What's new

Can India’s Kaveri engine beat reliable F404-GE-IN20 engine to Power Tejas MK-1A ??

I think GE or P&W is not interested in giving any help to the GTRE, thus making another competitor, as far as Sarfan of French is concerned, the GTRE had taken consultancy help from the Scnerma for the wt. reduction process of the Kabini in the past, and French have already studdied the Kaveri engine. And why do you think French are lagging in Engine, we are talking about F-404 type of engine around 100 KN, and not heavy engines like >135 KN

It is a variable cycle engine...That is why I thought it would be better to take the help of GE. As they have a working model already.

French when entered MRCA bids with there semi prepared Rafale in 2007 they clearly knew what the terms and conditions for this deal are but when they were awarded contract in 2012 Feb 1st they started going back from many terms and conditions and as a result the deal is not signed till now

what is they guarantee they will not go back on this kaveri engine issue by later saying this can be fixed by snecma M88 from us with power upto 100-110KN. french certainly have state of art weapon system but there deals are over costly and fraught with uncertainity

It is a variable cycle engine...That is why I thought it would be better to take the help of GE. As they have a working model already.

Don't worry there would be no help from any OEM in the world more than consultancy in some subsystem.
GTRE is fully capbale of completing the Kaveri.

image.jpeg
The same question back at you. name one thing in modern military that is INVENTED by Chinese?. Well look at all your military hardware even after super duper copying still no where near the original.

Either you guys are crappy or u guys suck too... :sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic:

As far as I remember kaveri was gonna be used for little shakti not tejas

As far as I remember kaveri was gonna be used for little shakti not tejas

Oce turbine tech is developed the applications are easy and diverse

a) Laghu Shakti for drone
b) KMGT for ships- this is probably definitely gonna happen, the Navy is very happy with performance till now
c) Kaveri for LCA and AMCA

Just a fact.

The amount being mention here is 3.3 Times the amount India has spent on developing Kaveri till now.

Yup we all saw your missile system when North korea tested them. They had to calm down and say well after all it was 'Made in China'.:sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic:

Without external help, India won't have a usable indigenous aero~engine for 30 years.

With external help and in a big way, India might have something usable in 15 years.

look whose talking you guys don't even a usable engine maybe you guys will have after 25 years :enjoy:

i feel the kaveri has to much bad press to it.
i think they will be a successor the it and it would be based of the m88. india would build the engine but the french would retain control of the critical tech. so it would be a like morphed version of the m88 which is in range of the f404 but india will build a lot of engine. like what the koreans are doing with the 404 for the golden eagle and the 414 for the kfx later on.
one thing i would like to make clear is that the french will never give india the ability to build engines independantly. heck the russains did not even give the tech to china so what chance does india have with france. you have to play clever. which country can build engines but is in deep sh!t?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom