What's new

Can India be a great power?

Great Power is not a day dream for us we are on the way to achieve that mate

:partay:

Last edited:
e3dd49fe62a0bcda742cbe0c54ca41cd._.gif

By the above statistics you can see the overall development in decline of poverty and the increase in the literacy rate :cheers:

Great Power is not a day dream for us we are on the way to achieve that mate

58be3baa20f3cc5f03d3a63f5eb8707a.jpg

:partay:

Those are great statistics, but we have a long way to. Remember we started out pretty low, so the growth looks phenomenal. Plus its an internal analysis not a comparative one. A look at the figures of countries that were like us in 1940s will throw up an interesting picture. Most of the ASEAN countries with the exception of a few started out even lower but have surpassed us 20 years ago.

Moreover, in absolute terms, those are still huge populations. 15% not having access to clean water translates to about 180 million. Do you think that's a small number?

I am not trying to dampen anybody's spirits. True we have come a long way in the past 6o years. But a lot needs to be done. Just need to avoid this superpower crap, get our heads down and keep working at it.

As I read somewhere a few days back-"A country's superpower dreams are like a **** movie. The soldier on the screen has a hard on, the middle classes watch in excitement while the lower classes get screwed. The upper classes? They made the movie dude!"

I am not a commie, but that somewhat sums up what we face.

any country can be great super power even pakistan , nepal , BD also
but that requried lots of great work and a moto to become super power

it is true now INDIA is one of the main power in the world

pakistan always has the same arguement everytime they relate india and the US--which is as follows---- "americans tricked us(pakistan) and are responsible for its(pakistans) condition that it is in today. india will also end up the same if it befriends the US"

its a pity that they never come to terms- that they are the ones responsible for their condition . well for the knowledge of all pakistani's who believe that india's friendship will be similar on the lines of pakistan with the US --you are wrong and we are unique in the world to have friends on both sides (US and Russia).and we dont have to suck up to the US because

we had developed our economy before our friendship with the US bloomed . so even without the friendship of the us we would have still done good,we may not have got the nuke deal but am sure you guys know that we were getting reactors from russia even before the nuke deal........oue friendship with US is not because we went looking for friendship it was our economy that attracted the US towards india (unlike pakistan which looked at the US as a friend for only one motive--to somehow defeat india in a war...)

and again here is the view of a us analyst which was posted here earlier--on why india and pakistan are different.

on pakistan:

Despite all the preferential treatment it(pakistan) received from the US all these years, he asked: why the Pakistani elite hates the US.

"It hates it (the US) because it is dependent on it and is still being bought by it. It is a dislike that is also a form of self-hatred of the sort that often develops between client states and their paymasters. (You can often sense the same resentment in the Egyptian establishment, and sometimes among Israeli rightwingers, as well),'' Hitchens wrote.

"By way of overcompensation for their abject status as recipients of the American dole, such groups often make a big deal of flourishing their few remaining rags of pride. The safest outlet for this in the Pakistani case is an official culture that makes pious noises about Islamic solidarity while keeping the other hand extended for the next subsidy.

"Pakistani military officers now strike attitudes in public as if they were defending their national independence rather than trying to prolong their rule as a caste and to extend it across the border of their luckless Afghan neighbour,'' said Hitchens who is a columnist for Vogue and Slate.

Calling it a sick relationship which is becoming "dangerously'' diseased, he it is not possible to "found a working, trusting, fighting alliance on such a basis.

"Under communism, the factory workers of Eastern Europe had a joke: 'We pretend to work, and they pretend to pay us.' The Pakistanis don't even pretend that their main military thrust is directed against the common foe, but we do continue to pay them. If we only knew it, the true humiliation and indignity is ours, not theirs.''

"Who can blame them (the Pakistani army) for basing their plans on this supposition and continuing to dig in for a war with India that we are helping them to prepare for?" the US columnist asked.
[/URL]

This relationship will only "get nastier, more corrupt and degrading until we recognize that our long-term ally in Asia is India,'' he said.

on INDIA:

"India,'' Hitchens said, "is not a country sizzling with self-pity and self-loathing, because it was never one of our colonies or clients. We don't have to send New Delhi 15 different envoys a month, partly to placate and partly to hector, because the relationship with India isn't based on hysteria and envy.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/42293-embrace-india-not-pakistan-says-us-columnist.html

No offences to anyone but its just what I think.

India has the ability and skills required to be a great nation. The talent of Indo-Pak is near to perfect. Since its a discussion about India being a strong and great nation and power, I'll not introduce or compare Pakistan here.

The abilities, devotion, skills, talent, har work and international exposure can make collectively (Plus a couple of more things) India a great nation. By size, India is a great country, as a nation and power development is needed.

But as long as India, or some policy makers of Indian governemnt, think that they are superior to all around and can get'em when and where they want, I believe its impossible for India to be a great power.

KIT Out

I agree with you, bottom line is Pakistan has to get it to talk to her.
Its completely in Pakistan's interest to get India to talk. Present Indian govt is happy with the stalemate, they would want to touch it.
Remember India is a Market economy.. (Material interest are bigger here).
For Cong govt today Bihar elections are more important then talking to Pakistan.

Brothers

I wanna see that all people get proper three meal a day and then a superpower.... by the population we are superpower no doubt about it.
Have you heard what Sharad Pawar said since India is growing and the people buying power are growing thats the reason for price hike....

Please comment

No offences to anyone but its just what I think.

India has the ability and skills required to be a great nation. The talent of Indo-Pak is near to perfect. Since its a discussion about India being a strong and great nation and power, I'll not introduce or compare Pakistan here.

The abilities, devotion, skills, talent, har work and international exposure can make collectively (Plus a couple of more things) India a great nation. By size, India is a great country, as a nation and power development is needed.

But as long as India, or some policy makers of Indian governemnt, think that they are superior to all around and can get'em when and where they want, I believe its impossible for India to be a great power.

KIT Out

being a guest in this forum for over a year and half and became a member very recently and of all the posts that i have read posted by ppl across the border this is a pretty good one............ honestly :angel::angel::angel:....................... and more over from indian point of view in our defense there are some in significant politicians and their party do it but not the higher ups............. and the policy makers and the ppl who lead the country ............ regarding the prime ministers who have served this country i believe Mr Manmohan singh is the best and most of all he was the EX RBI governor and a economist ........... no offense and i dont represent any political party :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

in heart of every indian

but you cant understand

my all life is for my country

dil main basta hai hindustan

jai hind

Back
Top Bottom