What's new

CCTV news: PLA has many secret super weapons and will win the war with them

I can and I will. I laugh every time someone even implies there is NO comparison between China and Iraq.

Am going to give you one of many incidents of Desert Storm that military historians and analysts continues to study to this day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Khafji
https://www.army.mil/article/141322/JSTARS_plays_critical_role_in_Operation_Desert_Storm

JSTARS was a new sensor platform that made its combat presence in Desert Storm 1991 while it was still in the development phase.

At the Battle of Al Khafji, the E-8 JSTARS proved its worth in ways that the PLA can only dream of.

Two radars: Moving Target Indicator (MTI) and Synthetic Aperture (SAR).

SAR is more resource intensive than MTI, from CPU to graphical display. MTI discriminates only velocity differences. If you are moving faster than background, you will be noted. On the other hand, SAR uses radar returns to compose, as approximate as possible to a black and white photograph, of what it sees. For SAR, moving objects are the most difficult to represent.

At the Battle of Al Khafji, the JSTARS crew used the MTI radar to track the Iraqi Army convoy. The JSTARS crew can only guess at the composition of the column. When the convoy stopped, the MTI radar showed nothing. Simply put, there were no velocity differences to display, so the scopes were blanks, so to speak.

If the convoy stopped, that can be either the convoy arrived at its destination, or was preparing to secure itself for the night. But since the convoy stopped moving, it means less computing power demands for the SAR system, so the JSTARS crew turned on the SAR. Back then, the graphics were blurry, but still good enough for the JSTARS crew to discriminate tracked from wheeled vehicles in the convoy. Tracked vehicles means tanks and/or mobile artillery. Wheeled vehicles means troops carriers or other.

The JSTARS crew then guided in fighter-bombers and the slaughter began with the tracked vehicles the first victims.

This is the kind of combat experience the PLA do not have. It does not matter if we are talking about the PLA of today. Convoys obeys certain rules in order to make themselves efficient at what they do -- transport stuff. Under fire, soldiers scatters and seeks cover, even to the ground. Air force fighters like to travels at least in pairs. And so on...

What happened at the Battle of Al Khafji showed how US airmen can quickly adapt as far as EMPLOYMENT of what they have. And as far as airpower goes, this is just one in the thousands of situations, large and small, of how US airmen accomplished their missions using their equipment in ways the original designers never thought of using.

Let us be generous and assume that, in a hypothetical shooting fight between the US and China, the two countries are technological parity.

China WILL still lose. That is my prediction. And I am a Desert Storm veteran.

China will be facing an opponent that has a proven record of creative uses of technology to adapt to the immediate environment and combat situation, as the JSTARS example showed. It is at least one magnitude, but more like two, difference between US and China. What the JSTARS crew did at Al Khafji, we had 20 yrs since then to refine at analyses and exercises, as well as advances in technology. In the decades that we were studying what went right and what went wrong of Desert Storm, China finally started modernizing her military.

People on this forum laughed at US because we defeated Iraq, a country that they said 'could not fight back'.

Iraq definitely could fight back. Iraq watched US build up for months. The Iraqi Army was probably the most combat experienced in the ME. Not even China could have fought the Iraqi military. People foolishly reasoned that the swift defeat of the Iraqi Army meant it was weak.

WRONG

That swift defeat of the Iraqi military, from land to sea and to air, meant that the US military was far superior at the EMPLOYMENT of what we have, including superior technology, than the Iraqi military was the EMPLOYMENT of what it had.

Any shooting fight against US -- China WILL lose.
Nice exposition, it tells something about your deep inside thought :smitten::smitten::pdf:
No further comment is necessary!

No, DF-21/DF-26 are not used to deliver nuke. They are used 30years ago when they are the longest range solid fuel ballistic missile. Since DF-31 and DF-5B are available with longer range , faster speed and higher payload.

Why bother to fit precious nuke on inferior missile compare to real ICBM?

Ah, bro. It's not so secret weapons. They are even show in victory day parade such as DF21D and DF26. As an enthusiast for military equipment do you see DF26 before that time? LOL.

Laser cannon that can shoot remote entities could be called secret weapon which powered by independent power station and no one ever recognize it. Lol.

The doubt is theirs. Lol. So the useless skeptics could continue their stereotypical arguments. Some of the westerners are really confused for both China threat and the downplay propagandas for China's military capabilities. LMAO.

I really want the comedies keep showing.

PS. How many countries on the earth can be on par with China's military capabilities? LOL

Last edited:
China just unveiled a new missile known as 'assassin's mace' that can travel 10 times faster than the speed of sound
  • Millie Dent, The Fiscal Times
  • Sep. 3, 2015, 7:15 PM
China just held a massive military parade to mark the 70th anniversary of the end of World War II. Organizers spared no expense.

The Beijing display reportedly featured 12,000 troops, about 200 planes and helicopters and around 500 troop carriers, rocket launchers, missiles and tanks.

President Xi Jinping also made a surprise announcement during the parade that the size of the Chinese military would be reduced by around 300,000 soldiers, but those cuts are a sign of transition more than one of weakness.

By 2020, China will have doubled its defense spending to $260 billion from $134 billion in 2010, according to analysts at research firm IHS. Only the U.S. leads China in global defense spending. And much as the U.S. is doing, China is shifting away from ground troops and toward high-tech naval and air assets.

All of which is why military analysts were keen to see the technological firepower on display in the parade; 84 percent of the weaponry China showed off was new or never before shown in public, including a missile known as an “assassin’s mace” that has generated heavy interest in military circles over the past five years.

The Chinese defense ministry has been silent about the missile up until today, other than to confirm in 2011 that the weapon was in development.

The missile, formally known as the Dongfeng 21D (DF-21D) but also known as the “carrier-killer,” is rumored to have a range of up to 1,000 miles and may be able to travel up to 10 times the speed of sound, making it virtually impossible to intercept once launched, according to the Financial Times (registration required).

--> China just unveiled a new missile - Business Insider

No, all other countries beside China loves to brag whatever new weapon or even just concept to the whole world.

Really? Did the U.S. military brag about a secret stealth helo prior to being used in the Osama Bin Laden raid? And its just a helo they kept secret about. Did you guys know about it beforehand? And I haven't mentioned other black projects that people didn't know until they were officially released or found out years or decades before.

Really? Did the U.S. military brag about a secret stealth helo prior to being used in the Osama Bin Laden raid? And its just a helo they kept secret about. Did you guys know about it beforehand? And I haven't mentioned other black projects that people didn't know until they were officially released or found out years or decades before.
sure the US might have some secrets up its sleeve, but no way to the degree that of China. Chinese military news is so limited that Chinese medias are often seen quoting foreign medias on military technology developments inside its own country. If you've been following military news for awhile, you'd know what I'm talking about.

sure the US might have some secrets up its sleeve, but no way to the degree that of China. Chinese military news is so limited that Chinese medias are often seen quoting foreign medias on military technology developments inside its own country. If you've been following military news for awhile, you'd know what I'm talking about.

How would you know? In a country like the U.S. nobody knew about the stealth helo and the U.S. govt. doesn't have much control of information like China does. Nor did anybody know about other black projects until it was revealed by accident or public intentionally. All the U.S. military experts consulting with the U.S. media didn't know such black projects until revealed. So you should know what I'm talking about.

Back
Top Bottom