What's new

Can Agni-5 be MIRV?

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Below is a picture of Agni-5. Now we know that agni-5 declared diameter is 2 meters?
Using gimp and comparing ratios while assuming that the widest part is 200 cm. The various portions of nose cone come out as follows. So the payload area has a Dia of either 150 Cm or 110 Cm. Below that is the Reentry vehicle and various systems.
Can multiple warheads be fitted in that Dia?
agni.jpg

Here is the original pic i used,in case you want to analyze it on your own.

maxresdefault.jpg

Below is a picture of Agni-5. Now we know that agni-5 declared diameter is 2 meters?
Using gimp and comparing ratios while assuming that the widest part is 200 cm. The various portions of nose cone come out as follows. So the payload area has a Dia of either 150 Cm or 110 Cm. Below that is the Reentry vehicle and various systems.
View attachment 270017

Here is the original pic i used,in case you want to analyze it on your own.

maxresdefault.jpg
agni-V is designed to be a MIRV missile they are not saying it but every one who is in this buisness knows this fact :coffee:

agni-V is designed to be a MIRV missile they are not saying it but every one who is in this buisness knows this fact :coffee:
Forget the business,look at the dimensions and find a nearest example?
Is there any other example where a missile with warhead dia of 150cm or 110 cam been MIRV?

Forget the business,look at the dimensions and find a nearest example?
Is there any other example where a missile with warhead dia of 150cm or 110 cam been MIRV?
yes there many such exampels are but nobody tells them in public domain but if you do proper research you can find pleny of material online .... cheers mate :coffee:

Hi dear @shaheenmissile
Ummmm,for those who dont know,let me write it here in no uncertain terms that the topic of "nuclear warheads" is very very secretive in india- not even engineers working on K-4 or A-5 know the exact specifications.In board meetings everyone except the top ranks in SFC and heads of DRDL/RCI are expected to leave the room when they discuss things like trigger,warheads etc.So any academic exercise to determine the "size" of the warhead can at best be described as "speculative"! because here you'd take american systems as "reference" -one that has already been published in public domain.
Now coming to the question of MIRV,A-5 wasnt designed to be a MIRV missile,I am not saying it is not possible to accommodate two warheads in the nose,but that is very very challenging.THe "throw weight" of A-5 isnt large enough to allow 3-6 MIRVs.and that is precisely the reason why A-6 comes into picture.A-6 is nothing but a "HIGHLY OPTIMIZED" A-5 with significant improvements in almost every front ranging from metallurgy,composites,solid fuel,GNC. This would enable A-6 to have a significantly larger throw weight of massive 3 tonnes and thus 6 MIRVs!Now ,what i am discussing here has already been released by generous DRDO in their various seminars- you can check out their recent publications to ascertain the efficacy of this information!

yes there many such exampels are but nobody tells them in public domain but if you do proper research you can find pleny of material online

There is plenty of research online but nobody tells them in public domain. What impeccable logic!!

There are claims of MIRV being developed, its current status is neither denied nor confirmed.

There is plenty of research online but nobody tells them in public domain. What impeccable logic!!

There are claims of MIRV being developed, its current status is neither denied nor confirmed.
On a missile of this size ,a non elliptical nose cone cannot house MIRV. All MIRV missiles have an elliptical non triangular nose cone?
This "Logic" also stands true for our Shaheen 2 and Shaheen 3 missiles.

On a missile of this size ,a non elliptical nose cone cannot house MIRV. All MIRV missiles have an elliptical non triangular nose cone?
and what makes you think indians have not been working on diffrent designs for nose cones for Agni-V or agni series or do you think DRDO /MOD guys will tell you about that :azn:

but its the third time i see you asking very specific questions regarding sensetive stuff .... chakkar kya hai janab .... kahin aap ISI ke field agent to nahi ho :o: :sarcastic:

and what makes you think indians have not been working on diffrent designs for nose cones for Agni-V or agni series or do you think DRDO /MOD guys will tell you about that :azn:

but its the third time i see you asking very specific questions regarding sensetive stuff .... chakkar kya hai janab .... kahin aap ISI ke field agent to nahi ho :o: :sarcastic:
Oh sorry mate...for asking military related questions on a "Military forum"...my bad.

It is DRDO's claims that they are working on MIRVs. The current status of MIRVs is not disclosed, India may or may not have them right now. Agni-5 is not the final missile and other missiles are also being tested. So lets wait and watch.

The nose diameter of RS-24 is same as Agni 5 as both are of same weight category

RS-24 yars can house upto 4 to 6 MIRV

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom