What's new

Can’t keep waiting for stealth fighter, India tells Russia

Can't keep waiting? What BS.

Why don't you develop your own? Oh yes, you couldn't build a decent 4th gen plane in short time and want to dictate to Russia.

More like J-31 to Pakistan Mirchi effect.

Pressure tactics
You get to do that when you are funding half of the project

Not much I suppose. Joint Venture for AMCA is need of the hour.
If RuAF inducts pakfa by 2018 & we have to wait till 2025, thts not a fair deal.
:close_tema: :flame:

Their are differences of engines,radar and some other things,pakfa in its current form is not refined enough to be inducted.

India will only partake and help finance pak fa if there are improving the pak fa from current design and technical capability.

If the Russians can't do this then India should. Walk a way

As i have posted in post above,they indeed will improve the pakfa, tom cruise:D

The bone of contention here is the engines I guess.The rest can wait but IAF will never accept the FGFA without the 17 ton thrust engines.

Does Parrikkar has the necessary "DEFENSE BACKGROUND" to even say this? :D

The bone of contention here is the engines I guess.The rest can wait but IAF will never accept the FGFA without the 17 ton thrust engines.

Actually even item 117 producing 147 kn is not bad per se.But yeah idz 30 if it comes into being will be a beast of another level.
Also the composites have to increase for stealth and to reduce the weight further not to mention that HAL will share some work from 13-25 percent based on different reports.

All this while we have to spend 5.5 billion on r&d too from our side so this is bound to take time.

Actually even item 117 producing 147 kn is not bad per se.But yeah idz 30 if it comes into being will be a beast of another level.
Also the composites have to increase for stealth and to reduce the weight further not to mention that HAL will share some work from 13-25 percent based on different reports.

All this while we have to spend 5.5 billion on r&d too from our side so this is bound to take time.

Unfortunately,time is the luxery IAF does not have right now.That is why I now think that it would have been better to double the numbers of MKIs and upgrade then to Super standard rather than going for the Rafle.At least they could have replaced the aging MiGs faster that way.

Unfortunately,time is the luxery IAF does not have right now.That is why I now think that it would have been better to double the numbers of MKIs and upgrade then to Super standard rather than going for the Rafle.At least they could have replaced the aging MiGs faster that way.

The best was to go for only pakfa starting from the initial version that russians will induct and getting newer one post 2020 and make up for the shortages with more mki's albeit upgraded ones like we will do now anyways with aesa etc.

That way things would have moved much quickly and we would have committed far more money on lca/amca etc.

Sadly many don't agree with this.

The best was to go for only pakfa starting from the initial version that russians will induct and getting newer one post 2020 and make up for the shortages with more mki's albeit upgraded ones like we will do now anyways with aesa etc.

That way things would have moved much quickly and we would have committed far more money on lca/amca etc.

Sadly many don't agree with this.

Yeah,I know that many do not agree but to me,that's the only logical choice.

Unfortunately,time is the luxery IAF does not have right now.

that's because of tejas. rafale and upgraded sukhois can take care of the top end for a long time.

it's the bottom end which is not "reliable". tejas.

Yeah,I know that many do not agree but to me,that's the only logical choice.

With rafale and both pakfa consuming 20+35=55 billion over next 25 years AMCA is effectively dead and so will be research on newer engine etc.

Pressure tactics
You get to do that when you are funding half of the project

You can fund the whole project, yet somethings will only move at their natural pace. This is the world of engineering.

that's because of tejas. rafale and upgraded sukhois can take care of the top end for a long time.

it's the bottom end which is not "reliable". tejas.

Its only a matter of a year now before it gets the foc.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom