What's new

Can Pakistan produce 4th generation JET ENGINE

i think i posted a response earlier to this thread but it is deleted somehow,, anyhow let me put it once again..

for making a jet enginge u need some experoience in various fields and the mettalurgy of these is onethinb on its own and having that u need efficient way to use it ,, as far as engine construction is concerned pakistan cannpot make a simple 4 stroke gasoline engine let alone a jet engine ,, that too for a jet fighter and above all for a modern jet fighter,, so for the time being lets conetate on making the first pakistani made 70cc 4 streoke bike engine let alone a jet engine,,

There are many reasons for that
1- Lack on innovative drive in local enterprenures . (CD-70 is the same that we are witnessing from early 90s)
2- Monopolistic Market Structure. (Honda, Yamaha ruled the market before China assembled bikes entered the market, same is for automobile industry, look at Mehran, it still sux as it used to be in 80s or 90s)
However, Military development has been mainly driven because still military research organizations hire the best resource available. (My cusion jokingly said that in PIEAS one has to study even when he is in washroom) so it should be no wonder why the progress of Pakistan military has been impressive while the industry in general, has not

I hope that Pakistan be looking into buiding his own jet engine..in very near future...:woot:

khurasaan1 good morning.I think it would be very difficult for Pakistan to produce a 4th gen Jet engine.At present there needs to be a good industrial base,R&D to build somethng like this.morever the economy needs to be stable as investment in an engine program could be in billions of dollars.why not take help from China or do a JV? if pak can make fighter jets with chinese partnership why nt engines.just do the same as India did for Kaveri that is a DRDO-Snecma JV.DO a jv with china it will help.thanks.

Weird this thread is still ongoing..
Why would pakistan want to produce a large jet engine in the first place??
what is the market??
The JF's alternate engine will be the Chinese option.
what else??
The J-10 has a Chinese alternative..
Who else??

Santro,

So why don't you be kind to it and put an end to the misery---shut it down. Thank you kindly.

If that was the case almost every country on this planet would have Had a Jet Engine of there own by now...

'Every country' in the world does not face the threat of an embargo like Pakistan does?

khurasaan1 good morning.I think it would be very difficult for Pakistan to produce a 4th gen Jet engine.At present there needs to be a good industrial base,R&D to build somethng like this.morever the economy needs to be stable as investment in an engine program could be in billions of dollars.why not take help from China or do a JV? if pak can make fighter jets with chinese partnership why nt engines.just do the same as India did for Kaveri that is a DRDO-Snecma JV.DO a jv with china it will help.thanks.

Yes! most probably it will be a JV and then individual one....based on its own R&D as well...doesn't matter for billions in investment...we got so many resources for that...:coffee:

Back
Top Bottom