What's new

Burma and North East India theater

Trust me on this one, I know what I am talking about. The low quality of leadership has to do with the scrambled egg made in that 190 years, it will continue to affect us for many generations. 65 years is not enough to heal, I think we will need another 65 years, but I know a secret short cut.

Read also your post #178 to which I amreally answering. You are making a mistake by claiming a high quality leadership in 1750s. Mughal and all other muslim empires went rotten, check the history. People and the leaders' mentality was same or similar to what we see today. The political, economic and social leaders were as similarly greedy as they are now without the presence of an ethical value in them.

Was not a weak leadership caused it to collapse by a small thrust from a few dedicated English fighters? Do not say about Plassey, say about all other battles that the Indian Muslims and Hindus have fought against the British.

Thing is, europeans have a kind of disciplines, ethics and other qualities that we do not possess. While they depended on their prior preparation such as building a high quality weapon technology and military strategy, we depended on a divine intervention which never came about.

This is why a small island country of england with a then population less than 10 million in 1757 could have won over a group of half educated people of Bengal who lacked everything that an englishman possessed.

Now, tell us what is your short cut secret route. I hope, it is not the route of Talibanism in the name of a guarantied Paradise by making this world an unliveable Hell.

It's not that Europeans are more disciplined etc but back in those days European countries were constantly at war with themselves which helped them prepare their arsenal well.

Hundred Years' War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Hundred Years' War was a time of military evolution. Weapons, tactics, army structure, and the societal meaning of war all changed, partly in response to the demands of the war, partly through advancement in technology, and partly through lessons that warfare taught.

Before the Hundred Years' War, heavy cavalry was considered the most powerful unit in an army, but by the war's end, this belief had shifted. The heavy horse was increasingly negated by the use of the longbow (and, later, another long-distance weapon: firearms) and fixed defensive positions of men-at-arms — tactics which helped lead to English victories at Crécy and Agincourt. Learning from the Scots, the English began using lightly armoured mounted troops — later called dragoons — who would dismount in order to fight battles. By the end of the Hundred Years' War, this meant a fading of the expensively outfitted, highly trained heavy cavalry, and the eventual end of the armoured knight as a military force and the nobility as a political one.

Also Mughals never cared for education as much as they stretched for arts, for an example when SahJehan was making Taj Mahal, English was laying the foundation stone of Oxford. Those coupled with industrial revolution and renaissance helped Europeans shoot past the rest of the world.

Thanks, but I am really a little confused. Either you or the Daily Star reporter is making a mistake. After reading the news I am more confused. Note that the DS says about per capita GNI (Gross National Income) and not per capita GDP. These two are different from each other. It can be summarized as below:

GNI = (GDP +/- Flow of Money in or out of the country)

In case of USA, money flows out. But, for BD, money comes in from workers throughout the world. Govt. has released remittance figure for the entire year minus 8 days. It is $12.5 billion for that period. Thus, the per capita remittance is about $85.

So, for a per capita GNI of $848, the per capita GDP will become = (GNI - $85) = ($848 - $85) = $763. But, this per capita figure makes our GDP only $112 billion which is absurd, because last year's GDP itself was $115 billion. I wish you or Iajdani help us out of this awkward situation. Thanks in advance.

Thanks, but I am really a little confused. Either you or the Daily Star reporter is making a mistake. After reading the news I am more confused. Note that the DS says about per capita GNI (Gross National Income) and not per capita GDP. These two are different from each other. It can be summarized as below:

GNI = (GDP +/- Flow of Money in or out of the country)

In case of USA, money flows out. But, for BD, money comes in from workers throughout the world. Govt. has released remittance figure for the entire year minus 8 days. It is $12.5 billion for that period. Thus, the per capita remittance is about $85.

So, for a per capita GNI of $848, the per capita GDP will become = (GNI - $85) = ($848 - $85) = $763. But, this per capita figure makes our GDP only $112 billion which is absurd, because last year's GDP itself was $115 billion. I wish you or Iajdani help us out of this awkward situation. Thanks in advance.

I think you are right... and any up and down in gdp value in terms of dollar value mainly because of the conversion rate in between dollar and taka. The following link may help you...

Per capita income up to $ 848

I have shown China's involvement in NE insurgency without a doubt, please look at the date of the article:

‘China given evidence of its aid to NE insurgents’
Sanjib Kr Baruah, Hindustan Times
New Delhi, February 13, 2012

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=189956#ixzz1yrLKmHw7

Thanks for the clarification.

Lol. That's why I chose my words wisely,"Mostly lost interest"(not fully). Insurgency in NEI is dead as dodo and region is gearing up for economic boom.

You can continue with your poont. :laugh:

No please, make it so. Just reading the first couple of pages gave me a big headache. I had an MBA exam today! "><

Main reason was due to sanctions on the country. So, they cannot network much in the past. But now, I'm sure things are on the course of change for Myanmar.

Well...hope you understand the difference between hi-tech e.g software and manufacturing e.g. garments industries . You can set up a garment importing machinery and employing some unskilled, uneducated manpower. This is not the fact for IT, you need skilled, educated professional and to manage them you need higher level HR as well. One main thing is infrastructure for IT which is not yet visible. Our govt. even hasn't been able to establish an IT park yet whereas Bangalore is regional silicon valley now. No industries in BD in fact are not patronized directly by govt., it's the private entrepreneurs who fight and establish their dreams. Without blueprint no industry can advance, miraculously we are doing well without proper guidance be it RMG or IT. I believe we are losing huge revenue on IT sector as we have the merit required for this industry. There are lots of things, that will be epic and I think you also know all these more or less.

wow Bangladesh GDP/capita is increasing by each post it seems! :lol:

Anyway I don't know if you guys are blind or just pretend not to see, but BD gdp/capita is given in the very article provided by Sami.

The per capita Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of Bangladesh has also been boosted by $ 24 to $ 772 or Tk 60,350 in the outgoing fiscal, the survey report showed in the provisional data.

Per capita income up to $ 848

wow Bangladesh GDP/capita is increasing by each post it seems! :lol:

Dnt worry this are all based in 1995 base year... Real figure is way above 1000 usd...which means Bangladesh already has achieved middle income country status. Just to remain in LDC it is not updating.

I think the IMF should come here for its statistics. :bunny:

Its about how many population they count... bd government count it 148 million and IMF 165 million. Logic of Bd government is that in between 8-12.5 million people are living abroad. So they have adjusted it.

By the way this is IMF which is helping Bangladesh to update its economic base year to 2005 from 1995 which you may see a massive rise in GDP... n per capita gdp in between 1100-1400 usd at least.

Dnt worry this are all based in 1995 base year... Real figure is way above 1000 usd...which means Bangladesh already has achieved middle income country status. Just to remain in LDC it is not updating.

Okay I thought you'd bring your hidden economy first. :lol:

Anyway here's the GDP formula for you :

GDP = private consumption + gross investment + government spending + (exports &#8722; imports)

Not sure what this 1995 base is all about! :lol:

Okay I thought you'd bring your hidden economy first. :lol:

Anyway here's the GDP formula for you :

GDP = private consumption + gross investment + government spending + (exports &#8722; imports)

Not sure what this 1995 base is all about! :lol:

1995 base is many and most of the private sector is not counted while measuring GDP... so their contribution is not included in the GDP.

Back
Top Bottom