What's new

Cabinet reshuffle: Asad Umar likely to take charge as federal minister again

Introvert

Reaction score
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf senior leader Asad Umar will likely return as a federal minister amid major reshuffle in the federal Cabinet, sources informed on Monday.

According to sources, Prime Minister Imran Khan has taken the decision regarding a major reshuffle in the cabinet, with former finance minister Umar taking charge of the petroleum ministry this time.

Sources said that Science and Technology Minister Fawad Chaudhry will have to relinquish hold of his portfolio once again.

Around eight to 10 ministers are expected to be a part of reshuffle, with Shafqat Mahmood likely to be given the charge of the Interior Ministry.

Sources further said that Zubaida Jalal will likely become the education minister, with Firdous Ashiq Awan also among those who will be a part of the reshuffle.

Dr Babar Awan is also expected to become an adviser, sources said, adding that the former law minister is more interested towards being a senator.

In the meeting of PTI parliamentary leaders today, some lawmakers complained to the prime minister about the behaviour of some ministers, following which the premier hinted at the cabinet change.

Sources earlier informed that Prime Minister Imran Khan has decided to carry out major changes in the Punjab provincial administration with reshuffling expected in the provincial cabinet.

Sources told that a decision in this regard has been taken to remove and replace some ministers within the cabinet.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/249446-asad-umar-likely-to-return-to-federal-cabinet-amid-major-reshuffle

Asad umaer should vice PM. Interior minister should be changed but shafqat mehmood is not a good choice. Very good to get rid of science minister. Higher education also needs some attention along with defense ministry.

Interior Minister is currently Ijaz Shah, who used to be DG-IB and previously was in ISI. I personally think he has good credentials to be Interior Minister.

Shafqat Mehmood should get science and technology. As for Fawad Chudary, really see no place for him in the cabinet.

Fawad Chaudhary has no place in the cabinet. Asad Umar definitely needs to come back in the cabinet.

I don't know what's happening with education ministry?

Ministries performing as expected of PTI (more or less)

1- Water and power ministry
2- Finance ministry (re-structuring and taxation measures etc have shown some progress)
3- Environmental ministry (Amin Aslam doing a great job).
4- Interior ministry (Terrorism is record down, Mashallah!)

Neutral performance: Neither good nor bad (Need improvement)
1- Information ministry
2- Institutional reform ministry
3- Religious affairs ministry
4- Education ministry

BC yehi karte Rehna aur panch saal
Tarkhan ko mochi bana dou mochi ko chowkidar aur chowkidar ko bavarchi.

Salaam

Interior Minister is currently Ijaz Shah, who used to be DG-IB and previously was in ISI. I personally think he has good credentials to be Interior Minister.

Shafqat Mehmood should get science and technology. As for Fawad Chudary, really see no place for him in the cabinet.

Ijaz Shah does have good credentials but according to Dr Shahid he is sick and has been for some time. He has some heart issues and was in the hospital as well some time ago.

So my guess is that his health issues are preventing him from doing his job properly and that may be a reason behind PMIK thinking about changing him.

Pakistan is still facing problems due to Asad Umar bad policies in economy.this person is not fit for any job and will destroy entire country.don't give him any post.admit him in mental hospital.

plz also do something about kpk ministers.especially the terrorist health minister.for reference you can check out social media for what happened in Peshawar a few days back

really??
he is qualified to be a minister for Aloo choley and Gool Gupey

He is being promoted to minister for space and beyond tech

Yes. A new federal ministry of Outer Space shall be created; he should be made minister thereof and also be sent there in the space.

Musical chairs of hypocrisy and mediocracy continues unabated.

This is just dictatorial

Yes. A new federal ministry of Outer Space shall be created; he should be made minister thereof and also be sent there in the space.

then Disney will have to change their space series' titles to "Space the final frontier where Fawad Chaudry has gone before"

Pakistan is still facing problems due to Asad Umar bad policies in economy.this person is not fit for any job and will destroy entire country.don't give him any post.admit him in mental hospital.

I cannot comment on Economy as my knowledge is not sufficient but he was trying to avoid IMF .

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom