What's new

Çay Bahçesi

neither happy nor angry about his appointment . hopefully he does his job well

neither happy nor angry about his appointment . hopefully he does his job well

He is very articulate, and speaks english very well, which is a bit rare for Turkish politicians, he held his own in interviews in the english press as well(along with Gulnur Abyet for that matter). I would have thought he would have gotten the foreign affairs role, but im sure he is competent enough for this role as well.

A couple of years ago PKK was emboldened and encouraged by the Syrian war and tried to enter the Southeast with hundreds of fighters.

@MMM-E Do you remember the name of the operation?

Anyway, unlike the Israelis, the Turkish Forces did not let them enter. Goes to show you how capable and experienced TSK is in fighting of irregular forces like PKK or Hamas.

A couple of years ago PKK was emboldened and encouraged by the Syrian war and tried to enter the Southeast with hundreds of fighters.

@MMM-E Do you remember the name of the operation?

Anyway, unlike the Israelis, the Turkish Forces did not let them enter. Goes to show you how capable and experienced TSK is in fighting of irregular forces like PKK or Hamas.
We still experienced unacceptable losses in al-bab, and we shouldn't have lost any tanks in Afrin but we did.

Turkish ground forces still seem to me to be the weakest link. Our mechanized infantry is lacking modern IFVs and our armor is lacking in pretty much all aspects.

Maybe we got too used to assymetric warfare.

What a joke

Israeli ambassador
  • doesn't speak any Turkish
  • doesn't answer any of the questions
  • repeats the same things over and over again like a parrot

We still experienced unacceptable losses in al-bab, and we shouldn't have lost any tanks in Afrin but we did.

Turkish ground forces still seem to me to be the weakest link. Our mechanized infantry is lacking modern IFVs and our armor is lacking in pretty much all aspects.

You might be right but I am convinced that adjusting to a conflict against regular military forces can be done much easier and faster than 'learning' how 'to handle' an enemy who solely relies on asymmetric tactics and civil war methods.

Our land forces are indeed our 'weakest' link, though, I feel like the military leadership and the government are aware of this issue. I see promising developments for the future.

There are two qualities that we need to implement throughout our forces:

1. Dynamism. The ability to quickly adapt to newly arising challenges on the battlefield without having to suffer major losses.

2. Connectivity. All branches need to be in constant exchange of information without outside Interference.

The Russians lack both properties and the Ukrainian war is an immeasurable punishment for this deficiency.

Also, I believe that our land forces relied too much on size rather than quality. lol

Last edited:
I didn't use to listen to Fatih Altaylı much other than TekeTek Bilim episodes because I don't watch tv. But his take on the recent Gaza conflict is very good

I think for the first time in my life I'm gonna vote for AKP. All my criticism stands, I think these people are corrupt as shit but the opposition belongs in a mental asylum. Fucking retards

Last edited:
@Stryker1982
I can't reply on Iranian chill thread, mods threadbanned me. You can post the news here and we can discuss it.

But suffice to say that a lot of people lost hope after the elections, there has even been suicides.

@Stryker1982
I can't reply on Iranian chill thread, mods threadbanned me. You can post the news here and we can discuss it.

But suffice to say that a lot of people lost hope after the elections, there has even been suicides.
I'm guessing Turkish passports allow pretty easy travel to Mexico? Now I would not be surprised in that case, shouldn't be too hard to get to the border from Mexico City.

The few hundred Iranians doesn't surprise me, If you only have Iranian passport, not much areas you can go to easily. I think if Iran had visa free travel to Mexico, we'd see high 5 digit numbers easily.

I guess I'm a bit surprised, since Turkey is a pretty nice place to live, especially the climate is very well balanced. Alot of more liberal Iranians have moved there since it's close to Iran and allows for drinking and partying, and you're fully integrated with the world.

I'm guessing Turkish passports allow pretty easy travel to Mexico? Now I would not be surprised in that case, shouldn't be too hard to get to the border from Mexico City.

The few hundred Iranians doesn't surprise me, If you only have Iranian passport, not much areas you can go to easily. I think if Iran had visa free travel to Mexico, we'd see high 5 digit numbers easily.

I guess I'm a bit surprised, since Turkey is a pretty nice place to live, especially the climate is very well balanced. Alot of more liberal Iranians have moved there since it's close to Iran and allows for drinking and partying, and you're fully integrated with the world.
Turkey is a very nice place to live, that much is true if you ignore all the socio-economic factors. The country is FLOODED with millions of arab/afghan refugees, real-estate prices have skyrocketed to insane amounts. If you had a nice 3+1 apartment in a good part of İstanbul you could easily sell it and buy a fucking CASTLE in English countryside.

The situation is testing the patriotism of citizens.

If this isn't our country anymore, if it belongs to Syrians, Afghans etc. then why on earth are we enduring this when there are nicer places to live?

Turkey is a very nice place to live, that much is true if you ignore all the socio-economic factors. The country is FLOODED with millions of arab/afghan refugees, real-estate prices have skyrocketed to insane amounts. If you had a nice 3+1 apartment in a good part of İstanbul you could easily sell it and buy a fucking CASTLE in English countryside.

The situation is testing the patriotism of citizens.

If this isn't our country anymore, if it belongs to Syrians, Afghans etc. then why on earth are we enduring this when there are nicer places to live?
Iran is being flooded with Afghan's more recently, historically theirs been many but more are trying to come over. Alot of them are very filthy, and backwards, and some of them make their way to Turkey. Similar problems. I don't know if we can integrate and civilize them to wear proper clothing, and bathe....

Exactly the same problem and is creating alot of anger and mobs. Atleast for us, many Afghans speak Dari which is similar to Persian, and they have a easier time communicating, I imagine their are so many people in Turkey, that cannot speak Turkish and they make little enclaves where you can't communicate with them. Theirs alot of that going on in Canada as well.

I don't know what can be done about that but as you said it is certainly testing, and a major destabilizing factor. We can't even be certain of the security situation as well, are these people Taliban members? Extremist killers?

Iran is being flooded with Afghan's more recently, historically theirs been many but more are trying to come over. Alot of them are very filthy, and backwards, and some of them make their way to Turkey. Similar problems. I don't know if we can integrate and civilize them to wear proper clothing, and bathe....

Exactly the same problem and is creating alot of anger and mobs. Atleast for us, many Afghans speak Dari which is similar to Persian, and they have a easier time communicating, I imagine their are so many people in Turkey, that cannot speak Turkish and they make little enclaves where you can't communicate with them. Theirs alot of that going on in Canada as well.

I don't know what can be done about that but as you said it is certainly testing, and a major destabilizing factor. We can't even be certain of the security situation as well, are these people Taliban members? Extremist killers?
I don't know how it is in Turkey, but we have a somewhat trialist society still. In parts of the country, tribe is very important, and particularly the Kurdish tribes are not very welcoming to Afghan with the footage I've seen. I've seen it all, you'd think economy, inflation will destabilize but it's always social factors that destabilizes a state, and I've never seen such anger as much as this refugee problem, and of all the world Afghans might be the worst quality refugees to get on average.

Who knows? they are jumping over the fences and crossing the border with no oversight. They are all military age men and they come through Iran. Do you know what you're offloading on us? If you know, please share, because we haven't any fucking clue.

It's a fucking invasion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom