What's new

Cameron doesn't understand Pakistan. Sadly, he is not alone

Pashwa you can talk about radicalization.......however at least Pakistan is doing somethings now....so progress is being made....and Pakistan is suffering from the war on terror...so we should be grateful that it's soilders and civilians..have given there life's to fight terror. But like I said before it has a duty to do its part on the war on terror.

Correct it is a World Problem...that need's a strong co-operation bewteen all countries.

Right on....

Kashmir is a different matter..it has nothing to do with Britain....so if you have issues go to the UN...or speak to Pakistan directly....I don't hear much in the news in where both diplomats are trying to negioate with each other...that is a failure on both your goverements. Futhrmore how is Pakistan spreading its fangs worldwide can you please elaborate more on that.

Headley was an LET man.....him and his cronies planned to attack the Danish newspaper.....and they obviously did conduct the Mumbai 26/11 operation....
So this is no more about Kashmir....an organization birthed to fight in Kashmir is spreading its wings worldwide.....What makes you think UK would be left unhindered?

With the large population of Pakistanis in the UK.....especially with the number of Mirpuri's (Kashmiri origin)....how easy would it be to brainwash a youth into becoming another Headley>?

Please dont dismiss the extent of this menace....

Pashwa I live in England...and this scenrio has gone on for years.....and to tell you the truth no Pakistan English Muslim is at risks....even at the height of 9/11 or 7/7. And if you actually look at it Islam is growing in Britain....so no problem there.

Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world.....
Some of the most trusted people to my family are Muslims....I have great respect for the same....

However, Islam is also a fluid religion wrt to interpretation....
If the 9/11 bombers who were highly educated muslims could commit such a heinous act, what makes you think the Muslims of England are safe? It only takes a spark to light fire....

Like I said there has been no bombing's since 2005..so Pakistan is playing its part...now those who commit these terrible acts under British soil....who are of UK citizenship...come under the responsibility of the British goverement...not Pakistan.....because the culprits are British. In my opinion it is not important for Britain to get involved....we simply don't have that power in the first place to solve anything...America is the best option. The British intelligence service is co-operating with the Pakistani intelligence service....and the relationship has been very fruitful....as you can see since 2005 there has been no bombings.

MI5 told US about Detroit bomber's terror links 'a year ago' - Telegraph

And Pakistani's are not the only one's involved into terrorism...this is an example so why does the world not knock on Nigeria door.

Completely agreed.....
In my experience in the US, Pakistanis have been splendid people.....

But when you look at cases like the Time Square bomber, a naturalized citizen, the onus cannot just be placed on America.....
The ideology and the call for Jihad was borne in Pakistan (at least in his case).....so who is to be blamed for this?

I dread to think how many youth in England can be brainwashed half as easily as this fellow.....who seriously had nothing going wrong for him....

Pashwa you can talk about radicalization.......however at least Pakistan is doing somethings now....so progress is being made....and Pakistan is suffering from the war on terror...so we should be grateful that it's soilders and civilians..have given there life's to fight terror. But like I said before it has a duty to do its part on the war on terror.

I agree there.....

Pakistan is fighting for its own survival now...and the loss of life is proof of their sacrifice

But my question is.....can Pakistan afford to be selective about its perception of Terrorist anymore?
I feel a fresh start is needed.....

Pakistan has its nukes....the deterrant that it feels it needed to keep india at bay.....So why keep strategic assets in place?
If its terror Pakistan is fighting, it should tackle all....including Kashmir......dismantling the Kashmiri terror network will only strengthen their position in the world.....

Until then, their efforts will be considered half hearted....at least from India (whether it matters or not)

What makes you think UK would be left unhindered?

True Pakistan should do more....however the guy is of American citizenship....so should it not be there responsibillity....as he did travel from the united States.

What makes you think UK would be left unhindered

Another good question...however if he is with LET...wouldn't his agenda be more focused on India...rather than branching out to the world. By the way I am against terrorists acts in India.

With the large population of Pakistanis in the UK.....especially with the number of Mirpuri's (Kashmiri origin)....how easy would it be to brainwash a youth into becoming another Headley>?

I would say significantly less...with the main guys in bars.....however Pashwa thats why in the Kashmiri thread I say to you that India should not use violence but more diplomacy with the Kashmiri people...because many Mirpuri's have relatives in Indian controlled Kashmir..so when they hear the death's of Kashmiri's...they feel a need to attack India.....its a nature feeling..it is wrong...but that is how they feel. If India used more peaceful means to control the crowd maybe the source of encouraging terroism will decrease...howver this is going off topic.

When I was talking about Abu Hamza....I was saying that he was speaking to his student's to attack the UK......the British goverement knew this for a long time....and actually I even heard that he hid weapons in his mosque. However this Hafiz Saeed fellow I personally don't know much about....is he part of the Taliban...or the Kashmir reisistance group....

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

explain to me what are his views then I will comment on it please...

One Mumbai not enough: Hafiz Saeed-Politics/Nation-News-The Economic Times

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/pakistan/No-Pak-ban-on-Hafiz-Saeed-from-giving-hate-speeches-/articleshow/6097346.cms

If the 9/11 bombers who were highly educated muslims could commit such a heinous act, what makes you think the Muslims of England are safe? It only takes a spark to light fire....

The difference was alot of the 9/11 bombers had spent considerable time in Afghanistan..before they attempted such a stupid crime. Futhermore terroism has only increased due to the Wahabbi school of thought....in forwarding Islam through Violence....now that does not come into the picture in the UK, because those who were the instigators of this belief are behind bars..or are ectradicated back to there original countries. Furthermore the Mosques in the Uk are monitored by the British goverment..so no foul play over there.

True Pakistan should do more....however the guy is of American citizenship....so should it not be there responsibillity....as he did travel from the united States.

Well at least according to the details he provided, he planned the attack from Pakistan.....

You cant simply link everything to nationality.....

If he was American, then why attack India?......
His Pakistani roots and his association with other Pakistanis along with the inception of the plan means that Pakistan cannot be left out of the equation....

His revelations do reveal a lot...something most Pakistanis will not accept.....

The ideology and the call for Jihad was borne in Pakistan (at least in his case).....so who is to be blamed for this?

The ideology is the Wahhabi school of thought..which is financed by the Arabs. Like I said before many of the old Jihad's were integrated into the Pakistani society because they were married into the Tribal families.

The difference was alot of the 9/11 bombers had spent considerable time in Afghanistan..before they attempted such a stupid crime. Futhermore terroism has only increased due to the Wahabbi school of thought....in forwarding Islam through Violence....now that does not come into the picture in the UK, because those who were the instigators of this belief are behind bars..or are ectradicated back to there original countries. Furthermore the Mosques in the Uk are monitored by the British goverment..so no foul play over there.

The 9/11 sleeper cell was based in Hamburg Germany......

Anyways.....I still feel that the risk is still high, else intelligence agencies worldwide wouldnt be in such panic and state of heightened hysteria over this issue....

dismantling the Kashmiri terror network will only strengthen their position in the world.....

Pashwa can I ask you a Question...why does the Pakistani goverment and the Indian goverment not come to the table and solve the Kashmiri problem...instead of playing..footsie under the table. Kashmir terror network will only be solved if you talk about Kashmir.....that is the picture which I am getting.

Anyways.....I still feel that the risk is still high, else intelligence agencies worldwide wouldnt be in such panic and state of heightened hysteria over this issue...

Its good that the intelligence services are on there feet...as that means they are doing there job to protect there countries.

Another good question...however if he is with LET...wouldn't his agenda be more focused on India...rather than branching out to the world. By the way I am against terrorists acts in India.

Well thats the point Im trying to get accross.....

LET was India focussed....now its becoming a world menace....

So can India and the world afford to take a chance when Pakistan selectively chooses to target Terrorism?

Allowing the likes of Hafiz Saeed to go unabated will only lead to more 26/11.....a phenomenon Britishers know very well....only in the form of Abu Hamza....

If he was American, then why attack India

Terrorists don't really have any distinations..when all they want is to cause mayhem.....India was a easy target maybe...thats why they chose it.

Back
Top Bottom