What's new

Business Huawei's own OS system may be ready this year: Report

whats wrong with it?
Majority of users dont use anything besides Play store on android. What makes u think they will switch to Chinese app store outside of China? Hell, i have Galaxy S7 and i have never used galaxy app store for anything besides themes and updates for samsung apps that i like such as Shealth, SCalendar, Samsung pay and Samsung Pass. I dont care what other apps are there. In my 2 years of owning this phone i havent even bothered to explore the app section on Galaxy store.

And how does huawei plan on replacing other apps in different markets such as Whatsapp, Gmail, Gmaps and more? there are many more American companies that wont be doing business with huawei and wont make their available on the platform? Launching services to replicate their function is easy, but getting people to migrate is difficult. In India, Whatsapp had a small lead over Hike (Indian app) which has a lot more features than whatsapp and is a perfectly good app, but whatsapp still is market leader by a long margin just because it had the lead.

And do u realize how difficult it is to build an ecosystem? Microsoft had a terrific software, probably the best with social media interaction, low resource demanding and yet it got wiped out of market because it didnt have good app ecosystem.

Huawei's smartphone division will reduce to a domestic company if this ban isnt lifted. Most probably Pakistan will adopt it without any apprehension, but besides China it wont make inroads in other large market.

an OS for CN market...
in a way , u r right, though there's no indication that it is soley intended for the CN market only, as can be inferrerd from:

A Portuguese media outlet reports that Aptoide, an open source alternative to the Google Play Store with more than 900,000 apps and more than 100 million users is negotiating with Huawei to develop a viable alternative to the Play Store.

Remember, part of the Huawei ban is that Huawei’s Android license from Google is revoked. This means Huawei would need to resort to AOSP builds for Android and it won’t be allowed to ship devices with Google Play Services. Huawei’s Android license remains intact during the 90-day delay.

Huawei is also reportedly trying to get European telecoms to offer the App Gallery on Huawei and Honor phones out of the box to help remedy the situation. As for the possible partnership with Aptoide, we’ll have to see how Huawei plans to implement it, should this ban be permanent and detrimental to Huawei’s smartphone business.

oh and Apitoide's Asian HQ is in Singapore.

Aptoide started as a proposal of Paulo Trezentos at the 2009 Caixa Mágica Summer Camp.[4] The proposal was accepted and later became what today is Aptoide. This first stage of development was later developed in the scope of SAPO Summerbits.[5]

The idea behind Aptoide came from different sources. On one hand, the research in Linux installers in Mancoosi European Project,[6] Paulo Trezentos PhD project and Portugal Telecom A5 phone, project where the team participated.

In the end of 2010, it was launched in the Bazaar Android site. Bazaar Android provided the possibility for the users to create their own store. In August 2012, Aptoide and Bazaar Android brands were merged to allow a better communication.[7]

In November 2011, Aptoide was incorporated[8] in Europe.

In 2013, Aptoide received a total of 750.000 euros in seed funding from Portugal Ventures.

In 2015, the company secured a Series A financing round of 3,7 million euros (4 million dollars), led by German venture capital firm e.ventures with co-investment from Gobi Partners (China) and Golden Gate Ventures (Singapore). The investment has allowed Aptoide to grow its team, currently having over 60 employees.[9]

In 2014, Aptoide filed a European Union Antitrust complaint against Google, claiming that Google creates obstacles for users to install third-party app stores, links essential services with Google Play (thus blocking, again, these third-party app stores), and blocks access to Aptoide websites in its Chrome Web browser.[10]

In May 2015, Aptoide announced that it would start its operations in Asia[11] by opening an office in Singapore.

In 2017, Aptoide announced that it would be working with AppCoin and ultimately “enter the digital currency business with the plainly named AppCoins. Launched in conjunction with the 2017 Web Summit edition, the $18 million Initial Coin Offering (ICO) will allow users to use AppCoins to pay each other or for in-app purchases, such as game upgrades.”[12] Appcoin's 200 million users will be incentivized to engage with advertising to earn currency.[13]

Hence, there's no indication its for the CN market only. On the contrary, there IS strong indication that's its gonna to be available for at least the rest of Asia and Europe.

in a way , u r right, though there's no indication that it is soley intended for the CN market only, as can be inferrerd from:

A Portuguese media outlet reports that Aptoide, an open source alternative to the Google Play Store with more than 900,000 apps and more than 100 million users is negotiating with Huawei to develop a viable alternative to the Play Store.

Remember, part of the Huawei ban is that Huawei’s Android license from Google is revoked. This means Huawei would need to resort to AOSP builds for Android and it won’t be allowed to ship devices with Google Play Services. Huawei’s Android license remains intact during the 90-day delay.

Huawei is also reportedly trying to get European telecoms to offer the App Gallery on Huawei and Honor phones out of the box to help remedy the situation. As for the possible partnership with Aptoide, we’ll have to see how Huawei plans to implement it, should this ban be permanent and detrimental to Huawei’s smartphone business.

oh and Apitoide's Asian HQ is in Singapore.

Aptoide started as a proposal of Paulo Trezentos at the 2009 Caixa Mágica Summer Camp.[4] The proposal was accepted and later became what today is Aptoide. This first stage of development was later developed in the scope of SAPO Summerbits.[5]

The idea behind Aptoide came from different sources. On one hand, the research in Linux installers in Mancoosi European Project,[6] Paulo Trezentos PhD project and Portugal Telecom A5 phone, project where the team participated.

In the end of 2010, it was launched in the Bazaar Android site. Bazaar Android provided the possibility for the users to create their own store. In August 2012, Aptoide and Bazaar Android brands were merged to allow a better communication.[7]

In November 2011, Aptoide was incorporated[8] in Europe.

In 2013, Aptoide received a total of 750.000 euros in seed funding from Portugal Ventures.

In 2015, the company secured a Series A financing round of 3,7 million euros (4 million dollars), led by German venture capital firm e.ventures with co-investment from Gobi Partners (China) and Golden Gate Ventures (Singapore). The investment has allowed Aptoide to grow its team, currently having over 60 employees.[9]

In 2014, Aptoide filed a European Union Antitrust complaint against Google, claiming that Google creates obstacles for users to install third-party app stores, links essential services with Google Play (thus blocking, again, these third-party app stores), and blocks access to Aptoide websites in its Chrome Web browser.[10]

In May 2015, Aptoide announced that it would start its operations in Asia[11] by opening an office in Singapore.

In 2017, Aptoide announced that it would be working with AppCoin and ultimately “enter the digital currency business with the plainly named AppCoins. Launched in conjunction with the 2017 Web Summit edition, the $18 million Initial Coin Offering (ICO) will allow users to use AppCoins to pay each other or for in-app purchases, such as game upgrades.”[12] Appcoin's 200 million users will be incentivized to engage with advertising to earn currency.[13]

Hence, there's no indication its for the CN market only. On the contrary, there IS strong indication that's its gonna to be available for at least the rest of Asia and Europe.

Android is at the top that will not do it outside of china, maybe some asian countries or african ones but max

Majority of users dont use anything besides Play store on android. What makes u think they will switch to Chinese app store outside of China? Hell, i have Galaxy S7 and i have never used galaxy app store for anything besides themes and updates for samsung apps that i like such as Shealth, SCalendar, Samsung pay and Samsung Pass. I dont care what other apps are there. In my 2 years of owning this phone i havent even bothered to explore the app section on Galaxy store.

And how does huawei plan on replacing other apps in different markets such as Whatsapp, Gmail, Gmaps and more? there are many more American companies that wont be doing business with huawei and wont make their available on the platform? Launching services to replicate their function is easy, but getting people to migrate is difficult. In India, Whatsapp had a small lead over Hike (Indian app) which has a lot more features than whatsapp and is a perfectly good app, but whatsapp still is market leader by a long margin just because it had the lead.

And do u realize how difficult it is to build an ecosystem? Microsoft had a terrific software, probably the best with social media interaction, low resource demanding and yet it got wiped out of market because it didnt have good app ecosystem.

Huawei's smartphone division will reduce to a domestic company if this ban isnt lifted. Most probably Pakistan will adopt it without any apprehension, but besides China it wont make inroads in other large market.

nope that's not what i asked the other poster. I asked for jsut some simple evidence that Huawei tried, but failed to develop an OS.

no one has given an asnwer yet. your answer is just as similar as his- 'nah they will fail, they cant do it, bla bla bla'

Android is at the top that will not do it outside of china, maybe some asian countries or african ones but max
there u go, more self-opinion, reflective of your inner desire to see Huawei fail, not 'facts'.

I know this because Huawei's biggest market outside China is Europe, not Africa. we are talking about Huawei, not Oppo, Meizhu, Xiaomi that cater more to poor and developing countries like india, Bangadesh, Africa, etc.

1 Huawei phone will costs you more than a year of savings

Last edited:
nope that's not what i asked the other poster. I asked for jsut some simple evidence that Huawei tried, but failed to develop an OS.

no one has given an asnwer yet. your answer is just as similar as his- 'nah they will fail, they cant do it, bla bla bla'

there u go, more self-opinion, reflective of your inner desire to see Huawei fail, not 'facts'.

I kknow this because Huawei's biggest market outside China is Europe, not Africa. we are talking about Huawei, not Oppo, Meizhu, Xiaomi that cater more to poor and developing countries like india, Bangadesh, Africa, etc.

1 Huawei phone will costs you more than a year of saving
Listening to reason? \
This is PDF, we dont do that here.

Lol, if making a mobile os popular among the mass consumers was really that easy then MS would have been successful ages ago, especially considering the fact that they have had years of experience of making OS for pc. Or look at what happened to bada os of Samsung.

Compared to them Huawei is a noob in this department.

The sooner Huawei will realise that they r finished in smartphone manufacturering business, the better it is for them.

The failure of Microsoft's mobile phone business is not due to tech incompetent, on the contrary, Windows on ARM is a technically excellent platform with solid kernel inherited from Windows NT family. They failed to grasp the consumer requirement and quickly adapt to fast changing market, this finally led to their failure of building a successful ecosystem which was the secret why Windows dominated the PC market decades ago.

Huawei is globally top 10 Linux kernel contributor and has the resource and capability to develop a new modern operating system, actually Huawei has many their own operating systems running on different hardware platforms, most are based on BSD or Linux clones. They have 4000 engineers working on various operating systems. Huawei is the largest software company in China by numbers of engineers. The problem here is not whether Huawei could or not, again it's still an ecosystem issue which determines whether Huawei can sustain its growth in especially high end smart phone market to beat Samsung and Apple. For Android, most end users only care the features of apps less concerned with the under running operating system. All Android apps essentially run on a java virtual machine which decouple them from underlying CPU and OS, this make compatibility less an issue than native codes. Huawei has its own JVM implementation, Huawei can even run Android apps on a non-Android, non-ARM system as long as the JVM can seamlessly map the app code into underlying kernel services. Here only the spec of Android apps matters, nothing more from a technical perspective.

I eagerly expect an implementation of RISC-V smart phone from Huawei and other Chinese vendors.

Last edited:
Point anywhere in my post where i said Huawei cant make their own OS. Do u have some comprehension problem?
that's what i asked the other poster. u quoted n replied me on his behalf yourself. now go drink your cow piss instead of talking about technology- it's not what i would associate with people like you lol

thx

I know this because Huawei's biggest market outside China is Europe, not Africa. we are talking about Huawei, not Oppo, Meizhu, Xiaomi that cater more to poor and developing countries like india, Bangadesh, Africa, etc.

1 Huawei phone will costs you more than a year of savings
well whatever...
and that os is still android btw...

well whatever...
and that os is still android btw...
nope, in your case, i mentioned that there's no indication it's for use in CN only. u failed to demonstrate such is the case and even went on to picture Huawei as a low-end brand that caters to poor and devloping countries in Asia and Africa, such as yours.

thx.

that's what i asked the other poster. u quoted n replied me on his behalf yourself. now go drink your cow piss instead of talking about technology- it's not what i would associate with people like you lol

thx
When u cant reply to logic, stoop down to crass language to put down other person. Is this what ur supposedly good education system taught you? @waz unnecessarily using derogatory language.
Anyways, take time, think upon what i said in my 1st post and then if u can find a logical reply (as i see u have been demanding logic and evidence from everyone), come back. Otherwise, dont reply.

When u cant reply to logic, stoop down to crass language to put down other person. Is this what ur supposedly good education system taught you? @waz unnecessarily using derogatory language.
Anyways, take time, think upon what i said in my 1st post and then if u can find a logical reply (as i see u have been demanding logic and evidence from everyone), come back. Otherwise, dont reply.

u said i have comprehension problems, when im merely replying point to point, post by post.

does cow piss have side effects? if so, i apologise i should be more sensitive to your health.

dont quote me again if u cant prove your point. i expect more from u than playing the victim card, jsut because u lost yours and run crying to mods

thx

nope, in your case, i mentioned that there's no indication it's for use in CN only. u failed to demonstrate such is the case and even went on to picture Huawei as a low-end brand that caters to poor and devloping countries in Asia and Africa, such as yours.

thx.

I never said they couldn't use it outside of China... but it's still tailored for CN market...since on the international market...current Android is the king...
If such OS can't compete with current and future Android versions then its doomed to fail or be used for a certain market... period.

But in the end... such os is STILL ANDROID... just with an app store and own updates... so not really a true CN os...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom