What's new

Can today's India compare to China around 15 years ago?

Why bother arguing with them. No amount of internet forum talk will change the ground reality. Do they really think winning an argument online will actually make their country better than it is? How ridiculous
They do think so.

Online indian trains never derail, speed faster than China's CR400.

You sounded uneducated.
If you think China was never ruled by foreign powers then I have nothing to say to you.

Seems like the educated ones have pretty sh** grammar lol. It is fun to see how some of you guys think India was under foreign occupation and at the same time China was the ruler of the world? You are no UK lol. BTW what was opium wars? And what happened to Taiwan? Also welcome to the ignore list!
I liked his grammar, double past tense sound cool.
I like it when we use grammar the way we like, we don't have to follow it like the British slaves needed to.

When your COW COLA effects wear off, please show us when and which foreign power ruled over China.
I hope you don't come up with the Manchu or the Mongols who are part of the Chinese.
Or are you going to say tiny Hong Kong or Macau or Taiwan equates to China?
Unbelievable, coming from one whose all of huge Gangadesh was taken over by just 3000 British soldiers.
Go and cry in Shame now.

I like it when we use grammar the way we like, we don't have to follow it like the British slaves needed to.

When your COW COLA effects wear off, please show us when and which foreign power ruled over China.
I hope you don't come up with the Manchu or the Mongols who are part of the Chinese.
Unbelievable, coming from one whose all of huge Gangadesh was taken over by just 3000 British soldiers.
Go and cry in Shame now.
LMAO, RSSers can do nothing in real life but only bart online with fake narratives.
In real life, they walk on streets full of cow sh*ts and eat worse than North Koreans.

If you think China was never ruled by foreign powers then I have nothing to say to you.

Seems like the educated ones have pretty sh** grammar lol. It is fun to see how some of you guys think India was under foreign occupation and at the same time China was the ruler of the world? You are no UK lol. BTW what was opium wars? And what happened to Taiwan? Also welcome to the ignore list!

Since you know you wrote bullsh*t, ofcourse you can't show us any trustworthy source. It only reflects your sour mentality nothing more.

Go and cry in Shame now.

Your use of Cow and Cola in the same sentence doesnt affect me man. Hong Kong and Taiwan are not China? Okay lol. We were ruled by the British and I am not even disagreeing to that. But I had to tell you guys the truth when you give me the attitude like China was some sort of imperial power.

Anyway lets call truce. You guys dont post insulting comments here and I will, well I never posted any insulting comments anyway.

Go and cry in Shame now.
According to his logic, we also ruled them in the 60s. Haha...

Why bother arguing with them. No amount of internet forum talk will change the ground reality. Do they really think winning an argument online will actually make their country better than it is? How ridiculous

OP is Chinese who started this thread to massage his ego. Yes your economy is bigger. What is the point?

My biggest concern for PDF RSSers here is that, do you have enough money to buy your today's ration?

If not, pls leave me your address of the slum, I can donate some cents to you so that you can eat more than North Koreans.

Your use of Cow and Cola in the same sentence doesnt affect me man. Hong Kong and Taiwan are not China? Okay lol. We were ruled by the British and I am not even disagreeing to that. But I had to tell you guys the truth when you give me the attitude like China was some sort of imperial power.

Anyway lets call truce. You guys dont post insulting comments here and I will, well I never posted any insulting comments anyway.
What you mean by "doesnt affect me man".
I thought you drink it everday for its magical effects, NO?
I can see it affects you A LOT, or else how could you be so DELUDED.
Hong Kong and Taiwan are just tiny parts of China, how deluded you must be to equate it to all of the vast expanse of China.
Still it is not something to be proud of.
But I had to tell you guys the truth when you give me the attitude like China was some sort of imperial power.
Intoxicated as you are with COW COLA, you got this right.
China was NO HEGEMON, and not some sort of Imperial Power that Gangadesh proved to be.
Anyway lets call truce. You guys dont post insulting comments here and I will, well I never posted any insulting
That sounds like WIN WIN.
Problem is Gangadesh keeps stirring up trouble and commit atrocities in Kashmir.
Focus should be to achieve together, the rise of Asia against the hegemonic and imperial Western Powers.
Always remember Indian Kingdoms and China never had conflict for centuries before the evil Powers came stirring the pot.

Hong Kong and Taiwan are just tiny parts of China, how deluded you must be to equate it to all of the vast expanse of China.

China was NO HEGEMON, and not some sort of Imperial Power that Gangadesh proved to be.

Problem is Gangadesh keeps stirring up trouble and commit atrocities in Kashmir.
Focus should be to achieve together, the rise of Asia against the hegemonic and imperial Western Powers.
Always remember Indian Kingdoms and China never had conflict for centuries before the evil Powers came stirring the pot.

Like I said man you using COW and COLA in the same sentence doesnt affect me. I am not an aggressive person and not easily offended. And you are right about the no conflict. I have been friends with Chinese people in the past. Usually they are pretty friendly but over here sigh. I think they act this way to prove how friendly they are with Pakistan?

In reality China is investing $$$$ in India. So much for all the bad behavior on this forum.

Also let us not talk about Kashmir. It is a whole different story.

You're bragging about something which hasn't even happen and speak as if India's system is vastly superior to China's or other countries'. Here's the composite for HDI:

HDI_explained_the_best_way.png

If you're going to match China's HDI with a far lower GNI per capita, your life expectancy and years of schooling must be far superior than China's.

But of the matter of fact is India's life expectancy and years of schooling remains far below China's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_Index

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GNI_(PPP)_per_capita

Which dimension is India near a 0.8 HDI country, let alone all three dimensions?

Brag again when India reaches a HDI of 0.8 or grows 'well over 8%'.

You should look up the reasons for life expectancy and education in India. When it comes to rural areas, both are pretty much non-existent.

The reason our life expectancy is low is because the death rate among our children is very high. About 4 or 5 times higher than it is in the developed world. Most of it is due to the high infant mortality rate. Which is due to lack of healthcare facilities in rural areas. So the govt is working to deliver healthcare to such areas. I have already provided a link for that. So if that's fixed, the IMR will decrease drastically in a very short amount of time.

As for education, same problem. Rural areas do not have schools and the focus on education is very low since there are no better options after you finish school. Regardless, youth literacy in India is very high, well over 90%. It's the old who are dragging India down in this index. Give it 15 years, most of those old people are going to die of old age.

The fact is India is a little over 0.1 points behind China. So I don't know why you are directly trying to compare the two countries. The only points of comparison is that India will maintain extremely high growth or you can say at least the possibility of very high growth from now until all the way to the 2050s when India's population will start declining like China's is today. So India will make the transition from Middle HDI to Very High HDI during this period. Not a single country in the world today has the chance of making such a transition in HDI with either double digit or near double digit growth. All other countries have done it with only 2 or 3% growth, and China will soon be in the same boat by 2025.

Your full electrification is just a plan, and remember how many times you miss your boastful plans? And even these with electricity, how many hours you will have power outages? You don't have to give me your answer, because I see lots lots of complains about it... And China is more than 3 times bigger than geographically, with far more mountainous regions, the difficulty of providing 100% electricity will be 10 times harder than you.
And you are typical of these people thinking that China only has showcase cities, however, even if our rural regions are not as developed, at least majority of our farmers have huge houses, while your rural areas are basically no much different from ours in the 90s.
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/seei...hinese-cities-towns-and-villages-like.524372/
And you don't have to show or talk about the backwardness of those nearly deserted mountain villages in China, because no one is denying the existence of poverty in China, but look at the other side, can you find any random ordinary villages (not the particularly showcasing shinning ones like our Huaxi village) with such level of development in India?
BTW, Our housing area per capita is 40.8 sqm, and take a look at yours:
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...er-than-prison-cells/articleshow/60250531.cms
And about urban population and Hukou, you do count these slum dwellers as urban people, right?
And you beautify your low urbanization rate as "rural based development", and do check which "rural based" country will achieve a 8.0 HDI? But there is a good thing for you: the west organization who give out these HDI figures will always make your numbers look more beautiful than really they are to suit their interests.

*yawn*

You haven't managed to get the gist of my post.

People of 82 only bark, never reason.

You should look up the reasons for life expectancy and education in India. When it comes to rural areas, both are pretty much non-existent.

The reason our life expectancy is low is because the death rate among our children is very high. About 4 or 5 times higher than it is in the developed world. Most of it is due to the high infant mortality rate. Which is due to lack of healthcare facilities in rural areas. So the govt is working to deliver healthcare to such areas. I have already provided a link for that. So if that's fixed, the IMR will decrease drastically in a very short amount of time.

As for education, same problem. Rural areas do not have schools and the focus on education is very low since there are no better options after you finish school. Regardless, youth literacy in India is very high, well over 90%. It's the old who are dragging India down in this index. Give it 15 years, most of those old people are going to die of old age.

The fact is India is a little over 0.1 points behind China. So I don't know why you are directly trying to compare the two countries. The only points of comparison is that India will maintain extremely high growth or you can say at least the possibility of very high growth from now until all the way to the 2050s when India's population will start declining like China's is today. So India will make the transition from Middle HDI to Very High HDI during this period. Not a single country in the world today has the chance of making such a transition in HDI with either double digit or near double digit growth. All other countries have done it with only 2 or 3% growth, and China will soon be in the same boat by 2025.

Look, you can find the reasons why India performs poorly in HDI for all you want, but these are just excuses at the end of the day. Because India is not an exception; there are definitely underlying reasons for every poor country as to why they are poor.

What you're talking about on infant mortality rate or rural education, you mean these aren't applicable to other developing countries like Myanmar or Cambodia? Other countries have no rural areas? Only India can solve it, or is able to solve it far more efficiently?

"Our IMR is high! That's because of the lack of healthcare facilities in the rural areas! Our government is working improve the accessibility of healthcare facilities in these areas!"

Well duh. You're speaking the obvious. Talking about the reasons and solutions is easy, not only India but every country knows the solutions to their problems. But implementing it effectively and showing actual results, that's the difference. If everything is as easy as you speak, there should be no more poor countries left in this world.

And you continue to talk about the 'future' as if it's sure to happen. Very High HDI, double digit growth etc. That's just plain bragging or wilful ignorance. Tell me again when it happens.

Back
Top Bottom