What's new

Canadian man sentenced to death in first instance

Why was this Canadian sentenced to 15 years in the first trial?
Reasons: 1) At the time of the initial trial, according to the evidence at the time, the Canadian was considered to be an accessary criminal and not a principal criminal. According to Chinese law, the accessary criminal is generally sentenced to a lighter punishment.
2) At the time of the 2rd trial, the procuratorate decrypted the contents of his communication equipment: the procuratorate found his chat record with other drug dealers. According to the content of the chat, it is obvious that the Canadian drug dealer is the principal offender rather than accessary criminal. As a witness, his associates also identified the Canadian as a drug trafficking principal.According to Chinese law,the principal criminals of drug crimes are given a heavier punishment.

The results of his associate’s trial:
Jian Xiangrong简祥荣 (sentenced to life imprisonment for the crime of transporting drugs and illegal possession of drugs)

Kem, Steven and the pseudonym "Mr. Zhou" /凯姆、史蒂芬与“周先生”:
(all are wanted criminals)

Mai Qingxiang/麦庆祥( death sentence with a two-year reprieve for the crime of transporting drugs)

According to a report by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) on January 14, local time, Schellenberg was sentenced to two years in prison in Canada for the illegal possession of drugs such as cocaine and heroin for trafficking purposes. His final sentence is 16 months and 12 days.
https://www.guancha.cn/internation/2019_01_15_486936.shtml

This guy is a recidivist.
I'm kind of surpirsed that a lots of people from the west didn't know the resaon why he recived the death stentence in the second trial, this is all over the news in Chinese media and clearly explained.

Indeed that's scary to face justice in a country where your trial is influenced by international events.... that looks more like revenge than an actual and fair trial.. @Nilgiri

When you decided to appeal to higher courts, your sentence can be harsher or softer.
It's a gambling there by him.

I don't know if french people doesn't know the Basic rule of law like that.
Maybe because of that, nowadays paris become a city with full criminals activity in every alley and gangway.

my friends who live in Paris told me, They said even Addis Ababa in Ethiopia is much safer than paris alley nowadays.

@Vergennes no butt hurt okay, only chit chat.

be careful guys when you need to visit that third world city @TaiShang @AndrewJin @rambro

When you decided to appeal to higher courts, your sentence can be harsher or softer.
It's a gambling there by him.

I don't know if french people doesn't know the Basic rule of law like that.
Maybe because of that, nowadays paris become a city with full criminals activity in every alley and gangway.

my friends who live in Paris told me, They said even Addis Ababa in Ethiopia is much safer than paris alley nowadays.

@Vergennes no butt hurt okay, only chit chat.

be careful guys when you need to visit that third world city @TaiShang @AndrewJin @rambro

As always,Chinese (and basically their funboys) diverting the main subject of this thread. This man's nationality and his sentencing aren't a coincidence given the recent events between China and Canada. What led the court to revise the sentence from 15 years (?) to death penalty ? You guessed it. Everyone knows China's justice system isn't impartial,fair and out of political interference.

Rule of law is a real concept in France because the justice system isn't corrupt,it is fair and much more impartial than China's,is independent from politics and I could go on. Nothing to be compared to China's.

As you love diverting threads,Paris has its issues,but in no way to what you described. I could also create "friends" and tell how much China was a shithole just because I got butthurt by a comment on a random forum. If Paris was such a shithole,Chinese people would stop visiting it and above all would stop trying to illegally sneak into our country and cities as the so called "People's Republic of China" is far much better,safer whatever. @Hamartia Antidote

As always,Chinese (and basically their funboys) diverting the main subject of this thread. This man's nationality and his sentencing aren't a coincidence given the recent events between China and Canada. What led the court to revise the sentence from 15 years (?) to death penalty ? You guessed it. Everyone knows China's justice system isn't impartial,fair and out of political interference.

Rule of law is a real concept in France because the justice system isn't corrupt,it is fair and much more impartial than China's,is independent from politics and I could go on. Nothing to be compared to China's.

As you love diverting threads,Paris has its issues,but in no way to what you described. I could also create "friends" and tell how much China was a shithole just because I got butthurt by a comment on a random forum. If Paris was such a shithole,Chinese people would stop visiting it and above all would stop trying to illegally sneak into our country and cities as the so called "People's Republic of China" is far much better,safer whatever. @Hamartia Antidote

The nationality of this drug dealer is only coincidence with recent issues.

That's not revised by same level courts but a decision by higher courts.
I wonder why our african french don't know about this basic rule of law @bbccdd1470

Yeah, Chinese rule is unfair because their higher courts give death sentence to a drug dealer who smuggling 222KGS of Drug.

Maybe China need to follow french Fair and superb rule, to sentence this 222KGS drug smuggling case with 3 days jail :D @Vergennes
No wonder paris is full of criminal activity nowadays, like my friends told me.
I said it's only chit chat, No butthurt please. don't act like a little girl, we are man here.

Last edited:
Evidence is insufficient at first instance, during the second instance, the procuratorate supplemented the prosecution with new criminal facts.
This leads to the aggravation of the penalty at the second instance.

upload_2019-1-16_19-41-58.png

upload_2019-1-16_19-42-36.png

His accomplices are also sentenced to death.

Evidence is insufficient at first instance, during the second instance, the procuratorate supplemented the prosecution with new criminal facts.
This leads to the aggravation of the penalty at the second instance.

Yes, that Basic rule of law in every country.

but according to our frenchy friend here @Vergennes
It's unfair, and Chinese need to punish that drug dealer with 3 days jail according to holy law in frenchy land.

222KGS of drugs, man !

@Daniel808

Actually according to the French law,drug traffickers and dealers (depending on their role and scale ) can be sentenced to up to 30 years in jail. Recently a Briton was sentenced to 22 years in prison in France for drug smuggling. So your point is ?

Yes, that Basic rule of law in every country.

but according to our frenchy friend here @Vergennes
It's unfair, and Chinese need to punish that drug dealer with 3 days jail according to holy law in frenchy land.

222KGS of drugs, man !

Chinese who help him transport drugs is sentenced to life imprisonment.
And this Canadian is chief culprit, understandably, he is sentenced to death.

Chinese who help him transport drugs is sentenced to life imprisonment.
And this Canadian is chief culprit, understandably, he is sentenced to death.

Yes, that's a very Fair law and really understandable to all people who know basic rule of law.
being a chief culprit of 222kgs drug smuggling case to other country, crazy ! it's a VIP ticket to the death.

but according to our frenchy member, Chinese law is not Fair, it's only a Barbaric revenge. What the...

I wonder what is the meaning of law in frenchy land :tsk:
I believe law in China have same meaning in indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Russia, Korea, Japan and many other countries

That is for the US to process and determine....since that is where the crime has been alleged and charges laid. Canadian side only covers the extradition side of the case.

Do not ever mistake what an extradition treaty is and what it covers. You are better than that.

Secondly you have already made up your mind it seems before the merits of the case and evidence is actually brought to a court process. If you were on the jury for the case, you would be replaced 1st thing by the prosecution....if not the judge himself.

What a BS statement.

You seem to mistake what a "right" is, as though countries have the "rights" to ignore their own laws.
Ofcourse no one is telling them to ignore their own laws they have full right to do that
Btw from what I have read of the treaty does it not only covers something that is a crime in both states is it really a crime to defy US sanctions on Iran ?
https://www.rferl.org/a/canada-lifts-most-economic-sanctions-against-iran/27535435.html
The fact that she is being extradited for something that is not a crime in Canada raises eyebrows of those who view it as an extremely political move

Not denying it being political by China however such a move was expected from China I am surprised Canada didn't anticipate that

Relatively Fair for withe and rich men only.
J etais en France moi meme mon pote.
Je vous invite à faire de la contrebande du trafic de drogue en Chine, afin de savoir si le droit pénal chinois en matière de drogue est une blague!
Bonne chance!
Ciao.

Why was this Canadian sentenced to 15 years in the first trial?
Reasons: 1) At the time of the initial trial, according to the evidence at the time, the Canadian was considered to be an accessary criminal and not a principal criminal. According to Chinese law, the accessary criminal is generally sentenced to a lighter punishment.
2) At the time of the 2rd trial, the procuratorate decrypted the contents of his communication equipment: the procuratorate found his chat record with other drug dealers. According to the content of the chat, it is obvious that the Canadian drug dealer is the principal offender rather than accessary criminal. As a witness, his associates also identified the Canadian as a drug trafficking principal.According to Chinese law,the principal criminals of drug crimes are given a heavier punishment.

The results of his associate’s trial:
Jian Xiangrong简祥荣 (sentenced to life imprisonment for the crime of transporting drugs and illegal possession of drugs)

Kem, Steven and the pseudonym "Mr. Zhou" /凯姆、史蒂芬与“周先生”:
(all are wanted criminals)

Mai Qingxiang/麦庆祥( death sentence with a two-year reprieve for the crime of transporting drugs)

According to a report by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) on January 14, local time, Schellenberg was sentenced to two years in prison in Canada for the illegal possession of drugs such as cocaine and heroin for trafficking purposes. His final sentence is 16 months and 12 days.
https://www.guancha.cn/internation/2019_01_15_486936.shtml

This guy is a recidivist.

In 2012, Schellenberg was sentenced to two years in prison in Canada for the illegal possession of drugs such as cocaine and heroin for trafficking purposes. His final sentence is 16 months and 12 days.

How could Schellenberg, as a former convict, have obtained a visa for China? See part 3.3 of the Visa Aplication Form of the P.R.C. (same back in 2012 already), thus putting the fox in the chicken coop, who is to be blamed?

screenshot_2019-01-16-form-v-2013-w020130830801798289342-pdf-png.533254

▲ No Chinese visa for foreign convicts.
:no:
10.gif

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-01-16 Form V 2013 - W020130830801798289342 pdf.png
    Screenshot_2019-01-16 Form V 2013 - W020130830801798289342 pdf.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 204
In 2012, Schellenberg was sentenced to two years in prison in Canada for the illegal possession of drugs such as cocaine and heroin for trafficking purposes. His final sentence is 16 months and 12 days.

How could Schellenberg, as a former convict, have obtained a visa for China? See part 3.3 of the Visa Aplication Form of the P.R.C. (same back in 2012 already), thus putting the fox in the chicken coop, who is to be blamed?

screenshot_2019-01-16-form-v-2013-w020130830801798289342-pdf-png.533254

▲ No Chinese visa for foreign convicts.
:no:
10.gif
That crime and sentence is what CBC said,
and
he may be lied on Visa Application as well
Another crime if you said is true!
You just want to troll,you keep play yourself,he is dead anyway.

I'm kind of surpirsed that a lots of people from the west didn't know the resaon why he recived the death stentence in the second trial, this is all over the news in Chinese media and clearly explained.
Why surprised? All the Canadian mainstream news never mentioned that point. That's how they keep our Canadian population stupid. All they kept mentioning was that it's political, why they revert from 15 years to life and now a good ol Canadian boy is sentenced to death by evil Chinese.

Why surprised? All the Canadian mainstream news never mentioned that point. That's how they keep our Canadian population stupid. All they kept mentioning was that it's political, why they revert from 15 years to life and now a good ol Canadian boy is sentenced to death by evil Chinese.
That is BRAINWASHING.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom