What's new

Car Manufacturing Mafia Fleecing the Ordinary Pakistani

Government already initiated this. However right now need is to establish pakistan steel mills, atleast 2 such entities based on locally available balochistan ore.

Then to establish polymer manufacturing from thar coal

Yes! Until this is not done, there will be small group of extortionist. Also important to note is size of market so economy of scale.

I m in no way in favor of business model in Pakistan of assembling cars. But you cant expect these prices if volumes are few thousands. And assemblers too know how to extort money. They slow down production, to keep demand high. On a slight increase of dollar, they increase prices multiple times. Their excuse, they import most of the components. The government should step in and induct this mafia to either export vehicles or pack up.

To give an example. Honda Civic in Canadian market is made in Canada, entirely. Its price is slightly less than the price of Civic in Pakistan! In last year's exchange rate, Civic in Pakistan costs C$27,000. Top class model here costs C$30,000. The one comparable to Pakistan is $25,000. These are prices which approximately include dealer discounts. As dealers here compete with each other to sell cars, not like Pakistan.

Now compare the Canadian economy to Pakistan's.

I can tell you I have seen both models in showrooms. The Canadian Civic is so much better built.

Main components such as engiene and electronics are still being imported which is the biggest cause of high price. Second coat is that of high tax on vehicles above 1200cc. Third domestic extorionists are in play here as well. Parts market also acts like a mafia. Some parts manufacturers are only on paper and they further subcontracted to Chinese manufacturers. I say this on good authority bcz a friend is doing wholesale of imported parts for all top 3 manufacturers. Not only their quality is good but also they are cheaper than locally made parts.

Yes! Until this is not done, there will be small group of extortionist. Also important to note is size of market so economy of scale.

I m in no way in favor of business model in Pakistan of assembling cars. But you cant expect these prices if volumes are few thousands. And assemblers too know how to extort money. They slow down production, to keep demand high. On a slight increase of dollar, they increase prices multiple times. Their excuse, they import most of the components. The government should step in and induct this mafia to either export vehicles or pack up.

To give an example. Honda Civic in Canadian market is made in Canada, entirely. Its price is slightly less than the price of Civic in Pakistan! In last year's exchange rate, Civic in Pakistan costs C$27,000. Top class model here costs C$30,000. The one comparable to Pakistan is $25,000. These are prices which approximately include dealer discounts. As dealers here compete with each other to sell cars, not like Pakistan.

Now compare the Canadian economy to Pakistan's.

I can tell you I have seen both models in showrooms. The Canadian Civic is so much better built.

The top of the line Civic just crossed CAD 36,000!!

Government should partner with Daihatsu, Suzuki and Honda of Japan for establishing a separate plant for manufacturing / assembling of KEI Small Segment Cars of 660 CC, in which the ratio of investment would be 40 % by government and 60 % would be these Japanese Automakers.

5 KEI models should be introduced by each CAR companies mentioned above.

The subcompact / midsized cars are out of reach for a middle Class Pakistanis.

BIO METRIC Verification should be done with his NADRA and FBR profiles and made sure that the buyer is in the Active Tax Payers List to ensure only genuine buyers are buying the car.

thats why i say thousand of ppl should buy donkey ride on motor way when government ask, you say why your mum charging to much tax on shitiest built cars, either you start building quality cars and cost price or our donkeys will sh it on your roads.

There is a reason why a lot of people call it a 'Banana Republic'.

The top of the line Civic just crossed CAD 36,000!!

F*****ck!!!!!

But then there still will be buyers in Pakistan no matter what the price. I feel a lot of Pakistanis have haraam ki kamai. This is why they dont put worth to the money they spend.

This car mafia will never being down price once dollar price goes down.

All the successive Govts have missed out on putting the car manufacturing mafia at bay in Pakistan. The cars in Pakistan cost near to the poor man's dwellings. What a shame below is just one regional example compared to the neighbour.
View attachment 782704

Is there any mafia left in Pakistan which is not fleecing common Pakistanis?

Cars to cars even bikes are getting so expensive with honda 70 touching near to 100K yet i read a news where atlas Honda made a record sale in bikes.
The so called lower segment of society that does not pay any taxes, is the main customer of "main ta honda he lain sa"
Both the rich and this fake lower segment of the society needs to be examined thoroughly.
Haram ka paisa dono ka pass he bohat ha.

Back
Top Bottom