What's new

Caste Hindus Torch 285 Dalit Huts in Tamil Nadu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i belong to madurai too, though i study and live here in chennai :D

I know that - I saw that in another thread. :) - Why do you think I did not pose questions back to you? I did not want to ask more questions in public.

I followed Kazhuku post in turning point in history thread as well. Basically he meant Brahminism brought in the caste divisions and that is what he is meaning here for the cause of all the caste ill wills.

P.S - I wish the admins provide the PM facilities for atleast the senior members and upwards.

I guessed that.. But some people are too narrow minded to think about it as Brahmins...

Not to digress, but ....

@ Chinese-Dragon

there are two main language families in India.

Indo-Aryan ( Only Major Languages) - Sanskrit,Hindi,Urdu,Marathi,Bengali,Oriya,Punjabi,Nepali Gujarati, Assamese,etc.

The lineage of present day Hindi can be traced to Sanskrit, Prakrit and Pali ( Prakrit and Pali are virtually extinct languages spoken in ancient India)...

Other than Hindi-Urdu, I don't think any other language pair in India can be considered mutually intelligible. Hindi and Urdu are basically the same language but with different scripts and a few minor differences.

Dravidian (Only major languages)- Tamil, Kannada,Telugu,Malayalam,etc.

The Dravidian languages are said to have been derived from Proto-tamil .

Contrary to popular belief, Sinhalese is not a Dravidian language, but belongs to the Indo-aryan group of languages and is more similar to Sanskrit than any of the Dravidian languages.

Sad news.
South India is a much more casteist society than North India barring maybe UP & Bihar - and TN the worst among South Indian states in this.

Sad news.
South India is a much more casteist society than North India barring maybe UP - and TN the worst among South Indian states in this.

that means you have not been to andhra.....

and south india more casteist that north india...baji please....at no point there were ranvir senas or khap panchayats or agitations like the gujar agitations here.....and it was in tn that the famous social reformation movement of periyar started which aolished caste atrocities to a large extent.....and unlike some pplaces caste violence in south is not a one side traffic.....its a two way traffic.....meaning there have been many cases of dalits starting the riots.....but on a whole caste violence is few and far inbetween.....even in this case if u see, the violence started only after the girl;s father committed suicide...not justifying anything...but just saying the context...

its ok if we criticize things...but should not get overwhelmed and keep things in perspective.....even though there are caste politics...it is not as rooted as say up or bihar where caste is the ultimate determining factor.....

that means you have not been to andhra.....
I have gone to Hyderabad. Barring that you are right.
I have gone to TN and in small towns like Salem among others. Caste discrimination was way higher than most other places i have been too.

and south india more casteist that north india...baji please....at no point there were ranvir senas or khap panchayats or agitations like the gujar agitations here.....

its ok if we criticize things...but should not get overwhelmed and keep things in perspective.....even though there are caste politics...it is not as rooted as say up or bihar where caste is the ultimate determining factor.....
I should ammend my post. UP & Bihar.

I have gone to TN and in small towns like Salem among others. Caste discrimination was way higher than most other places i have been too.

dont know much about salem....but the potential caste trouble spots in tn are areas around madurai and dharmapuri.....in andhra its mostly rayalseema....but i can say they are no way as organized or large scale as in some parts in north.....

I should ammend my post. UP & Bihar.

u can add haryana, rajasthan too to that and that means pretty much entire north india....:)

also the population of up+bihar is greater than the entire population of south india by 50 millions and they have as much MP seats as the whole of south combined....:woot:.....

u can add haryana, rajasthan too to that and that means pretty much entire north india....:)
Nah mate. Haryana Rajasthan dont even come close to UP/Bihar/TN.
also the population of up+bihar is greater than the entire population of south india by 50 millions and they have as much MP seats as the whole of south combined....:woot:.....
That again is true!

Disgraceful act by Baharmans... :tdown:

Caste wars in Tamil Nadu: 200 Dalit houses burnt in Dharmapuri
Reported by Sam Daniel Stalin, Edited by Amit Chaturvedi | Updated: December 10, 2012 13:36 IST

Chennai: Three Dalit villages that showed phenomenal socio-economic development in Tamil Nadu's Dharmapuri district today stand gutted and ruined. More than 200 houses were burnt and looted here on November 7, allegedly by upper caste Vanniar community; their belongings, tools and vehicles reduced to ashes.

These villages were once under the grip of the Naxals. But now, the Vanniars, Dalits allege, are unleashing a reign of terror as they couldn't stand their economic development.

The trouble began with a love marriage between a Dalit man and a Vanniar woman over a month ago in the Natham village. The bride refused to return home and her embarrassed father committed suicide. The Dalits allege this enraged the Vanniars who then set the houses on fire and looted their cash and jewellery.

Dalits say their economic prosperity was the real target of attack. In the past the community served the Vanniars; now thanks to social justice reforms, many are entrepreneurs, employed in government and private sector. Duraisamy, a Dalit ex-serviceman who is also the uncle of the bridegroom, has lost all his property. He told NDTV, "For three generations our family has been sending our men to the Army. We had a huge collection of artefacts from all the places we had served, and all are gone now." He adds, "In education, economy and cleanliness we are much better now, that's a reason. We no longer go to them to work as slaves. We don't know why this casteist fanaticism."

Caste wars in Tamil Nadu: 200 Dalit houses burnt in Dharmapuri | NDTV.com

Caste wars in Tamil Nadu: 200 Dalit houses burnt in Dharmapuri | NDTV.com

Next time don't complain about Sri Lanka's treatment of Tamils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom