What's new

Can India be a great power?

To be a superpower. Some simple criteria are:
1) No. 1 economy
2) No. 1 military power
3) No. 1 in softpower
4) No. 1 in technology

India can qualify when some of the indicator approach this criteria.

True. It usually goes with something like that. But true #1 "creteria" would be: A will to dominate above all. Do you think India is going to ever develop that? No. :smokin:

USSR didn't have it, strong and forbidable and powerful, only made a spectacular failure in the end. :azn:

1) No. 1 economy
2) No. 1 military power
3) No. 1 in softpower
4) No. 1 in technology

I think the Key point is we are moving in the Right direction.

India is only going up, Only to be shadowed by the US and China.

True. It usually goes with something like that. But true #1 "creteria" would be: A will to dominate above all. Do you think India is going to ever develop that? No. :smokin:

USSR didn't have it, strong and forbidable and powerful, only made a spectacular failure in the end. :azn:

I did not expect you to be so happy about your communist neighbors collapse.

But As Mao once said, China must be the no.1 communist state.
And here we are today. I doubt this is his idea of Communism. With all the capitalism going on. But you did as he wised i suppose.

I did not expect you to be so happy about your communist neighbors collapse.

But As Mao once said, China must be the no.1 communist state.
And here we are today. I doubt this is his idea of Communism. With all the capitalism going on. But you did as he wised i suppose.

huh???????????

And also another huh???
We are not shadowing India as you wish by "string of pearls".

Well, don't blame Pandora since it's Pandora who closed the box for you, you are responsible to have openned it. Your response? Is it going to be: huh??

huh???????????

And also another huh???

Well, don't blame Pandora since it's Pandora who closed the box for you, you are responsible to have openned it. Your response? Is it going to be: huh??

Well i can clearly see you were more than confused about my statement.
Especially since you bought India into the Conversation.

I was merely commenting on the comments you made of the Fall of the USSR.

I found it odd, U found the fall of the soviet union so amusing. Considering your communist ties.

So i suggested this attitude may be due to, Mao dream of establishing CHina as the No.1 Communist nation.:coffee:

But one thing that baffles me is i have no idea what your on about in your reply :what:

Last edited:
huh???????????

And also another huh???

Are you still around... Not banned yet?

huh!! The flag right. Khoob nibha rate Hain dosti.

Are you still around... Not banned yet?

huh!! The flag right. Khoob nibha rate Hain dosti.

I understand all right before you've said your last words. :rofl:
Care to say what language it is so that I can get a translator. :cheers:

A super power only knows it becomes a super power when he saw the current one is de-seated. Now you are telling me there is another way to "know" it. Now I wonder what Americans had been busily predicting pre London's defeat.

if you have enough time to read my post and understand what is being meant, you might have reconsidered to reply like this....no where in my post i had mentioned that india is now a super power and what i had mentioned was it is going to be...

if you have enough time to read my post and understand what is being meant, you might have reconsidered to reply like this....no where in my post i had mentioned that india is now a super power and what i had mentioned was it is going to be...

I did read your post. Yes you are not. And you will never be. You lack the quality of my creteria #1, if you have enough time to read my post. It's only a movie, in reality, Megatron beats Optimus Prime. If you like to be fed with that stuff, take all to your hearts content.

Trust the force.

How exactly?

Do yo remember Akmal Shaikh's case?

Akmal Shaikh is British drug trifficker of Pakistani origin. (Not offend to fellow Pakistani friendly members, Akmal Shaikh is considered as Briton rather than Pakistani according to viewpoint of Chinese court)

He was accused of trifficking 4kg of herion to Xinjiang, China in 2007. He was arrested when he immigrated. He claims that he is mental disordered and a Polish drug exploit him to do criminals. He was sentenced to capital punishment and executed in 29-Dec-2009.

Before execution of Akmal Shaikh, Britain turned high profile on this case and claim that Chinese judiciary system is injustice! (I tell you that, even there is tension among Uyghur, Han Chinese and CCP, most Uyghur support this decision because Uyghur is drug-stricken group in Xinjiang.)

They claimed Akmal Shaikh should have clemency but China rejected it. Final, Akmal Shaikh is executed on time!

Britishman are so navie, they think that they are still superpower and they should have extraterritorial rights in China. However, China is not China 100 years ago, UK is also not UK 100 years ago.

UK is falling, all UK members here must accept this reality! :chilli:

And UK falling is irrerversible! :china::pakistan::sniper::usflag:

not even in dreams china is in a way of india and pakistan will never allow india to be power

Believe India was,is and remain great power.
Act like the citizens of great power does.
Take an oath to do atleast one good deed in 2010.(it can be anything. i.e. do not break traffic signals etc.)

At the end of 2010, we will be one step closer to be 'great Nation'.

Jai Hind.
2377c1c93266427552d6e25122353700.gif

Splendid! A great nation with traffic signals.
Is it electrified or operated by human power by the way?

1) No. 1 economy
2) No. 1 military power
3) No. 1 in softpower
4) No. 1 in technology

i agree fully with you that is why i ahd mentioned that india is heading for..... to remind you one thing ,all the criteria you had mentioned might not fit for the future super power.. because in future the US, china and india are going to be the dominant players.. we cant stop calling them as super powers because either one of them would be strong in any of the criteria you have mentioned..

one more thing i would like to clear here is many of think that super power means, it should be one nation, in my opinion a strong no... in late 20th century there were two super powers the US and soviet union...correct me if i am wrong

There are Big 4, (may be Big 5) in the World

USA, Russia, China, India, (Brazil)

No UK

No Germany

No France

No Small Jap

Are you joking, mate?

Japan, Germany, France, the UK and Russia dwarf India in every field: economy, technology, military and soft power !

Japan are Germany are probably 100 years ahead of India in technology!

Which one of above will lose to India in a war? Or in techonology or in world-wide influence? NONE!

For God's sake, India can hardly compare with S Korea (46 million population). If North and South Korea united one day, the Korea as a whole would definitely beat India in most fields - economy, technology AND millitary.

Currently India is indeed even behind Brazil (with population of 190 million, less than 1/6 of India's)!

On softpower, can bollywood be remotely close to Brazilian Samba?

Not to mention Canada and Australia. India only slightly surpassed these two in overall GDP size, considering either Canada or Australia having tiny population ( about 20 million, 1/60 of that of India). If CA and AUS absorb some millions of new immigrants from China, Europe, the UK, etc. in the future ( easily, given they have huge lands), they would get on top of India again.

The thread's leading article is right!

Make no mistake, India would be very lucky to be within the top 10 in the foreseeable future!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom