What's new

Can India GDP hit 7.3 Trillion$ in 2022?????

No worries. I bet India's nominal GDP could reach at least US$15 trillions by 2022. It's easy-peasy. :)

so when sis i deny ?

But tell me how can u calculate nominal GDP without knowing PPP GDP. Even your chinese niminal GDP is calculated after calculating PPP GDP. then you guys calculate (p/e) to get nominal.

You simply cant directly calculate nominal GDP. not possible

I know that at PPP China (GDP) will even bigger, and didn't deny PPP GDP, but PPP Unstable,Not comparable and Complexity, only one special index, but you can't campare PPP between countries;
and more ,PPP become a weapon of developed countries,

one hand someone tell you"your salary is 200$/month, my salary is 4000$/month, they are ==in PPP", but the earth is globalization, you never have the same life level with 200$ cmp with others at 4000$, he can buy 10 Iphone 5, nerely half a car, 10 motobikes, you can'tbuy half a Iphone; to down the price from developing countries
the other hand to criticize you when they want for your "lower" exchange rate, for your PPP>real

in 2002, China GDP 1.6trillion$(10 trillion RMB), ten years later, China GDP hit 7.3trillion$(47trllion RMB) in 2011;
now India is at the same place with 2002's China, can India GDP hit 7.3 trillion$ in 2022????
yes or no???

Yes!
It's possible.

in 2002, China GDP 1.6trillion$(10 trillion RMB), ten years later, China GDP hit 7.3trillion$(47trllion RMB) in 2011;
now India is at the same place with 2002's China, can India GDP hit 7.3 trillion$ in 2022????
yes or no???

The figures below are the GDP Purchasing power parity, i guess the figures you have above are the nominal GDP....

Anyway, lets go with your numbers:
The GDP Growth in the last 10 years for China is 173%, where as India's GDP growth is 108 %....

Assuming the same growth for the next 10 years:

China's GDP would be: 20 trillion$
India's GDP would be: 3.33 trillion$

unless you consider the GDP-PPP, in that case, the answer would be yes... it is already half way there

i watched a BBC documentary “india on four wheels” this afternoon and shocked by the infrastructure and the poor ,especially the childern scavengers.i think it is a long way to hit 7.3T$.there are many things to do....i wonder why the government do not provide education to the poor children?children are future of a country

i watched a BBC documentary “india on four wheels” this afternoon and shocked by the infrastructure and the poor ,especially the childern scavengers.i think it is a long way to hit 7.3T$.there are many things to do....i wonder why the government do not provide education to the poor children?children are future of a country

Who is saying India is richest country in the world.....If I show some selected scene then even China will look same....if you dont see dreams you can achieve them...

Who is saying India is richest country in the world.....If I show some selected scene then even China will look same....if you dont see dreams you can achieve them...

no no no...i'm not trying to ignore the good aspects,the car industry ,the IT industry.....but these do not 'shock' me,understand? if you think they are 'selected',most of the documentary are talking about the booming of indian econmy.are they 'selected'?

We can but this selfish government has to go.

A government that distributes the good effects of a reform blitz over a period of years rather than suddenly after 10 years of blatant corruption and sleeping, is the need of the hour.

We will need a government that is NOT a coalition government and with strong majority in the parliament.

Only then reforms and regulations can be passed.

You forgot to include Inflation
Net GDP growth= Real Growth+Inflation

if
India GDP at 10%(6% Inflation) increase every year at the coming 10 years, India GDP will be 220trillion Rs(4trillion $) (7.94 Tn $)in 2022,
India GDP at 7% (6% Inflation)increase every year at the coming 10 years, India GDP will be 169trillion Rs(3.18trillion $)(6.1Tn $ Tn) in 2022,
others depend on the exchange rate

Yeah, with the fast growth in India, I find this a reasonable forecast

It will hit by GDP (PPP). By 2022, we shoudl be somewhere around the 8-9 trillion mark by the PPP figures, which is what matters.

By Nominal GDP we should be around 3-4 trillion I guess.

It will hit by GDP (PPP). By 2022, we shoudl be somewhere around the 8-9 trillion mark by the PPP figures, which is what matters.

By Nominal GDP we should be around 3-4 trillion I guess.

Depends on the growth rates . If you look at India's performance over the last decade .We have doubled our GDP every 5 years .

From 500 billion in 2002 to 1 trillion in 2007 and now to 2 trillion which we are expected to hit in 2012 .This is despite the slowdown in Indian economy in the last 3 years.

Anything can happen .

yes or no???

India's GDP was 1.84 trillion in 2011 , we are expected to hit 2 trillion this year or at least come very close .

Depends on the growth rates . If you look at India's performance over the last decade .We have doubled our GDP every 5 years .

From 500 billion in 2002 to 1 trillion in 2007 and now to 2 trillion which we are expected to hit in 2012 .This is despite the slowdown in Indian economy in the last 3 years.

Anything can happen .

Good point, now i think we will add $ 1 trillion every 3 years, so if we reach $ 2 trillion economy in 2012-13 financial year, than in next 10 years time we can add $ 4 trillion dollars if not more, so i guess by 2022, Indian GDP would be somewhere around $6-$7 trillion, i think we will get close to that figure of $ 7.3 trillion. But political stability along with economy booster steps will be in dire need so that our average GDP growth rate remains at 7% for next decade.

Back
Top Bottom