What's new

Can any one answer this question by TTP supporters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
..its better that pakistan is disarmed from nukes, for sake of world's peace.

its better that Afghans are disarmed and denied to grow poppies for their own sake and the sake of the entire world.

Dear Aeronaut,

If you really believe that the TTP is being supported by the U.S. then you are seriously mistaken.
We’ve come to a point where we shouldn’t have any doubts regarding their deadly agenda in the region. They are only focused on achieving their deadly objectives in the region, and see our nations as a common threat to their mission. Furthermore, they’ve made their evil stance clear on several occasions. This is what their spokesman said after the attack on the U.S. convoy in Peshawar in 2011: "The diplomatic staff of all NATO countries are our targets. We will continue such attacks. Pakistan is our first target, and America is our second." This is what the TTP spokesman told the media after the Boston Marathon explosions: “We believe in attacking US and its allies but we are not involved in this attack. We have no connection to this bombing but we will continue to target them wherever possible.”

I hope you are able to see that we face a common threat in the region, and the facts simply allow us to separate truth from conspiracy theories.

Ali Khan
DET, United States Central Command

Our enemy might be common but our goals..........???

:azn: :azn: :azn: :azn:

The TTP is not directly affiliated with the Afghan Taliban movement led by Mullah Omar, with both groups differing greatly in their histories, strategic goals and interests although they both share a primarily Deobandi interpretation of Islam

Mullah Omar's movement is by and large consisting of ethnic Pashtuns of Afghanistan; some with direct tribal affiliations across the Durand Line.

TTP consists of Pashtuns but also foreign jeehadi elements (from Chechna/Dagestan, Morrocco, Egypt, Algeria, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait; even Uyghurs from China)....they have a global expansionist agenda whereas Afghan taleban (which calls itself Islamic Emirate Govt of Afghanistan) is purely an Afghan movement.

the 2 do have some merging interests and undoubtedly they do have ways to get in contact with eachother

definitely worth reading:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/23/world/asia/23taliban.html?_r=0

Dear agreed with your post except highlighted part..........dear I believe quoting sect or sub sect (school of thought) of any muslim will lead as further way from meaningful discussion........because in this way we have to argue about that sect and their set of beliefs....which will off course create further rift in national fabric.........we should avoid it.....hope you will reconsider........

Dear forum members Asalamu Alaikum,

Recently i visited one of the forums of TTP supporters where i had a long conversation and argument with TTP supporters and sympathisers regarding TTP's operations inside Pakistan. I challenged them on a number of issues ranging from shia killings to the recent tourist killings in Northern Areas.

Cutting the long story short i basically teased them on the point that Afghan taliban and TTP are not same and are different organizations. I further teased them by saying that after the withdrawl of US/NATO forces from Afghanistan Afghan taliban would take them on and flush them out of Afghanistan but i have to admit that they really left me speechless on this issue.

What they said was that Afghan taliban and TTP were definitely same organisations with similar aims and objectives and anything contrary to this fact was pure ISI propaganda. The basic question they asked me regarding this was that if Afghan taliban and TTP were two different and distinct entities why didn't Mulla Omar Mujahid ever publicly disassociate himself and his movement from the TTP despite the fact that TTP openly uses the name of Taliban for itself and calls Mulla Omar as their ultimate leader and Ameerul Momineen. Moreover why didn't Mulla Omar or any high ranking Afghan taliban official ever denounce and condemn the TTP operations in Pakistan? Leave that why didn't Afghan taliban ever even made a simple press release or any pamphlet condemning TTP or disassociating itself from TTP?

These were very critical questions they had put before me and i simply had no satisfactory answer to these questions. I would be glad if any one else can give a satisfactory reply to these questions of TTP supporters but it should based on facts and serious and rational argument and not some nonsense Lal Topi garbage.

Below news story to a large extend clears its up that both are different organizations and that both have different objectives and aims.

Taliban 'court' stays TTP spokesman's sacking - DAWN.COM

If Mullah Omar is for now letting TTP use his name, its for a reason and its clear in the news item.

Let the Americans go and then you will see the dynamics changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom