What's new

Can Agni-5 be MIRV?

agni-52BV2Brange2BAgni-V_intermediate_range_nuclear-capable_intercontinental_ballistic_missile_ICBM_India_defence_industry_military_technology.jpg

it all depends on the miniaturization of warheads.

It is been widely known fact that A-5 will carry MIRV.

Agni-V to be modified to attack multiple targets - The Hindu

Saraswat actually showed off MIRVed A-6, and K4+ layouts.

z52YeKk.jpg

kD3Fc4N.jpg

Ooh tau aap aakhir kaar jaag gaye :what: tau bhai Jara upnay logon ko bhi sumjha dau yeh baat mairi jan :mamba: :sarcastic:
janab ham jitna keh sakte the keh chukke aage unki marzi :pleasantry:

To all Indians,
We should refrain from educating pakistanis and in process (unknowingly) divulging sensitive information.
Take extra care and refrain from threads like these(education trapo_O)
..we are too libral in telling about ourselves..:undecided:
100% agreed but some want to flaunt there technical knowledge :hitwall:

doesn't matter the the Cone diameter has enough space For house MIRV in the missile
Throw weight is also a constraint rt ? Moreover even slightly changing the aerodynamic profile of the vehicle will negatively impact the range even when keeping the weight constant.

agni-jpg.270017

The cone of Agni-V also contains a third conical solid-fuel stage (red/white part of cone).
The RV (black part of cone) is of the same dimensions as that of Agni-IV i.e. ~1000kg. There is no way 3xMIRVs having strategic warheads can be mounted in such a small space (1-1.2m diameter) with so low payload capacity.

Agni-VI is being built for this purpose.
Good man, I could never find third stage of Agni 5. So this orange conical thingthing of 150 cm width is stage three? Then warhead must be under the black cone and that is only 110 cm wide. There is no way even the American or Russian could fit MIRVS under such small dimensions.
Shaheen 2 warhead cone is larger at 125 cm as established in another thread, but MIRV needs Elliptical cone not triangular, so neither our shaheen,nor their Agni can be possibly MIRVd, looking at dimensions and shape of Warhead cone.
Disappointing.

Saraswat actually showed off MIRVed A-6, and K4+ layouts.

z52YeKk.jpg

kD3Fc4N.jpg
There are no other missiles in the world with conical node cone and still MIRVd. For MIRV it needs elliptical nose cone. Plus as already established in the picture,the black part of nose cone is only 110 cm across,which is too small anyway for Multiple warheads of strategic yield.

On the other hand Shaheen-2 of Pakistan has a warhead cone dia of 120 Cm which is a whole 10 Cm larger than Warhead dia of Agni-5.
This means one of the two things.
Either India has developed a more Advanced smaller warhead which is only being used on Agni-5 as warhead nose cone dimensions of all other Agni series missiles is larger than Agni-5.
Or to Increase Range a third stage has been slapped on existing design of Agni-4 ,and to do that warhead size and as a result warhead yield has been compromised and if that is true then Agni-5 is only "Stop gap" missile,until the K-series enters service with all the perks and new enhanced capabilities.
I seriously doubt Agni-6 will ever be functional or even tested.

@shaheenmissile
Lets be brutally honest my friend,pakistan would have to achieve a lot of maturity in various fronts in missile development before thinking of putting MIRVs. I mean control systems,metallurgy,composites,micro-electromechnical sensors/actuators etc to name a few. A lot of pakistani folks here think that pakistan will miraculously develop MIRV like how they developed nukes and delivery vehicles(?).You see my friend it is an iterative process that takes years of painstaking efforts
Disagreed. By hook or by crook, Pakistan WILL field MIRVs. "Miraculous" things have happened before and will happen again.
Good man, I could never find third stage of Agni 5. So this orange conical thingthing of 150 cm width is stage three? Then warhead must be under the black cone and that is only 110 cm wide. There is no way even the American or Russian could fit MIRVS under such small dimensions.
Shaheen 2 warhead cone is larger at 125 cm as established in another thread, but MIRV needs Elliptical cone not triangular, so neither our shaheen,nor their Agni can be possibly MIRVd, looking at dimensions and shape of Warhead cone.
Disappointing.

The orange + white part (or everything except black part) of the cone is the entire stage three.
About Shaheen-2, as I said in another thread, when Pakistan tests MIRV-capable missile, we'll know for sure just by looking at it.
Why is it disappointing? Both nations are gradually progressing in this arena, it will take time. Hell, I'm even surprised how perfectly DRDO tested the canisterised Agni-V, I wasn't hopeful that it will succeed at the first try.

Disagreed. By hook or by crook, Pakistan WILL field MIRVs. "Miraculous" things have happened before and will happen again

@The Deterrent
My friend,in rest of the world things take place in perhaps very different manner! Researches do get published in top notch journals and industry take part in the R&D.However what you are trying to allude here is that "miracle" is the norm in pakistan and that things "get created" by a miracle?Well ,how shady can it get my friend?how shady?

Disagreed. By hook or by crook, Pakistan WILL field MIRVs. "Miraculous" things have happened before and will happen again.

Hell, I'm even surprised how perfectly DRDO tested the canisterised Agni-V, I wasn't hopeful that it will succeed at the first try.
Thats where i have a problem with you and many others on this forum. Try to praise Pakistani technology sometime for a change,which none of you ever do,only criticize.

Last edited:
I seriously doubt Agni-6 will ever be functional or even tested

@shaheenmissile
Hi dear,let me tell you that agni 6 is a very much "live project"- one that is sucking up a lot of resources at the moment!- i mean it! K-series is exclusively for navy,there were talks of adapting it for army,however nothing went beyond the shaurya(which is army variant of K-15) thanks to inter-rivalry of DRDO bosses then! our ex-DG DRDO was the die hard supporter(project manager) of agni missile and hence he didnt let K-series become the mainstay of army. A-6 is in fact in very advanced stages of development!

Hell, I'm even surprised how perfectly DRDO tested the canisterised Agni-V, I wasn't hopeful that it will succeed at the first try.

@The Deterrent

They infact tested the TCT-5(the name of the launching system) TWICE before with dummy payload- ejection test before actually launching A-5. As many as 10 patents were also filed for the development of TCT-5 system(yes! it is a system). I know of a friend who worked on this one.The close up pic of TCT-5 launcher is just amazing

@The Deterrent
My friend,in rest of the world things take place in perhaps very different manner! Researches do get published in top notch journals and industry take part in the R&D.However what you are trying to allude here is that "miracle" is the norm in pakistan and that things "get created" by a miracle?Well ,how shady can it get my friend?how shady?

Does NSA research ever get published ? Before snowden leaks and claims, who would have believed NSA were capable of doing such things ? Dont measure everything with DRDO yardstick. You've been told this repeatedly

Thats where i have a problem with you and many others on this forum. Try to praise Pakistani technology sometime for a change,which none of you ever do,only criticize.

@shaheenmissile
i dont think anyone is criticizing anyone. You see,the world goes by "published literature" and IPs(intellectual property- patents).So unless you dont have it ,no one will take you seriously. And yes china too files a monstrously large number of patents in defense! i mean just look at IEEE and you'd find so many chinese papers coming in the field as different and varied as optimal control to ECCM!

You keep everything under wraps and want to get appreciated ?
I am pretty sure he would more than love to know and boast R & D , if information is available .

Does NSA research ever get published ? Before snowden leaks and claims, who would have believed NSA were capable of doing such things ? Dont measure everything with DRDO yardstick. You've been told this repeatedly

@Bratva
Dear bratva since when did IEEE,AIAA and creation of IP become DRDO yardstick?i mean seriously?
PS- just in case you dont know,i deal with a lot of papers in aerospace that get published in AIAA- from countries like china! so please! do read more!

@Bratva
Dear bratva since when did IEEE,AIAA and creation of IP become DRDO yardstick?i mean seriously?

And since when publishing not one's research got to be the yardstick of Pakistan not having the capability ?

The development of cruise missile technology and Miniaturizing the warheads so much so they can fit into NASR missiles are the testament of this fact where Pakistani tech pros stands.

But one needs to see out of his close circuit brain to observe and deduce such things.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom