What's new

Caitlan Coleman tells of forced abortion, disputes official account of her rescue in Pakistan

I think these guys were CIA assets who the Taliban caught.

First read the article in OP
You need to read school books and do your home work at time, don't spend whole day by posting every crap on defense forum especially here where you represent your country. Because of people / kids like you people around the world starts thinking us hostile nation towards minorities and neighbors.
Listen kid Pakistan is our neighbor just like China, Bangladesh, Nepal and we do have some sort of border dispute with all and we do fight wars with others so it doesn't make Pakistan as our arch enemy but just a neighbor with border dispute, respect others and got respect at least Indian army thinks like that.

This family is shady as hell.
99% NGOs working in Afghanistan some how spying for someone not only in Afghanistan but around the world since it is quite easy to penetrate other country in the name of humanity under UN umbrella.

This story has more holes in it than Swiss cheese.
  • Why were these western couple hiking in Afghanistan? Hippest gone crazy?

• Why were they a baby factory in captivity?

• Why have they converted to Islam (allegedly due to looks)?

• Why did the Pak Army say these guys just crossed into pakistan?

• Why didn't the Americans rescue these guys when they were also on the Afghan side?

• Why do they keep changing their story?
I'd like to add why did the guy take a shot at pagans?

Even more important thing is that world would move on while you bharatis would continue to be deewana in someone's shadi.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think these guys were CIA assets who the Taliban caught.
They seem too calm like nothing happened which I find strange. Their story is kinda similar to a movie called Room by brie larson. In the movie even after she escapes confinement she is traumatized and not the same.

Caitlan Coleman breaks silence on captivity, says 'was in Pakistan for more than a year'

Dawn.comUpdated October 24, 2017

Disputing claims about her rescue, the recently recovered Caitlan Coleman has said that she was in Pakistan for at least a year before she was "rescued" by Pakistan Army in an operation near the Pak-Afghan border earlier this month.

While speaking to the Toronto Star in her first interview since her recovery, Coleman said: "Right now, everybody’s shunting blame and making claims. Pakistan says no, they were never in Pakistan until the end. The US says, no they were always in Pakistan; it was Pakistan’s responsibility. But neither of those are true."

She also said that she is certain that they were held in both Afghanistan and Pakistan. "We were not crossing into Pakistan that day. We had been in Pakistan for more than a year at that point."

Coleman, an American national, revealed in the interview — published on Monday — that the couple were moved to Pakistan immediately after being kidnapped in Afghanistan.

ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER AD

"They first took us out of Afghanistan; it was several days’ drive," said Coleman, who still wears a hijab after being released. She refused to comment on whether the couple have converted to Islam.

She said that her kidnappers took them to Miramshah in North Waziristan where they were kept for almost a year, adding that they knew where they were because her husband, Joshua Boyle, could understand some Farsi.

Read: Caitlan and Joshua: adventurers caught in Taliban trap

"It was very bad. My husband and I were separated at that time. He wasn’t allowed to see Najaeshi or spend any time with us."

Najaeshi Jonah is their oldest son.

"Then we were moved to the north of Miramshah, to the house of a man who said he was called Mahmoud. He was very nice to Najaeshi and would provide us with amenities [that] we wouldn’t have otherwise," she told the Toronto Star. "He would take Najaeshi out to get him sunlight and nobody else did that at any other point."

She does not exactly remember the events around her rescue but does recall a gun battle while she was in the trunk of a car.

"Our first fear — why we were not poking our heads up and yelling for help — was that it was another gang trying to kidnap us. Possibly just part of the Haqqani network fighting with another part. They’re all just bandits," she said about her rescue.

"You’re a prisoner for so long, you’re so suspicious. I was still thinking we don’t know these people, we don’t know where they’re taking us."

Of her reaction on realising it was the Pakistani forces and not another group of captors, she said: "I think I was mostly just in shock."

While revealing details of the rescue, Pakistan Army had said that the family had been moved from Afghanistan into Pakistan the day the operation took place, not earlier.

'Captors killed child because Joshua refused to join them'
Backing her husband's earlier claims of Coleman being raped in captivity and the forced abortion of their child, she said that the assault on her happened because they wanted the couple to stop contacting people who were not their guards or captors.

The Taliban had refuted the claims, saying that the child had died naturally and that the woman had not been raped in captivity.

They named their unborn child "Martyr", she said, who was killed because the captors were angry at Boyle for not joining them.

Explore: Everything you need to know about the kidnapping and recovery of Caitlan Coleman and Joshua Boyle

They killed the child using using high amounts of estrogen in their food and boasted of what they had done, she told the daily.

Her next two pregnancies were kept secret and the babies were delivered by Boyle using a flashlight.

"We had a pen they didn’t know about and we were taking little scraps of paper and trying to hand out notes to anyone and everyone that wasn’t one of the guards or commanders involved in killing Martyr," she said regarding the alleged assault against her.

"But then they took us, separated us, and beat us and that was when the assault on me happened because they wanted us to stop."

Naming houses in Afghanistan, Pakistan
The couple and their children were frequently moved between Pakistan and Afghanistan, according to Coleman. They were usually drugged and kept in the trunk whenever they were moved, she said.

From their house north of Miramshah, they were then taken to Spin Ghar in Afghanistan. Coleman also shared lighter moments they had in captivity, including naming the places they were kept in.

They called one "Cat Hotel" because it looked like a hotel to them. She claimed they could see the Pak-Afghan border from there. The kidnappers acquired a Pakistani-styled "jingle truck" from there, told Coleman, and moved them to an area between Kohat and Bannu.

Their last "home" was named "Dar Al Musa", she said.

"Outside everyday they were doing some training or something was going on, and some guy was shouting and we laughed because whoever Musa was, he was not doing a good job," she said.

"He was always yelling, 'No, no, no, Musa Musa.'"

They were there since November 2016, she said, and were then transferred to the "Mud House" just two days before their recovery.

Decision to have children in captivity
Speaking on the couple's decision to have two children in captivity, she said that, among other things, she wanted a large family and they did not know when they would be released.

"It was a decision we made. We did think about it [...] it’s difficult to explain all the reasons, but, for me, a large part was the fact that it has always been important to me to have a large family," she said.

"This took our life away from us — this captivity with no end in sight. And so I felt that it was our best choice at that time. We didn’t know if we would have that opportunity when we came back. We didn’t know how long it would be. It was already unprecedented, so we couldn’t say, 'Oh, we’ll only be here a year or six months.'"

No one speaks Farsi in Pakistan and not even the Taliban in Afghanistan.
So her husbands speaks farsi and the so called Taliban apparently decided to abandon their mother tongue Pashto and got involved in speaking farsi which apparantly is spoken by the Hazara community in Afghanistan which Taliban apparently hate is just an amazing detail of the events.
Besides, why would the captors not be using false identity and false location information to misguide these two just incase they some how got out? I mean that's the basics of guerilla warfare...

If it has to be like this why Kohat then that the one can even claim as they being kept in Prime Minister house.

Or better still - right next to Pakistan Military Academy compound in Abbottabad. That would be hilarious, like old times, don't you think?

But many with a bit of information and events allegedly unfolded by media, are surprised. Interestingly, speaking of Farsi is being considered as an evidence being in Pakistan -

"... adding that Boyle understood some Farsi, which helped them understand at times where they were."

The implication is that they didn't hear Farsi every day.

How similar are spoken Pashto and Farsi? How much Pashto could a Farsi-speaker pick up?

Boyle: "I have read their report and quite frankly, I think that anybody who reads their actual report with a critical eye that it is essentially a confession. They have not tried to make a plausible excuse. They have not tried to put forward a plausible defence."
"I know exactly what city we were in, I know exactly which commanders were there when we were separated. I can tell you the exact dates these things happened."

Video #5 on the webpage. CBC News: 'I was still in shackles, still woozy': Freed hostage Joshua Boyle recounts captivity in Afghanistan. Canadian tells CBC News captors thought they would get ransom quickly, asked who he was working for Oct 16, 2017

I don't read it that way. Sometimes they knew where they were. Surprising, after five years both of them should be fluent Pashto speakers.

They reference the word 'bandi' many times. Pashto.

"... adding that Boyle understood some Farsi, which helped them understand at times where they were."

How similar are spoken Pashto and Farsi? How much Pashto could a Farsi-speaker pick up?

For comparison, you must be well familiar with both languages and from my side, if this statement be taken good enough for you then trust me as there is no comparison and similarity. Now there wouldn't be any need to ask me how many local languages I can speak and understand but it is clear that why I stated as such.

Or better still - right next to Pakistan Military Academy compound in Abbottabad. That would be hilarious, like old times, don't you think?

Troll mode huh. .. However not hilarious than NaMO claim of his office being bugged by ISI. Strange world.

I can understand and communicate in Farsi, but can't understand even one sentence of Pashto - that's how similar Pashto and Farsi are.

Back
Top Bottom