What's new

Burka Avenger | Pakistan's Animated Female Superhero | Updates & Episodes.

Waisee @Marshmallow @Talon @Hermione G - Do you ladies or the women in your family wear the Burqa ? :unsure:

No one in my family or extended family wears it - the Dupata seems to be the choice of most of the ladies in my family ! :)

My mother and my aunties mostly use chadar... its kinda our culture and me and my cousins use chadar, dupatta and abaya... depends on one's choice..
i mostly prefer dupatta or cotton ki chadar in summer:P

Last edited by a moderator:
Waisee @Marshmallow @Talon @Hermione G - Do you ladies or the women in your family wear the Burqa ? :unsure:

No one in my family or extended family wears it - the Dupata seems to be the choice of most of the ladies in my family ! :)

If by burqa you mean the blue looking Afghani burqa then no....my family looks down at it! But if you mean abaya with niqaab...i am prob the only one in my family who does that but many do use to abaya (more when it is in family)

Let me clear out some more facts,war mongers better stay away from my post and only those can post who are interested to share something healthy.

--In sub-continent,for lot of cultures stayed together,that is why a homogeneous state was created to some extent, ie the cultures of different religions and sects adapted a partial property of one another,that is saris were adopted by few muslim sects and shalwar khameez by Hindus.

--Originally, Hindus and Muslims have different cultures,as religion is reflected in cultural values of a sect,in dominating manner,that is why ,difference is prominent,anyone who denies this fact is fooling himself/herself

We need to understand first,that how and when similarity is adopted by two different culture partially and why difference is still visible?here are the following factors:

--In Sub-continent,two types of nations lived mainly.
>Those who belonged to different land,ie Arab,Afghanistan,Persian,Aryans etc
>The resident class such as old Dravidian,hindus etc

Now how our culture was effected?

--The Arabs,Afghanis,Persians etc brought dress culture like Gharara,jabba etc,they settled here and thus their dresses promoted in India.

--Furthermore,those non-muslims who accepted Islam remained partially connected to their old cultural dress,like saarhi etc,that is why we can see today few muslim women wearing saarhi and hindus of Shalwar khameez

--Most prominently,those nations(eg muslims,british raj) who ruled India,their culture influenced to subject as well and as a result of which hindus adopt Shalwar khameez,pent shirt and vice versa etc following might is right pattern.

nobody wears it in my family too but i dont make fun of them like u just did with mickey mouse wearing burqa...i didnt expect this from you!:no: by doing so you made fun of millions of pakistani and iranian and other muslim women living in the world esp in Pak!

Waisee I didn't make fun of them - I made fun of you.....you...you....you ! :pissed:

English samajhe nahin aaatiii aur English bolneiii aur likhneiii pohaanch jatiii haiii - Paindooo ! :disagree:

At any rate I don't like the Burqa or the Hijab - Its got less to do with Islam & more to do with Arab Culture than the other way around & we're not Arabs !

If by burqa you mean the blue looking Afghani burqa then no....my family looks down at it! But if you mean abaya with niqaab...i am prob the only one in my family who does that but many do use to abaya (more when it is in family)

I thought you only wear the Head-Scarf ! :unsure:

My Grandma wears that sometimes but mostly the Dupata does the same thing !

My mother and my aunties mostly use chadar... its kinda our culture and me and my cousins use chadar, dupatta and abaya... depends on one's choice..

What is difference between dupata and chadar/chador? Here we call the bedsheet or sheet we put over ourselves while slleeping as chaddar.

Can you please post a photograph?

@Talon stop being rude. People are talking and your are getting excited for what?

wah aapi... ap abaya pehnti ho.... cute,,,,:smitten:

When I was in Peshawar, I saw that most women wore a Dupata like Chadar thing ! :)

But yes many women wore an Abaya as well but not that many !

I think in Pashtun Culture the notion of Parda is a bit more readily practiced than it is in say Lahore or Karachi ! :)

Waisee I use a shawl too, with Baluchi Chawat (Chappal) & a Swati Topi with my Shalwar Kameez in the Winters ! :D

But in Summers - Dil chahtaa haii shorts pehan kar phiroon but Mom usually scolds me on that ! :cray:

Waisee I didn't make fun of them - I made fun of you.....you...you....you ! :pissed:

English samajhe nahin aaatiii aur English bolneiii aur likhneiii pohaanch jatiii haiii - Paindooo ! :disagree:

At any rate I don't like the Burqa or the Hijab - Its got less to do with Islam & more to do with Arab Culture than the other way around & we're not Arabs !

I thought you only wear the Head-Scarf ! :unsure:

My Grandma wears that sometimes but mostly the Dupata does the same thing !

no u made fun of them...ur fast has been broken o wait how can u fast when ur of the people who are normally lockd up during ramdan:bunny: :meeting:

When I was in Peshawar, I saw that most women wore a Dupata like Chadar thing ! :)

I think in Pashtun Culture the notion of Parda is a bit more readily practiced than it is in say Lahore or Karachi ! :)

Waisee I use a shawl too, with Baluchi Chawat (Chappal) & a Swati Topi with my Shalwar Kameez in the Winters ! :D

But in Summers - Dil chahtaa haii shorts pehan kar phiroon but Mom usually scolds me on that ! :cray:

well thats our culture and we strictly follow our culture....:)

What is difference between dupata and chadar/chador? Here we call the bedsheet or sheet we put over ourselves while slleeping as chaddar.

Can you please post a photograph?

@Talon stop being rude. People are talking and your are getting excited for what?

its like a thick form of duppatta with a little more in size and usually in one color

my frends who are pathans,when thy go to their villages in KPK on eids or weddings,thy wear the duppattas cus of the culture but when they are back,thy dont
smileys-smiley-with-sign-784150.gif

Bro even over here the trend is for aunties once they really let go post marriage and kids to wear those ultra flowing shalwars that hide the charbi. The sari is worn by shapely ones with patli kamar and nasheeli adayen.

Good to know that. Good for you. Now I see that you associate Sari with 'patli kamar' as you say and Shalwar Kameez with flabby aunties. That is not how it works in Pakistan.

Shorts are not allowed? ? :fie:

Back
Top Bottom