What's new

Canada to buy 65 F-35 for $9 billion

The Convservatives are very pro-US and will not drive a hard bargain for sub-contract jobs in Canada. Opposition parties are not in any form to oppose this deal. So I see this deal going through. I am actually more upset about $1 billion spent on G20 summit.

this government has been a total failure, we were so much better off with the Liberals. Now we have a huge deficits, students have huge loans on their heads and no jobs, more taxes, less services, higher inflation, more idiotic money spending and a whole bunch of problems. I really regret voting for these freaks and wont ever repeat it again. Under them Canada feels like USA's tail, where they go we go and its sad to see that Canadian identity is now only limited to ice hockey.

Last edited:
this government has been a total failure, we were so much better off with the Liberals. Now we have a huge deficits, students have huge loans on their heads and no jobs, more taxes, less services, higher inflation, more idiotic money spending and a whole bunch of problems. I really regret voting for these freaks and wont ever repeat it again. Under them Canada feels like USA's tail, where they go we go and its sad to see that Canadian identity is not only limited to ice hockey.

Toally agree ! Although I voted for Liberal Sikh candidate In Mississauga. Many Indians that I know voted Conservatives since they supported "law and security" stand of Conservatives (translation pro-Israel and anti-Muslim policies; During election time Khadr family was also in the news).

desiman..And i rather leave me chores to someone else if i dont have enough money to buy a broom.

Unprofessional statement, leave chores to russian why india do it herself.
spend mrca money on poor indians will have positive return in long run.
You memory still is bad on NORAD. Read more on NORAD its not dependent on us, NORAD) is a bi-national United States and Canadian organization charged with the missions of aerospace warning and aerospace control for North America. This statement alone is sufficient to explain it to you.
indian economy is 11th while Canada is 10th, PPP is 4th largest and I agree, but you should know Canada spends in those areas where india is not spending, again don't talk about purchase point parity and even if you want to that do for the civilians for the poor people of the indian nation instead ofr armed forces if you start debate that indian spends small % of defense than Canada spend even smaller% therefore Armed Forces of Canada has the right to upgrade.

prototype..don't twist word, i said Canada is committed to Nato, no where did i say All Nato Nations should or must go for F-35.

sorry but your statement in regards to this issue are blinded by your hate for India. Why are you bringing India into this issue in the first place. What has India's MRCA deal got to do with Canada ? seriously stop taking digs at India in every issue. India needs these jets because of the hostile environment it is in, when was the last time Canada was attacked by a sizeable enemy ? Spending $9 billion on F-35 jets using Norad as an excuse does not work with me. We could have just got one more squadron of F-16 or F-18 and that would have been enough. Spending lavishly at a time when gas prices are like gold is nothing but stupid and selfish.

And for your info -

India

GDP (PPP)
- Total $3.862 trillion

GDP (nominal)
- Total $1.367 trillion

Canada

GDP (PPP) 2009 estimate
- Total $1.281 trillion

GDP (nominal) 2009 estimate
- Total $1.336 trillion

good new for LM but why does Canada need to spend $9 billion right now on this ? our economy is in such a bad shape and its getting worse but we still spend huge amounts of money on jets that we really dont need. Who will attack Canada ? useless waste of money, this conservative government is the worst i have seen for a long time. Bring back the liberals. With the H.S.T coming, living here is going to become really tough.

TRUE VERY TRUE

Toally agree ! Although I voted for Liberal Sikh candidate In Mississauga. Many Indians that I know voted Conservatives since they supported "law and security" stand of Conservatives (translation pro-Israel and anti-Muslim policies; During election time Khadr family was also in the news).

yup i have noticed that too that under the Conservative government Canada has got more anti-muslim with much heavier screening at the airports and many more cases of human right violations. Canada has a huge shortage of worthwhile leaders.

And what is the problem if RCAF is going for a new fighter generation for next decade to upgrade their capabilities as i explained after 2.5 decades they're going for it.

I am giving indian example because you are an indian generally india has more poverty than Canada you can give me figures but india truly has problems in all areas while govt is bent on spending irrelevantly and read it again the songs of indian spends less on defense is being compared with Canada so that you've an idea Canada gets smaller portion for Defense Armed Forces.

blinded by your hate for India@desi man
use it again i will report you stop the fanatic approach flamer.

And what is the problem if RCAF is going for a new fighter generation for next decade to upgrade their capabilities as i explained after 2.5 decades they're going for it.

I am giving indian example because you are an indian generally india has more poverty than Canada you can g ive me figures but india truly has problems in all areas while govt is bent on spending irrelevantly and read it again the songs of indian spends less on defense is being compared with Canada so that you've an idea Canada gets smaller portion for Defense Armed Forces.

your still not understanding the main point here, and your again including India into this equation which makes no sense. They are two totally different countries with different geo-political ambitions. If you cant detach India from this debate and if you have to take cheap digs at India all the time then i cannot debate with you.

I am giving indian example because you are an indian generally india has more poverty than Canada you can give me figures but india truly has problems in all areas while govt is bent on spending irrelevantly and read it again the songs of indian spends less on defense is being compared with Canada so that you've an idea Canada gets smaller portion for Defense Armed Forces.

blinded by your hate for India@desi man
use it again i will report you stop the fanatic approach flamer.

Who brought India up in a Canadian focused thread ? me or you ? who started talking about the usual poverty etc etc in a thread about defense spending ? me or you ? report me if you want, no need to warn me.

Who brought India up in a Canadian focused thread ? me or you ? who started talking about the usual poverty etc etc in a thread about defense spending ? me or you ? report me if you want, no need to warn me.

Yes. India should not be discussed in this thread.

Last edited:
And for your info -

India

GDP (PPP)
- Total $3.862 trillion

GDP (nominal)
- Total $1.367 trillion

Canada

GDP (PPP) 2009 estimate
- Total $1.281 trillion

GDP (nominal) 2009 estimate
- Total $1.336 trillion

India has 1.2 billion mouths to feed and Canada has 33 million, so lets not go there because the real static you might want to use would be GDP Per Capita.Lets get back to the topic because i dont know how India is related to the topic.

I 100% echoe with you that this is a very unnecessary expense. Although whatever the Finance Minister might say, the reality is that jobs are slowly starting to dissappear in Canada. People have 0% savings in their bank accounts and are living on pay cheque to pay cheque. Students senior to me graduated this year with more than $40 000 in debt and couldnt find a job upon their graduation. One of my really good friends graduated last year with a GPA of 3.5 from UFT with a degree in BCOM, couldnt find a job and eventually returned back to Pakistan. Landing a white collar job in Canada is becaming increasingly hard, the CSR at my local banks hold Undergrad Degrees from Queens or Western which in my opinion is an insult to them. This purchase does not make any sense, Canada is a peacefull nation and does not face a threat from any side. Besides if their is a threat, i am willing to wager any Dollar that the Americans would intervene from the Canadian side.

India has 1.2 billion mouths to feed and Canada has 33 million, so lets not go there because the real static you might want to use would be GDP Per Capita.Lets get back to the topic because i dont know how India is related to the topic.

I 100% echoe with you that this is a very unnecessary expense. Although whatever the Finance Minister might say, the reality is that jobs are slowly starting to dissappear in Canada. People have 0% savings in their bank accounts and are living on pay cheque to pay cheque. Students senior to me graduated this year with more than $40 000 in debt and couldnt find a job upon their graduation. One of my really good friends graduated last year with a GPA of 3.5 from UFT with a degree in BCOM, couldnt find a job and eventually returned back to Pakistan. Landing a white collar job in Canada is becaming increasingly hard, the CSR at my local banks hold Undergrad Degrees from Queens or Western which in my opinion is an insult to them. This purchase does not make any sense, Canada is a peacefull nation and does not face a threat from any side. Besides if their is a threat, i am willing to wager any Dollar that the Americans would intervene from the Canadian side.

other than the India part i agree with everything else in your post. Canada does not even have 1 real enemy and will not for involve the air force into Afghanistan. This is a total waste, it would have been better if they just threw that money away, atleast we wont have to incur the ongoing cost for the F-35'S.

other than the India part i agree with everything else in your post. Canada does not even have 1 real enemy and will not for involve the air force into Afghanistan. This is a total waste, it would have been better if they just threw that money away, atleast we wont have to incur the ongoing cost for the F-35'S.

Canada need latest planes to keep its air defence stronger in case of Russian attack , why you are not considering Russian threat?

http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/russia/doctrine/0027.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Canada need latest planes to keep its air defence stronger in case of Russian attack , why you are not considering Russian threat?

Russia attacking Canada, with US sitting right below us, common be realistic. Those things only happen in video games. Russia has better things to do that indulge in a useless confrontation with Canada which has never threatened another country.

Russia attacking Canada, with US sitting right below us, common be realistic. Those things only happen in video games. Russia has better things to do that indulge in a useless confrontation with Canada which has never threatened another country.

You mean in case of Russian attack , US air force will be responsible for Canadian Air defence? lolz

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom