is playing another game of light fighter and thus locking f16V & gripen

But now india is playing another game of light fighter and thus locking f16V & gripen
if they had to choose between the two, it would be the gripen simply because the f16 has been operated by pakistan for 30+ years. and trump would be reluctant to let india make their own especailly since the f16 needs orders asap.

also the sweds are lobbying overtime for the gripen, heck their previous acm loves the gripen and even flew in one.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom