What's new

Çay Bahçesi

@otriz

Remember how I promised to replaced those unblurred pictures with blurred ones? I lost the files, can you post them in the special forces thread so that I can replace them with the others?

Thanks, and sorry for taking along time. :ashamed:

No problem,you can still find them in this photobucket account. If you need anything else let me know. :)

I banned only for 2 times. :)
----------------------------------------------------
Anyways, i'm off guys. Valentine's day strikes. Will be here in the evening....or night, see ya.

lucky man.. my gf/finance is visiting her grandparents..:(

what about military service... dont you guys have conscription in SK?

Finished my 21 month active duty service in 2012 with the Daehanminguk Haebyeongdae (대한민국 해병대), the South Korean Marine Corps.

Stayed in the reserves for a year until 2013 but my grandfather kept kicking my uncle's backside to get him to use his military contacts to get me formally discharged. Got special dispensation to be released from service due to me being the sole breadwinner for my family. Had to stay in South Korea until August of last year to make sure everything was legally taken care of and to make sure there wouldn't be any government bureaucrats asking my family to make me available for questioning. This "sole breadwinner" reason that is used by some South Korean families is in the legal "grey" area as most South Korean guys finish their service in the Reserves for 8 years after doing 2-3 years of active duty service depending on the service branch. Some connected families abuse this legal "grey area" and try to pay bribes to government officials to get their sons or brothers released from military service but South Korean guys overall finish their active and reserve service. In any system, there will be definitely abuse but my people mostly follow the rules about military service. For the rare genuine occasion that South Koreans guys get excused from military service, is when there is a death in the immediate family or they get injured so bad they can't continue their duty.

My grandfather wanted me discharged so I could come back to the America to finish my college degree. My family didn't need me as a breadwinner for the family, they just wanted me to start on my college career. I'm not sure if I agree with my grandfather as I left behind fellow brothers in the Reserves (got too comfortable with losing all my cigarettes and sports drinks to those dudes in card games) but I had to play along as I didn't have a say on what to do.

Last edited:
Finished my 21 month active duty service in 2012 with the Daehanminguk Haebyeongdae (대한민국 해병대), the South Korean Marine Corps.

Stayed in the reserves for a year until 2013 but my grandfather kept kicking my uncle's backside to get him to use his military contacts to get me formally discharged. Got special dispensation to be released from service due to me being the sole breadwinner for my family. Had to stay in South Korea until August of last year to make sure everything was legally taken care of and to make sure there wouldn't be any government bureaucrats asking my family to make me available for questioning. This "sole breadwinner" reason that used by some South Korean families is in the legal "grey" area as most South Korean guys finish their service in the Reserves for 8 years after doing 2-3 years of active duty service depending on the service branch. Some connected families abuse this legal "grey area" and try to pay bribes to government officials to get their sons or brothers released from military service but South Korean guys overall finish their active and reserve service. In any system, there will be definitely abuse but my people mostly follow the rules about military service. For the rare genuine occasion that South Koreans guys get excused from military service, is when there is a death in the immediate family or they get injured so bad they can't continue their duty.

My grandfather wanted me discharged so I could come back to the America to finish my college degree. My family didn't need me as a breadwinner for the family, they just wanted me to start on my college career. I'm not sure if I agree with my grandfather as I left behind fellow brothers in the Reserves (got too comfortable with losing all my cigarettes and sports drinks to those dudes in card games) but I had to play along as I didn't have a say on what to do.

Well to be honest.... i wish Pak had conscription... in the 70-80s we had those short national defence courses ... where every student was enrolled...

@usernameless
Sorry for the ridiculously late-a$$ post. Forgot about PDF for the past year. Whats been happening recently, mate?

@Sinan
Biiiirrraadddeeerr, are you formally back now? What happened? Please help me with feeding my guilty pleasure for drama..........:oops::o:

Though if you don't want to tell me, I understand :(
hi bro. busy, busy, busy with my studies. Have so much to do, so recently i am only once or twice a week active on PDF. what about you? I remember you were going through some hard times, right? did everything work out well for you? not sure i will hang around this forum for too long though, every week or two i am decreasing my activities here. Hope all is going well for you.

@Sinan welcome back, be more careful, we need you here. :)

@usernameless welcome back to you too.

@sEoulman556 another welcome back to you, long time not seen.

@Targon @Akheilos are you out there?

Biiiirrraadddeeerr, are you formally back now? What happened? Please help me with feeding my guilty pleasure for drama..........:oops::o:
Since you asked, this might look familiar to you, newest released picture of Altay, looks moore similar to K2 than before. :)

Altay MBT Program | Page 83

biz instanbulu ne hale getirmisik yaw :blink: City plan diye bir sey varmis.

BYZANCE ARCHITECTURE, catégorie Annexe Work sur antoine-helbert.com
Sehir planlamasi deyince benim aklima böyle birsey geliyor, senin resmindekiler gibi degil.

Piraeus_map_1908.jpg

Well to be honest.... i wish Pak had conscription... in the 70-80s we had those short national defence courses ... where every student was enrolled...

Believe it or not, some of my people want South Korea to be in Pakistan's situation because of Pakistani nuclear strike capabilities. When a country like Pakistan has nukes, very rarely will that country have any type of conscription because of MAD rules. Sharing land borders with a big hostile country like India would not be the best situation but at least South Korean guys wouldn't get separated from their families or delay their plans for college because of conscription. And, conscription is a very intense political issue in any country but it feels more dramatized in my country when some famous K-pop singer or a well-connected bureaucrat's son gets completely excused from military service or only has to do a stupidly easy desk job. South Korean guys think how SK's conscription system is currently set up is very unfair.

hi bro. busy, busy, busy with my studies. Have so much to do, so recently i am only once or twice a week active on PDF. what about you? I remember you were going through some hard times, right? did everything work out well for you? not sure i will hang around this forum for too long though, every week or two i am decreasing my activities here. Hope all is going well for you.

I am in the same boat as you. Just trying to stay up to date with my studies and have enough free time to sneak out of the house to meet up with my friends. I don't know if stuff back in SK worked out for me. I had to break up with my girlfriend last spring. She went mentally overboard when she found out that my grandfather was kicking me out of the country. I really liked this girl but she had all these wild daydreams that two of us should run away together and find an apartment. I told her she was crazy if she thought I wanted to disobey my grandfather. When she realized I wasn't going to change my mind, she got really vicious towards me and I ultimately had to break up with her. I agree with you about this forum. I don't hang around this forum too often but when I'm online I only post when I see unpleasant comments about my country. Too many threads with dick-measuring contests these days :disagree:

Believe it or not, some of my people want South Korea to be in Pakistan's situation because of Pakistani nuclear strike capabilities. When a country like Pakistan has nukes, very rarely will that country have any type of conscription because of MAD rules. Sharing land borders with a big hostile country like India would not be the best situation but at least South Korean guys wouldn't get separated from their families or delay their plans for college because of conscription. And, conscription is a very intense political issue in any country but it feels more dramatized in my country when some famous K-pop singer or a well-connected bureaucrat's son gets completely excused from military service or only has to do a stupidly easy desk job. South Korean guys think how SK's conscription system is currently set up is very unfair.

To be honest.. in our country Japan,South Korea,China are role models when it comes to economic development... i remember reading n hearing how S.Korea implemented our economic prog back in the 60s.. and look where you are today.... and we... well continuous bad luck ..

I am in the same boat as you. Just trying to stay up to date with my studies and have enough free time to sneak out of the house to meet up with my friends. I don't know if stuff back in SK worked out for me. I had to break up with my girlfriend last spring. She went mentally overboard when she found out that my grandfather was kicking me out of the country. I really liked this girl but she had all these wild daydreams that two of us should run away together and find an apartment. I told her she was crazy if she thought I wanted to disobey my grandfather. When she realized I wasn't going to change my mind, she got really vicious towards me and I ultimately had to break up with her. I agree with you about this forum. I don't hang around this forum too often but when I'm online I only post when I see unpleasant comments about my country. Too many threads with dick-measuring contests these days :disagree:
as long as you do what you have to do, the rest will come later on. Such women are really an obstacle, imo haha. Once they set a dream as their goal, it's either you tag along till the end or prepare for a conflict, i understand your situation.

Are you planning on living in the US once you're done with your studies?

also, not sure if i asked this one before, what do you think of Park Geunhye?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom