What's new

Can Agni-5 be MIRV?

For example this Agni-4 is being paraded on a Volvo truck towing a super long TEL . This configuration is hardly all terrain and certainly needs paved roads.

@shaheenmissile
my bad i meant volvo and not benz! thanks for correcting! and yes i agree these TELs are not as mobile as pakistani ones. But that is for A-4 and A5,rest others are carried by TATA/AL/TATRA. and yes TATA have designed a lot of TELs for smaller missiles like prahaar,pinaka ,prithvi but not for ICBMs like A-5 or prospective A6
here are a couple of pics
img_5569.jpg

Tata_motor_6x6_vehicle.jpg

Missile Launcher 12x12.jpg

Agni-II_missile_(Republic_Day_Parade_2004).jpeg
50-900x444.jpg
The above picture you can clearly see how 155mm/52cal gun is mounted on a tata high mobility truck.This truck has all the advanced features that you'd get in any established manufacturer
I hope these pics answer some of your queries?These are entirely designed by TATA or AL

Last edited:
@The Deterrent
Pakistani TEL?isnt the TEL based on chinese WS2400 or russian MAZ-543? Indian TELs on the other hand use either TATRA/TATA/AL and for A-4/A5 the benz as platform and indigenous launching system- TCT-5(canisterized)
Pakistani TEL's
Err...obviously Pakistan doesn't manufacture them. I meant the TELs in service by both countries' SFC, not their origins.

MIRVs were supposed to be tested on 2nd AGNI 5. However Manmohan singh did not give the permission.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom