What's new

Central China - news and development

AndrewJin

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
There are many threads related to Western China's development in Far East section, and even more threads about innovative startups like DJI and internet behemoths like Baidu and Alibaba which are mostly headquartered in Costal China's cities like Shenzhen, Shanghai and Beijing.

I am inspired by @ahojunk and his Western China - news and development News and development of Central China will be the topic of this newly created thread. I will, and also encourage members here to share the recent updates or your own experiences related to Central China, which include six provinces in the centre, Hubei, Hunan, Henan, Anhui, Jiangxi and Shanxi. These provinces have very large population but with relatively less developed economy compared to Costal China. GDP of Central China reached about 2 trillion U.S. dollars(21.8% of total GDP in 2014), but the population accounts for 28%!

Let's share more on Central China and witness the rejuvenation of the heartland of China!

@Yizhi @Shotgunner51 @TaiShang @Stranagor @cirr @Keel @Jlaw @Place Of Space @FairAndUnbiased @zeronet @Raphael @sweetgrape @Edison Chen @Chinese Bamboo @Chinese-Dragon @cnleio @+4vsgorillas-Apebane @onebyone @yusheng @Kyle Sun @dy1022 @Beast @YoucanYouup @terranMarine @ahojunk @kuge@Economic superpower @Beidou2020 @cirr @JSCh @jkroo @Pangu @ChineseTiger1986 @powastick @onebyone @kankan326 @badguy2000 @TianyaTaiwan @ahtan_china @ChineseTiger1986 @powastick @empirefighter @hexagonsnow @xuxu1457 @sword1947 @tranquilium@55100864 @Sommer @HongWu002 @Speeder 2 @Dungeness @utp45 @StarCraft_ZT2 @Martian2 @Jguo @Arryn @rott @TheTruth @Dungeness @immortalsoul @beijingwalker @xunzi @Obambam @ahtan_china @bolo @bobsm @Abacin @Tom99 @Genesis @GS Zhou @djsjs @Daniel808 @Nan Yang @70U63 ]@CAPRICORN-88 @XiaoYaoZi @Hu Songshan @theniubt @LTE-TDD @faithfulguy et al

83025aafa40f4bfb5ad1e4d2014f78f0f7361836.jpg

1.jpg

Drones for civil use in Central China
A drone sprays pesticide in a field in Duchang County of Jiujiang city, Central China's Jiangxi province
f8bc126d980d17f54daa15.jpg

Drone delivers a life buoy to a man in Wuhan, capital of Central China's Hubei province
f8bc126d980d17f551f72a.jpg

A drone burns off waste and sundries on the wire in Puyang, Central China's Henan province
f8bc126d980d17f551b51f.jpg

Interesting - I wasn't aware that Wuhan also has freight trains to Europe. The One Belt One Road is fast taking shape!

-----------------
Wuhan-Europe freight trains take the lead
Source: hubei.gov.cn 01/06/2016 05:01:17

Wuhan Asia-Europe Logistics Co., Ltd announced on January 5 that China-Europe (Wuhan) freight trains (aka. “Wuhan-Europe freight trains”) ran a total of 164 shifts in 2015, carrying 14,912 TEUs of container cargos. The growth rate exceeded 500%, ranking first nationwide.

W020160106619378755162.jpg

The Wuhan-Europe freight train is express cargo train that carries containers between Wuhan and European cities such as Moscow, Hamburg, Duisburg, Pardubice, Gorzow, etc. in about 15 days, one third of that would be taken by river-ocean combined transportation.

Lines

At present, Wuhan-Europe freight train links Wuhan with over 20 countries, including Germany, Poland, Czech Republic, Russia, Belarus, 5 countries in Central Asia, etc. Besides customized trains and public trains, random trains and LCL services were also provided to serve small and micro enterprises.

W020160106619378771881.jpg

In 2014, Wuhan-Europe freight train ran 4 lines, with two passing customs at Alataw Pass, and the other two passing customs at Khorgos and Manzhouli, respectively.

2015 has witnessed the opening of two-way freight trains linking Wuhan with Hamburg and Duisburg in Germany, as well as a “Russia-Manzhouli-Wuhan” timber train. A train linking Wuhan with Minsk of Belarus was launched on Sept. 24, 2015. Besides, the China-Europe freight train links Wuhan with Moscow on Oct. 24, 2015, forming a bilateral flow with the previous “Russia-Manzhouli-Wuhan” timber train.

Cargos from Wuhan: electronic equipment, automobiles, clothes, general merchandise of companies including Foxconn, Dongfeng, AOC, WISCO, etc.

Cargos from Europe: plastic floor, plastic compression roller, auto parts, cosmetics, fishing gears, timber, etc.

Trains in 2014 and 2015
QQ Screenshot20160126120233.jpg

Timeline
-On October 24, 2012, Wuhan-Europe freight train was launched;
-In November 2012, Wuhan-Europe freight train ceased operation;
-On April 23, 2014, Wuhan-Europe freight train resumed regular operation;
-In May 2015, the “Russia-Manzhouli-Wuhan” timber train transported Russian timber to Wuhan for the first time;
-In November 2015, Wuhan Asia-Europe Logistics Co., Ltd signed commerce and trade logistics strategic reciprocal agreement with 12 Chinese and Russian logistics companies;
-In 2016, Wuhan-Europe freight train is planned to extend westwards and establish offices in countries like France.

W020160106619378782180.jpg

Significance

Wuhan-Europe freight train is part of Wuhan’s construction of an international transportation network which integrates railway, waterway, motorway and air lines. The freight train covers countries along the Silk Road Economic Belt, links up Yangtze River Economic Belt and Maritime Silk Road, and contributes to China’s “Belt and Road” Initiative.

Interesting - I wasn't aware that Wuhan also has freight trains to Europe. The One Belt One Road is fast taking shape!

-----------------
Wuhan-Europe freight trains take the lead
Source: hubei.gov.cn 01/06/2016 05:01:17

Wuhan Asia-Europe Logistics Co., Ltd announced on January 5 that China-Europe (Wuhan) freight trains (aka. “Wuhan-Europe freight trains”) ran a total of 164 shifts in 2015, carrying 14,912 TEUs of container cargos. The growth rate exceeded 500%, ranking first nationwide.

View attachment 289576

The Wuhan-Europe freight train is express cargo train that carries containers between Wuhan and European cities such as Moscow, Hamburg, Duisburg, Pardubice, Gorzow, etc. in about 15 days, one third of that would be taken by river-ocean combined transportation.

Lines

At present, Wuhan-Europe freight train links Wuhan with over 20 countries, including Germany, Poland, Czech Republic, Russia, Belarus, 5 countries in Central Asia, etc. Besides customized trains and public trains, random trains and LCL services were also provided to serve small and micro enterprises.

View attachment 289577

In 2014, Wuhan-Europe freight train ran 4 lines, with two passing customs at Alataw Pass, and the other two passing customs at Khorgos and Manzhouli, respectively.

2015 has witnessed the opening of two-way freight trains linking Wuhan with Hamburg and Duisburg in Germany, as well as a “Russia-Manzhouli-Wuhan” timber train. A train linking Wuhan with Minsk of Belarus was launched on Sept. 24, 2015. Besides, the China-Europe freight train links Wuhan with Moscow on Oct. 24, 2015, forming a bilateral flow with the previous “Russia-Manzhouli-Wuhan” timber train.

Cargos from Wuhan: electronic equipment, automobiles, clothes, general merchandise of companies including Foxconn, Dongfeng, AOC, WISCO, etc.

Cargos from Europe: plastic floor, plastic compression roller, auto parts, cosmetics, fishing gears, timber, etc.

Trains in 2014 and 2015
View attachment 289578

Timeline
-On October 24, 2012, Wuhan-Europe freight train was launched;
-In November 2012, Wuhan-Europe freight train ceased operation;
-On April 23, 2014, Wuhan-Europe freight train resumed regular operation;
-In May 2015, the “Russia-Manzhouli-Wuhan” timber train transported Russian timber to Wuhan for the first time;
-In November 2015, Wuhan Asia-Europe Logistics Co., Ltd signed commerce and trade logistics strategic reciprocal agreement with 12 Chinese and Russian logistics companies;
-In 2016, Wuhan-Europe freight train is planned to extend westwards and establish offices in countries like France.

View attachment 289579

Significance

Wuhan-Europe freight train is part of Wuhan’s construction of an international transportation network which integrates railway, waterway, motorway and air lines. The freight train covers countries along the Silk Road Economic Belt, links up Yangtze River Economic Belt and Maritime Silk Road, and contributes to China’s “Belt and Road” Initiative.
Another trans-Eurasia freight corridor from Central China, Zhengzhou-Russia-Germany, is more successful.

3801213fb80e7bec9b1d996b2e2eb9389a506b71.jpg

99762df8-afa5-4a5c-9f61-f038c54be568_size249_w600_h323.jpg

What is Shenzhen planning to do with the current existing buses that are non-electric?
Give them to brother cities I think.:-)

Thanks for tagging me bro, good thread. I've been to Wuhan & I think it's already quite well developed, & doesn't lag much behind coastal cities like Guangzhou or Shenzhen or Tianjin, perhaps Shanghai stands out as more developed but it's the financial center anyway.

Btw, the tagging doesn't work. I only knew you tagged me when I enter this thread, so the others may not get your notification.
Considering basic infra and people's salary, Central China is at least one decade away from Costal China.
U can have a rough idea from this map, GDP per capita of prefecture-level units.
Red is high, blue is low.
The distance is sharp.
1.jpg

Thanks for tagging me bro, good thread. I've been to Wuhan & I think it's already quite well developed, & doesn't lag much behind coastal cities like Guangzhou or Shenzhen or Tianjin, perhaps Shanghai stands out as more developed but it's the financial center anyway.

Btw, the tagging doesn't work. I only knew you tagged me when I enter this thread, so the others may not get your notification.
Really?
Let me try again, see if it works this time.
[USER=165950]@Yizhi[/USER] @Shotgunner51 @TaiShang 6941]@Stranagor @cirr @Keel @Jlaw @Place Of Space @FairAndUnbiased @zeronet @Raphael @sweetgrape @Edison Chen @Chinese Bamboo @Chinese-Dragon @cnleio @+4vsgorillas-Apebane @onebyone @yusheng @Kyle Sun @dy1022 @Beast @YoucanYouup @terranMarine @ahojunk @kuge@Economic superpower @Beidou2020 @cirr @JSCh @jkroo @Pangu @ChineseTiger1986 @powastick @onebyone @kankan326 @badguy2000 @TianyaTaiwan @ahtan_china @ChineseTiger1986 @powastick @empirefighter @hexagonsnow @xuxu1457 @sword1947 @tranquilium@55100864 @Sommer @HongWu002 @Speeder 2 @Dungeness @utp45 @StarCraft_ZT2 @Martian2 @Jguo @Arryn @rott @TheTruth @Dungeness @immortalsoul @beijingwalker @xunzi @Obambam @ahtan_china @bolo @bobsm @Abacin @Tom99 @Genesis @GS Zhou @djsjs @Daniel808 @Nan Yang @70U63 ]@CAPRICORN-88 @XiaoYaoZi @Hu Songshan @theniubt @LTE-TDD @faithfulguy @nang2 @Daniel808 @liubang et al

Central China 'one-card' system coming in March
People in the city of Nanyang, Henan province will be able to pay for public transportation, utility bills, medical expenses and other fees via just a single card when the city introduces its new system this March.

The "one-card" system has Housing and Urban-Rural Development Ministry approval and is part of a larger network connecting 72 cities across China that allows people to use it for public transportation elsewhere.

Nanyang got the idea from bigger cities such as Shanghai and Zhengzhou, where they can add money to their account at Agricultural Bank of China outlets. This "one-card" system is an improvement in combining payments for medical care, tourism, public transportation, education and consumer spending, on the road to smart city development in Nanyang.
86d6277f9e2f0708c31e33f3e824b899a901f22e.jpg

Air route opened between central China, Middle East

Central China's metropolis of Wuhan opened a direct air route with Dubai on Tuesday afternoon.

It is the first air route linking Wuhan, a city along the Yangtze River with a population of more than 10 million, with the Middle East region.

The maiden flight with an Airbus A330 took off at 3:25 p.m. from Wuhan, capital of Hubei Province, and landed at 9:05 p.m. local time in Dubai, the business hub of the United Arab Emirates.

The flight will run every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, according to China Southern Airlines, the operator of the flight.

More than 85 percent of the seats available in January have been booked, said Cai Zhizhou, general manager of China Southern Airlines' Hubei branch.

Dubai received 500,000 Chinese tourists in 2015, up 47 percent year on year, according to the Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing, the principal authority for the planning and marketing of tourism in Dubai.

http://www.ecns.cn/2016/01-13/195726.shtml

No. I didn't get any tagging notification, maybe only I have the problem...

Me too, just know I am tagged after enter the thread @Pangu @AndrewJin

After the title of world' highest bridge was stripped away, now our excellent governor is stripped away:frown:
@dy1022 @Chinese Bamboo @Place Of Space

------------------------------------------------------------
Hubei's Party Chief Takes Over in Tianjin

(Beijing) — Hubei province's party secretary has been named the the new party secretary of Tianjin, replacing the municipality's ousted top official.

The ruling Communist Party's Central Committee appointed Li Hongzhong to replace Huang Xingguo, the official Xinhua News Agency reported Tuesday.

Huang, Tianjin's mayor since 2008 and acting party secretary since 2014, was charged this week by the Central Commission for Discipline Inspection (CCDI) with "serious violations of party discipline," a euphemism that usually refers to corruption. Details of the charges were not released.

Huang has acknowledged partial responsibility for the August 2015 explosion at a hazardous-materials warehouse in the city's port district in which 165 people were killed.

Li, 60, a native of Changle, Shandong province, has spent much of his political career in Guangdong province, including four years as Shenzhen mayor. After four years in that post, he was transferred to Hubei in 2008 after being appointed its governor. Two years later, he was promoted to party secretary, Hubei's top government job.

This past summer, Li oversaw flood relief operations in Hubei's biggest city, Wuhan.

Henan's huge flower field spreads its scent far and wide
2016-09-26
fxFnHsV.jpg

With more than a hundred kinds of plants, the 3.33-square-kilometer flower field in Yanling, Henan province, opened to visitors on Sept 28. It expects the tourist number to exceed five million. [Photo/IC]
6bMdgOS.jpg

More than a hundred kinds of plants are grown in the field. [Photo/IC]
wsfS1pf.jpg

The flowers have been formed into different shapes. [Photo/IC]
vAmsqFt.jpg

A windmill is installed in the flower field. [Photo/IC]
h8qOC0Z.jpg

A flower bed. [Photo/IC]
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2016-09/26/content_26892900_5.htm

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom