What's new

Centre scraps $20 billion MMRCA deal for 126 Rafale jets for IAF, LCA Tejas to replace MiG-21

U
Exactly. DM was pointing this too. He said its not possible through going rfp route and discussing to dassault anymore. that why all further rafale aircrafts will be procured through govt to govt route too( bybpassing dassault and talking direct to frence govt hence scrapping original mmrca design).
At the end dassault got orders from iaf via French govt,iaf was forced to satisfy with less number of fighters,hal continue its stone age tech and work culture.

i getting the feeling that both political and bureaucracy can individually work for the betterment
we have not seen the political strength of doing things so far,

though there is a possibility of corruption when only political strength alone is used,

i very much doubt MODI whose is around a year in power, would risk such a political power show just for the corruption.
we might get a better idea as many other deals are made..

Apaches are around the corner with "no make in india "

I never said this was corruption, all I'm saying is suddenly we don't knw what is guiding the deal. For one year they've said the deal is not moving forward because of price issues- now they're using a route that we can be sure is actually more expensive than before.

I can't understand one thing. A deal that took 5 years to do the most transparent evalatin for any plane in history, where the tenders were invited for the most detailed sort, suddenly go into a vortex? And don't give me that 'congress f**ked up' BS, all players said this was the most transparent evaluation they have ever seen. This tendency to break off accepted practices and going to other formats- I'm getting an increasing feeling that something is rotten.
That's the problem. He said that things were not moving to a logical conclusion and hence we can't waste anymore time talking to dassault and bypass them.

The only sad thing would be the loss of ToT. I'm confused only by that disappearing in the changes.

Sir,

According to DM, rest of 90/108/126 Rafales (this govt is extremely secretive. People did not even knew the number of Rafales agreed upon until it was declared in press conference) we would by buying would be with ToT.

I could not post links due to low post count, but this is what he had ststed in his interview as posted by @migflug

This part.

सुमित अवस्थी: 36 राफेल विमानों पर तो बात हो गई है लेकिन बाकी 90 विमानों के मुद्दे पर क्या बात हो रही है?

मनोहर पर्रिकर: मेक इन इंडिया पर दोनों सरकारों के साथ बात होने के बाद ही होगी। राफेल काफी महंगा विमान है। 126 विमानों के लिए 90 हजार करोड का सौदा होगा। सरकार से सरकार स्तर पर बात के बाद मेक इन इंडिया पर बात होगी। राफेल से मिग-21 रिप्लेस नहीं होगा, बाकी 90 विमानों पर हम चर्चा करेगें। तेजस से मिग-21 रिप्लेस होगा। 36 प्लेन खरीदने का निर्णय इन प्रिसिंपल हुआ है। दोनों देशों की टीमें बैठकर निर्णय लेगी कि कितने राफेल बनाने हैं। मिग 21 की जगह हल्का विमान तेजस लेगा।

I think, France made it clear that the TOT India is expecting is not possible entirely, may be they only offering "Assembly Line", which someone dubs against the interest of India as a whole.
TOT was not problem but Insurance

Easier said than done. Yeah as Fanboys its logical to purchase a few aquadrons of F18 e/f SH but thats not the bird IAF wants. They want Rafales. Hence govt will give them Rafales.
well gud for IAF
but thn IAF may want the moon as well,,,doesnt mean govt. has to oblige.
after decade of mmrca saga,,,we achieved big zero n endup buying 36 expensive jets without any of the planned industrial/technological benefits.....however u put it,,its a loss

U

At the end dassault got orders from iaf via French govt,iaf was forced to satisfy with less number of fighters,hal continue its stone age tech and work culture.
Where did you get the less number thing? He said all 'further rafales' will be in procured via govt to govt route. He didn't specified numbers though and it could be anything 90,108,126..anything.

I never said this was corruption, all I'm saying is suddenly we don't knw what is guiding the deal. For one year they've said the deal is not moving forward because of price issues- now they're using a route that we can be sure is actually more expensive than before.

had the mmrca deal drafted in good manner, BJP would have signed it by now
i am saying this because in the first year, BJP actually followed the ideas that was put forth by congress. Not all but things which were good..

i had an apprehension that Reliance will spoil the trust in the current government
so far it didnt have a easy score, though future remains to be seen.

MODI, PARRIKAR, ARUN JAITLEY, AJIT DOVAL - so far the best leaders i have seen in this current government. hopefully more are added to this group..

so we will be buying 36 rafale and the rest 120 will be tejas , i have mixed feelings for this , in a way its good for our local industry but a tot on rafale would have helped us gain the edge. Whats the per unit cost of tejas , considering we were spending nearly 700cr per for rafale.

No.

We will buy the 144 Rafales additionally but under a specific govt-to-govt contract.

Not a tendering process of private companies.

had the mmrca deal drafted in good manner, BJP would have signed it by now
i am saying this because in the first year, BJP actually followed the ideas that was put forth by congress. Not all but things which were good..

i had an apprehension that Reliance will spoil the trust in the current government
so far it didnt have a easy score, though future remains to be seen.

MODI, PARRIKAR, ARUN JAITLEY, AJIT DOVAL - so far the best leaders i have seen in this current government. hopefully more are added to this group..

No one has questioned the MRCA process till now. How did you come to the conclusion that it was not 'drafted in a good manner'?

If that's the case, then it's fine. But that's not what the article is saying.

Actually you can read Parikkar's comments many ways but one of the most important things he has said is that no deal has been agreed to, not even for the 36 planes being mentioned. What has been put forward is a proposal to buy & that will have to pass through negotiations, If the deal does go through, there might be an additional quantity at some time which I don't think will ever exceed half of what is in the MMRCA contract. Parikkar is politely burying the MMRCA contract & making it clear that the french will now be playing with the Russians & maybe even the Americans for any future buy. I wouldn't be surprised to see additional planes from Russia being ordered to make up for the numbers..

TOT was not problem but Insurance

Exactly, France agree to handover TOT but not taking up the surety of the "Planes Quality" produce by HAL.

In desi words; India wants "Chit bhee Meri, Pat bhee meri Aur Khara meray Baap Ka":rofl:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom