What's new

Cable operators allowed to screen Indian movies

Lahore High Court Chief Justice Syed Mansoor Ali Shah on Thursday issued a decree, allowing licensed cable television operators to air Bollywood movies on television channels.

The court also sought a reply from the federal government on whether Indian dramas could be shown on Pakistani TV channels.

The high court chief justice issued this order on a petition of M/s Leo Communications, assailing a circular issued by Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority on October 19, 2016, for flouting both the authority’s rules and the country’s Constitution.

Counsel for the petitioner, during the hearing, argued that the petitioner-company was granted a 15-year licence by Pemra in 2010 to operate a cable channel by the name of Filmazia.

Under the licensing conditions, he said, the channel was allowed to broadcast 10 per cent foreign content, including that of India. He said the channel became very popular, however, Pemra without any prior notice issued a circular on October 19, 2016 abruptly banning all Indian content on cable channels in Pakistan.

He argued that without assigning any reason the sudden proscription sounded a death knell for the channel as it had made substantial investment in purchasing the Indian content and its ratings took a nosedive due to the ban. He said the government was indulging in ‘selective patriotism’, as Indian movies had been allowed to be screened across the country.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1322227/judge-allows-cable-operators-screen-indian-movies/

Congratulations to Bollywood lovers in Pakistan.

Why man, is it not Indian movies are against your culture?? What has changed now??

Agreed with you.
I never watch bollywood.
There is better entertainment out there like Hollywood and Chinese cinema.
Really nice to meet you and I never watched an Indian movie/drama/show perhaps a few clips less than 2-3 min in length that too for the sake of discussion on pdf or some other social media..
and that give a sharp pain in the tushies to Indian trolls here and I can say that safely about my family and extended familly, close friends...they never watched anything from Indian except may be a few new items or occasionally some political talk show.. that's it.

Really nice to meet you and I never watched an Indian movie/drama/show perhaps a few clips less than 2-3 min in length that too for the sake of discussion on pdf or some other social media..
and that give a sharp pain in the tushies to Indian trolls here and I can say that safely about my family and extended familly, close friends...they never watched anything from Indian except may be a few new items or occasionally some political talk show.. that's it.
Same here.
I never watch their bollywood entertainment.
There is too much haraam in it, like dancing women showing the belly, kissing scenes, etc.

Why man, is it not Indian movies are against your culture?? What has changed now??
Bro I haven't watched any Indian movie tbh...but I have heard a lot of stuff especially the about vulgarity and violence.... which perhaps is tolerated in India since we all have different thresholds..for me a girl showing her belly button is really vulgar or wearing inappropriate cloths.. I'm not saying she is necessarily a bad person because of this reason alone...but as a Muslim my faith doesn't allow me to watch such stuff though... even Pakistani movies that cross this limit are equally abhorring and deplorable and thus I have always voiced for a more fair and fundamental definition instead of engaging in Pak vs India content, it has to be based on a universal definition of decency ...then whether it is Indian content, local Pakistani content, Chinese or any other...should be judged against it.. I don't like hypocrisy that we accept vulgar stuff because it is Pakistani and reject if it is from India ..

Bro I haven't watched any Indian movie tbh...but I have heard a lot of stuff especially the about vulgarity and violence.... which perhaps is tolerated in India since we all have different thresholds..for me a girl showing her belly button is really vulgar or wearing inappropriate cloths.. I'm not saying she is necessarily a bad person because of this reason alone...but as a Muslim my faith doesn't allow me to watch such stuff though... even Pakistani movies that cross this limit are equally abhorring and deplorable and thus I have always voiced for a more fair and fundamental definition instead of engaging in Pak vs India content, it has to be based on a universal definition of decency ...then whether it is Indian content, local Pakistani content, Chinese or any other...should be judged against it.. I don't like hypocrisy that we accept vulgar stuff because it is Pakistani and reject if it is from India ..

Thanks for tagging me as a Bro....I appreciate it.

Anyway, my quote was just a sarcasm only...Yeh, one thing for sure, in India, it is more liberal in nature regarding the parameter of vulgarity you are referring to. But for me, my yardstick is completely different. I do not want to judge or comment on Pakistan's intent. As at the end of the day, your Gov has to decide what is good for your people.

Thanks for tagging me as a Bro....I appreciate it.

Anyway, my quote was just a sarcasm only...Yeh, one thing for sure, in India, it is more liberal in nature regarding the parameter of vulgarity you are referring to. But for me, my yardstick is completely different. I do not want to judge or comment on Pakistan's intent. As at the end of the day, your Gov has to decide what is good for your people.
In the end we are all brothers...except the people who want to preach hate ...
We get emotional when we get embroiled in a heated debate here but when it subsides..we can see many clean faces..
But of course Pakistani society is overall more conservative because of the faith ..as Islam requires a certain dress code for its followers.. The good thing about Pakistan is though that it is voluntary and not forced through any law like in KSA or Iran.. because here vast majority of Pakistanis want to act upon its religion which so vehemently and unequivocally refutes the propaganda that Islam was spread through sword while in Iran more than 40% won't dress modestly rather they will wear very western style clothing which they do as soon as they enter any western or liberal country..

Its simple, cable operators/ cinema owners are business men, they are not doing charity. At the end of the day they have to to pay salaries/ maintain infrastructure/ feed their family

If they want Indian content then it means business for them.

So PDFians might be biased and not the right sample set, but there are a lot of Pakistan citizen willing to spend money/ time on such content.

BTW Kaabil has already made 2.5 Crore in 5 days.

Indian culture?? Then what culture you will follow? Arab culture?
Bcz you don't have your own culture.
If you really want to ban Indian culture then first ban "Urdu" language bcz its an Indian language.
Nice try idiot.
Urdu is a Pakistani language.
I watch Hollywood.

Last edited:
You are the idiot. So some Indians may speak Urdu. Big deal.

Do pakistanis speak Hindi, Tamil, Bengali, and Marathi?

Some Indians??
There are "some" 200 millions Indians which can speak urdu which is larger than the whole Pakistan population.

If you search "History of Urdu" on Google , Google will show this.
Screenshot_2017-02-10-20-36-46.png

All of Indian content is substandard and it should be banned with immediate effect and permanently. SC should be sensitive to the feelings of the people

absolutely i agree..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom