What's new

Can Pakistan produce 4th generation JET ENGINE

I doubt that designing is an option but production of the engine designed by China could be possible. The major question is whether it is economical? Hardly. China is reliable and we have not the scale to go for manufacturing of the whole engine. Maybe pats of it but even then why misusing expensive engineering capabilities...

I hope that Pakistan be looking into buiding his own jet engine..in very near future...:woot:

first of all Pakistan should think of manufracturing jet engines under TOT and this experience will help them to develop their own engines. Best is to ask China for tot for WS-10 for its J10

Yeah!
We've invented a new shape shifting technology, now Tejas can convert into Il-76 in the blink of an eye. :hitwall:

WoW

Hindu mythology now finds way into Hindu Technology !

scene from Ramayan ....

All we need now, is Rajnikant to finance and star in this movie.

Once Pakistan produces the chinese engine under licence, it will achieve the essential aim of self-reliance, and embargo proof. Everything of that aircraft is produced in-country.

Licence production is the first step to designing and producing your own.

WoW

Hindu mythology now finds way into Hindu Technology !

scene from Ramayan ....

All we need now, is Rajnikant to finance and star in this movie.

Well well well.... All You need to do is bring in some religion to Project your motives , well lets see how many try to brook it...

Once Pakistan produces the chinese engine under licence, it will achieve the essential aim of self-reliance, and embargo proof. Everything of that aircraft is produced in-country.

Licence production is the first step to designing and producing your own.

If that was the case almost every country on this planet would have Had a Jet Engine of there own by now...

I agree with our indian , counter parts Engine Technology is needed , not just purchasing engines, being able to produce at least 2-3 engines is a must for national security

Holding copyright or licensed production is one thing and making an indigenous jet engine from scratch is different. Its high time for them to invest in one such project since they've gained quite a bit of experience in JFT project.
And making a jet engine is a time consuming and tedious task, it will be fruitful for them in the near future. :tup:

i guess we'd rather not go the same route india went, as you said making a jet engine is a time and resource consuming task so might as well have ToT or some kind of joint venture!

Jet engine is the heart of industrial ability. There are less countries can produce engine than the countries have aircraft carrier.

look guys, designing and producing engine is not a child's play. All the big names in the industry i.e. GE,P&W,Snecma, EJ,S Lyka. They are all producing and designing engines for many decades. And most importantly, they have specialized in this field by investing huge chunks of money. Continuous improvement needs a lot of money going consistently into R&D. Not to mention the need for Human Resource base. PAC is already busy with a lot of things, adding engine production and design is currently not rational as PAC is walking the learning highway. May be after a decade or so, when we are enough confident that we have mastered the aircraft production and design, we may decide to venture an engine production for an upcoming project. It would also be wiser at a later point when engine industry in China will be much more matured than now. We can have a ski jump with the help of our Chinese brothers. But lets save the precious money for the time being and put it into more priority sectors.

ToT is not the same as producing your own engine. Indigenous production means you get to deicde how the engine is going to be while other countries only have vague ideas about the capabilities. This gives an edge over buying or getting ToT from abroad.

Well, Pakistan is also the rightful co-owner of the WS-13 engine, so i don't think it needs the liscence to produce it.

i think i posted a response earlier to this thread but it is deleted somehow,, anyhow let me put it once again..

for making a jet enginge u need some experoience in various fields and the mettalurgy of these is onethinb on its own and having that u need efficient way to use it ,, as far as engine construction is concerned pakistan cannpot make a simple 4 stroke gasoline engine let alone a jet engine ,, that too for a jet fighter and above all for a modern jet fighter,, so for the time being lets conetate on making the first pakistani made 70cc 4 streoke bike engine let alone a jet engine,,

Back
Top Bottom