What's new

BYD: Road to Dominance of Electric Vehicle/Transport

The charging point is very important for e-car,the chinese gov have do more infrastruction about it.But in my view the bottleneck is the battery,charging is too slow ,at least one hour.View attachment 264065 View attachment 264066
I dont forsee charging time is a problem rather the problem lies more on charging point. If a full charge electric car can travel more than 200km. That is enough for city life. Average driver spend 50-70km a day for work. After a hard day of work and drive back home. You can park your car and have 8-10hrs left to charge before next day of work. No need the tedious process of queing for gasoline at kiosk station

Last edited:
I dont forsee charging time is a problem rather the problem lies more on charging point. If a full charge electric care can travel more than 200km. That is enough for city life. Average driver spend 50-70km a day for work. After a hard day of work and drive back home. You can park your car and have 8-10hrs left to charge before next day of work.
And weekend trip! Enough for most short-distance excursions.
Of course the technology should be further updated for longer intercity trips.

And weekend trip! Enough for most short-distance excursions.
Of course the technology should be further updated for longer intercity trips.
I hope electric car can also be charged by normal household power outlet. If you go for a road trip. The electric car can still be charged for 8-10hrs while the driver can have a good night sleep before the next day journey. Therefore eliminate the problem for looking tailor made power point charging outlet for electric car.

I dont forsee charging time is a problem rather the problem lies more on charging point. If a full charge electric car can travel more than 200km. That is enough for city life. Average driver spend 50-70km a day for work. After a hard day of work and drive back home. You can park your car and have 8-10hrs left to charge before next day of work. No need the tedious process of queing for gasoline at kiosk station
The common e-car may not reach 200KM as the e-bus cause the limit of the battery.80KM most.but of course for work place is enough ,you can charging the car when you at work.But if you wanna travel for journey that need the charging piont and each time maybe more than an hour so this limit the rang of the e-car.

The common e-car may not reach 200KM as the e-bus cause the limit of the battery.80KM most.but of course for work place is enough ,you can charging the car when you at work.But if you wanna travel for journey that need the charging piont and each time maybe more than an hour so this limit the rang of the e-car.
I think hybrid car is still the best option. The electric power to power 80km journey which is enough for a day work. Once you ran out of electric power or forget to charge your car, switch to gasoline for another 200-300km journey if you intend to go for a longer trip.

I hope charging network includes every expressway in China.
This will be a huge task, but I think it's within our reach.
China's nearly 120,000km controlled-access expressways are desperate for chargers!
View attachment 264063
View attachment 264067
Every 50km in expressway will have charge station if I remember the distance correctly. That is planned and the state money is ready to pour in it.

Boom in next 3 years. BYD is already top the performance in this field.

I think hybrid car is still the best option. The electric power to power 80km journey which is enough for a day work. Once you ran out of electric power or forget to charge your car, switch to gasoline for another 200-300km journey if you intend to go for a longer trip.
I think this gas-e combate construction increase the cost for the car,and lower the advantage of the e- car.

I think this gas-e combate construction increase the cost for the car,and lower the advantage of the e- car.
It will be more acceptable for the mass and lesser hassle for driver to look for charging point with hybrid. If you used your car mostly for work travelling and remember to charge your car everyday. The depend on gasoline will much lesser. Therefore environmental friendly and lesser China burden on gasoline import.

BYD Adds Two Electric Buses to Fleet
BYD Co. has launched two more electric bus models, the C6 and the C8, giving it a total of four electric bus models in its lineup.

The C6 and the C8 were unveiled at an event last month in the south China city of Guangzhou, according to a report by CVNews, a commercial vehicle website based in Beijing.

The C6 bus has 22 seats and can go up to 210 km (130 miles) on a single charge, while the C8 bus has 45 seats and can go up to 170 km (105 miles) on a single charge.

Both electrified buses are powered by BYD's iron phosphate batteries.

No further details are provided about the two new vehicles on BYD's website.

The K9, BYD's first electric bus, has 32 seats and a range of 250 km. It can go at a maximum speed of 70 km per hour (44 miles per hour).

The K9 is assembled in seven plants in different parts of China, as well as in California.

BYD launched a second electric bus this year, the C9, with a 53-seat capacity. It can go up to 400 km on a single change, and it can travel as fast as 100 km per hour.

Both the C9 and the K9 are powered by the same BYD iron phosphate batteries that power the C6 and C8.

The company also produces the E6 sedan, which is used in the taxi fleet in Shenzhen, the city where BYD headquarters are found.

BYD is also the largest manufacturer of plug-in hybrid vehicles in China, marketing three plug-in hybrids: the Qin compact car and the Tang and Song, two SUVs.

BYD is listed on the stock exchanges of Shenzhen and Hong Kong.

From 34min, comes the enormous electric bus fleet of Shenzhen
Perhaps the biggest of the world?

@powastick @kuge @Nan Yang @70U63 @CAPRICORN-88 @Daniel808 @ahojunk et al

Urbs testa ônibus articulado 100% elétrico na linha Interbairros II - Bem Paraná
noticia_926028_img1_nibus.jpg

The first show of BYD's articulated electric bus in the birthplace of BRT, Brazil!
One charge 270km!

全球BRT发源地迎来比亚迪铰接纯电动首秀
2015年10月6日,比亚迪海外首辆铰链式纯电动大巴来到了全球BRT(快速公交)系统的发源地,巴西南部城市库里蒂巴,并将在这里展开为期三天的试运行。这是巴西最发达的BRT系统首次采用铰链式纯电动大巴,旨在测试该大巴在快速公交线路上的运载能力及能耗效率,同时进一步对比与传统燃油大巴的能耗差异、运营成本,为今后BRT系统纯电动化采集重点数据。这也是比亚迪18米铰链式纯电动大巴在BRT线路上的首次展示。

此次试运行的这条线路为Interbairros二号线,是库里蒂巴市BRT系统中最繁忙的线路之一,其全长42公里,途径市内主要公交站点,平均每天乘客数量达68,000人。本次试运行将持续三天,10月7日运行时间从12点到17点,10月8日与10月9日从9点到17点,所运行的线路及停靠站点与传统燃油大巴一致,包括行车过程中的启停及红绿灯等。

这款18米长铰链式纯电动大巴,其单次充满电续航里程超270公里,满载情况下最多可搭载120位乘客。就在2015年9月下旬,这台大巴刚刚完成了圣保罗的道路测试,这项测试由圣保罗市道路交通局主导,主要测试铰链式纯电动大巴是否能像其它燃油大巴一样在圣保罗最苛刻的公交线路上正常运行,其中挑战最大的一个坡其坡度达到18%,比亚迪铰链式纯电动大巴在满载的情况下顺利通过该坡道,赢得了圣保罗道路交通局的称赞。

库里蒂巴位于巴西南部巴拉那州,是巴西第七大城市,该市早在70年代就开始建立高效的公共交通系统,并在整个交通系统中贯彻公交优先的原则。库里蒂巴的公交被称之为"地面地铁",是巴西效率最高的公交系统之一,日平均输送190万人次,在繁忙的上下班时间,人们只需等45秒钟就可以乘上公共汽车。现在市内75%的上班族都利用公共交通,这个比率在全世界所有城市中是最高的,库里蒂巴也成了巴西小汽车使用率最低的城市。目前该市考虑在其BRT系统中引入纯电动大巴,这无疑为这座"全球最宜居城市"锦上添花,我们期待它在全国乃至全球形成示范效应。

20151010103350715.jpg

It will be more acceptable for the mass and lesser hassle for driver to look for charging point with hybrid. If you used your car mostly for work travelling and remember to charge your car everyday. The depend on gasoline will much lesser. Therefore environmental friendly and lesser China burden on gasoline import.
It is gov strategy. purpese is decline the need for the petroleum and try to popularize Chinese standard to the world.
Another reason is for decreasing the enviroment pollution as well ,also can increase high-tec employment.

BYD announces fundraising plan for batteries, electric cars

BYD, a leading Chinese manufacturer of rechargeable batteries and hybrid cars, has lately issued an announcement to raise 15 billion yuan (US$2.4 billion) in equity placements to finance expanded production of Li-ion ferrous power batteries and development of new energy vehicles, as well as to replenish its working capital and repay bank loans, reports Guangzhou's 21st Century Business Herald.

BYD chair Wang Chuanfu said as his company owns the core technology for manufacturing Li-ion ferrous power batteries, investing in capacity expansion can secure sufficient supply of the batteries to support the manufacture of hybrid electrical vehicles, while investment in developing new energy vehicles and new technologies can help BYD build a more solid presence in the niche market.

The investment plan suggests that BYD is poised to fully gear up for the development of hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs) to rival international auto giants as Toyota, Volkswagen, Honda and BMW.

BYD electric bus in Los Angeles International airport
byd-e-bus-620.jpg

I tried the BYD Tang (a plug-in hybrid SUV) weeks before at its dealer store. It's a good vehicle. With rich electronics features and strong acceleration performances (definitely much stronger than my current Skoda Superb), plus the pure-electric distance is around 80km (that's what the sales person told me. But he also admitted that if you put the AC on and stuck in traffic jam, the distance will be reduced). The price is also not an issue: thanks to the government subsidies on electric vehicles, the net price is about USD 35,000.

However, the biggest pain point to me is that I don't have a fixed parking lot. This means I would have no chance to build the charging pole to make the BYD model charged. This is an issue that could not be easily solved. :(

Back
Top Bottom