What's new

BYD: Road to Dominance of Electric Vehicle/Transport

I tried the BYD Tang (a plug-in hybrid SUV) weeks before at its dealer store. It's a good vehicle. With rich electronics features and strong acceleration performances (definitely much stronger than my current Skoda Superb), plus the pure-electric distance is around 80km (that's what the sales person told me. But he also admitted that if you put the AC on and stuck in traffic jam, the distance will be reduced). The price is also not an issue: thanks to the government subsidies on electric vehicles, the net price is about USD 35,000.

However, the biggest pain point to me is that I don't have a fixed parking lot. This means I would have no chance to build the charging pole to make the BYD model charged. This is an issue that could not be easily solved. :(
Availability seems to be a bigger issue than technology!
Policies on!

I tried the BYD Tang (a plug-in hybrid SUV) weeks before at its dealer store. It's a good vehicle. With rich electronics features and strong acceleration performances (definitely much stronger than my current Skoda Superb), plus the pure-electric distance is around 80km (that's what the sales person told me. But he also admitted that if you put the AC on and stuck in traffic jam, the distance will be reduced). The price is also not an issue: thanks to the government subsidies on electric vehicles, the net price is about USD 35,000.

However, the biggest pain point to me is that I don't have a fixed parking lot. This means I would have no chance to build the charging pole to make the BYD model charged. This is an issue that could not be easily solved. :(
It a hybrid. :D

Yes, it is a plug-in hybrid vehicle. Can be powered by either gasoline or electricity. Since the cost of electricity is much lower than gasoline, it is better to have your own charging pole to make it charged daily.
Can it be plug in by normal power outlet? Since you have a whole long night to spare, I bet it can be fully charged for the next day.

Can it be plug in by normal power outlet? Since you have a whole long night to spare, I bet it can be fully charged for the next day.
Yes, you can use the normal power outlet to charge it, which takes about 12hours for a full charge. If you live in the ground floor, this may be a good way. But I live in the sixth floor :(

China's State Grid to build more NEV chargers

Agencies-Global Times | Posted: 13 Oct 2015, 11:39

e06907fd2d6476f3ac9cc1643cf7d3e2.jpg

China's State Grid will accelerate construction of charging facilities for new energy vehicles (NEVs) until 2020, a company vice president said Monday.

More than 6,000 public fast-charge stations and 59,000 chargers to power some 3.68 million electric passenger vehicles will be installed, Yang Qing, an executive vice president of the State Grid,told a conference.

The State Grid will make public charging facilities available in 202 cities. In some major cities, including Beijing, Tianjin and Shanghai, a charging facility will be found within a circle of less than 1 km.

This year, the company plans to start construction of 1,888 fast-charge stations with the aim of putting them into service by the end of June 2016. Currently, 618 stations are in operation.

China issued a guideline last week on a nationwide charging network that will fulfill the demands of 5 million electric vehicles by 2020.

you know I'm own a Villa!

Should I go for a BYD SONG?
Welcome!

AFAK, @Yizhi and I own BYD QIN.

BYD SONG will be better, DMII is now involving to DMIII.

The price of electricity from charge station will be cheaper than you charge at home. Last time I got the news that the price will be ¥0.5/kwh and there will add another 20% off for state's subsidies. Cheap and zero emission.

Last edited:
Welcome!

AFAK, @Yizhi and I own BYD QIN.

BYD SONG will be better, DMII is now involving to DMIII.

The price of electricity from charge station will be cheaper than you charge at home. Last time I got the news that the price will be ¥0.5/kwh and there will add another 20% off for state's subsidies. Cheap and zero emission.
That's really cheap!
I'm sure electric or hybrid car will more be popular once charging is convenient.

BYD to Expand U.K. Electric-Bus Production

Bloomberg News

October 14, 2015 — 10:56 PM EDT

browse.php

People ride aboard a 60 foot long articulated electric bus, during a demonstration at the BYD Coach and Bus manufacturing facility in Lancaster.

Photographer: Mel Melcon/LA Times via Getty Images

BYD Co., the Chinese electric-vehicle manufacturer backed by Berkshire Hathaway Inc., plans to expand U.K. production to about 200 electric buses a year and is negotiating to set up a factory in Europe to meet rising demand, according to a person familiar with the matter.

BYD’s Europe ambitions are growing after reaching anagreement in July to build 51 electric buses with U.K.-based Alexander Dennis Ltd. for use in London. The two companies plan to announce the increase in production next week, according to the person, who declined to be named as the matter is private. A security employee answering the phone at the headquarters of Alexander Dennis said to call during regular business hours.

The company is evaluating different European countries outside the U.K. for a new factory that would lower costs for exports and logistics, according to the person. The plant may be wholly owned by BYD or operated with local partners, the person said.

The planned expansion and new factory in Europe adds to BYD’s growing presence outside China, as it’s also set up two plants in California to supply electric buses. The company, which started out manufacturing batteries for mobile-phone companies, also began selling portable power-storage units in Germany this year.

BYD has exported China-made buses to countries including the U.S., Holland, Spain, Germany, Canada and Brazil.

BYD to Expand U.K. Electric-Bus Production - Bloomberg Business

Back
Top Bottom