What's new

Buner falls without a fight

Always:

As I have already mentioned, there is nothing stopping Muse from asking probing questions, such as the ones he did in his later posts, nor did he ask the questions you did.

A sarcastic one liner serves no purpose and leads no where.

Beyond that the issue is closed, move back to the topic.

Enigma with his military back ground is yet to explain how a convoy of 20 cars with heavily armed militants drove to Buner which was not in the Swat agreement and entered the city ?
That has been addressed already on this thread has it not? What about the previous answers did you disagree with?

What was the reason for the PA to watch mutely ?

No orders to engage in the area. PA operations remain focused and not open ended all over FATA and PATA, as those of NATO in Afghanistan. That is my understanding.

AM

Why so defensive? It's not just me who has noticed your affinity, while a dozen threads pose question and make incredible inference son R&AW on the lahore terror threads you now have a problem having a resident expert answer simple questions?

I know you will not, cannot afford to reconsider, but that will mean ever more forum members exposing your affinity.

That has been addressed already on this thread has it not? What about the previous answers did you disagree with?

No orders to engage in the area. PA operations remain focused and not open ended all over FATA and PATA, as those of NATO in Afghanistan. That is my understanding.

The question I asked are yet unanswered. Actually they are not mine but from Dawn Newspaper so Mr. shafi's question. I will put them below again

DAWN.COM | Columnists | March of the Taliban

March of the Taliban By Kamran Shafi
Tuesday, 14 Apr

It entered Swabi district at Jhanda village, drove through the district headquarter (the town of Swabi), drove on to the motorway, exited at Mardan, drove through the cantonment of Mardan and, showing their weapons for all to see, went on towards Malakand.

In doing the above, the Taliban broke many laws of the state of Pakistan not least those that prohibit the possession of heavy weapons; showing weapons publicly and so on.

on the federally policed motorway; through an army cantonment – as a matter of fact right past the Punjab Regimental Centre’s shopping plaza containing the usual bakery and pastry-shop run by serving soldiers – and thence through the rest of the crowded city of Mardan which is also the home of the chief minister of the province.

As another, the COAS, Gen Ashfaq Kayani says several weeks after the army handed Swat over to the Taliban that it was ready to face any threat, internal or external! Can you even believe any of this? What is happening to this country of ours; how long will we live in denial;

Question 1. They drove to Buner which did not come under the Swat agreement and broke the law so should not they be punished ?

Question 2. They drove past the Punjab Regiment centre outside the Swat area and were not engaged by the PA ? Did the PA know they were friendly Taliban heading to Buner or maybe even Islamabad ? Please donot mix it with FC incident of the letter which Enigma has replied to.

Question 3. Is what the indian Col asks and so does the Dawn. Is Kiyani and co. living in denial ?

Regards

AM

Why so defensive? It's not just me who has noticed your affinity, while a dozen threads pose question and make incredible inference son R&AW on the lahore terror threads you now have a problem having a resident expert answer simple questions?
Continue dissembling, it is perhaps the only way in which you can construct something tangible out of your conspiracy theory of 'hidden agendas and censorship' over being asked to refrain from sarcasm.

Have I prevented Enigma, or anyone else, from answering AN or your questions? Have I deleted his post as being redundant?

I have asked AN to explain, for my own curiosity, why previous answers to the same questions were not satisfactory. He may choose to ignore me, and continue with his questions posed to Enigma, or he may respond to me and continue. What does that have to do with censorship here?
I know you will not, cannot afford to reconsider, but that will mean ever more forum members exposing your affinity.
I do not have to reconsider an imaginary position attributed to me by you, based on your conspiracy theories.

Back to topic please.

Question 1. They drove to Buner which did not come under the Swat agreement and broke the law so should not they be punished ?

Question 2. They drove past the Punjab Regiment centre outside the Swat area and were not engaged by the PA ? Did the PA know they were friendly Taliban heading to Buner or maybe even Islamabad ? Please donot mix it with FC incident of the letter which Enigma has replied to.

Question 3. Is what the indian Col asks and so does the Dawn. Is Kiyani and co. living in denial ?
I did offer my explanation on this - the Pakistani Military is not in an open ended engagement in the region, and therefore will not engage in offensive operations unless specifically ordered to.

Under the RoE in place (AFAIK) so long as the militants did not attack the military, the military is ordered not to respond.

As such, the responsibility for the lack of response falls upon the NWFP government and local law enforcement.

AM

You have already ceded that my posts were deleted and edited - what must be answered is why these posts but no tthe posts of islamists who express support of talib, albeit underhanded, by expressing support for the imposition of shariah in Pakistan -- All readers should see nizam e adl thread - none of that was offensive to the forum rules and the fine sensibilities of our AM, what he says is sarcasm just really burns him up.:rofl:

Bythe AM that is not sarcasm, it as plain as I can make it.

What's incredible to me is it should be Pakistanis on this forum asking these questions and yet some imagine they are osterichs - when even those who are leaders, engage in the same behaviour, one must conclude that all is not as it should be.

I did offer my explanation on this - the Pakistani Military is not in an open ended engagement in the region, and therefore will not engage in offensive operations unless specifically ordered to.

Under the RoE in place (AFAIK) so long as the militants did not attack the military, the military is ordered not to respond.

As such, the responsibility for the lack of response falls upon the NWFP government and local law enforcement.

In this case its the TTP driving to Buner which was an offensive action and the PA was on the defensive as they drove up to the Army Base so theory of ROE is not valid.

How did the Punjab Regiment know that the Taliban was going to Buner for peacefull purpose ?

Does this not make mockery of Kiyani's claim that PA is ready to face internal threats and strengthen the claim of the Indian col ?

So by your analogy above, the next time 1000 heavily armed Taliban drive openly with guns but peacefully to Islamabad for a cup of tea you would be happy if the PA waves them thru ?

Regards

Question 2. They drove past the Punjab Regiment centre outside the Swat area and were not engaged by the PA ? Did the PA know they were friendly Taliban heading to Buner or maybe even Islamabad ?

Mr. AN,

Isn't this become the biggest issue of them all, to differiate between good and bad taliban. Nevertheless, Buner is a acid test of what's to come in the future. Taliban tactic are clearly divide and conquor, and town by town they will.

AM

You have already ceded that my posts were deleted and edited - what must be answered is why these posts but no tthe posts of islamists who express support of talib, albeit underhanded, by expressing support for the imposition of shariah in Pakistan -- All readers should see nizam e adl thread - none of that was offensive to the forum rules and the fine sensibilities of our AM, what he says is sarcasm just really burns him up.:rofl:

Bythe AM that is not sarcasm, it as plain as I can make it.

What's incredible to me is it should be Pakistanis on this forum asking these questions and yet some imagine they are osterichs - when even those who are leaders, engage in the same behaviour, one must conclude that all is not as it should be.

Actually I said that if your posts were deleted they were deleted because of the reasons mentioned and if you disagreed with any of those deletions you can argue against them, as others have done.

Your argument if censorship remain unsubstantiated.

If people wish to express support for Shairah, that is their right, we will not censor them, just as we will not censor those who wish to argue against Shariah - this was a unanimous decision by the the forum team.

The only one demanding censorship here is you, whilst your accusations against me border on the ludicrous with ramblings about 'amalgamated threads' and multiple 'RAW did Lahore' threads' being open (which by the way you still have not pointed out to me so that I can merge them).

Get a grip, and move back to the topic please.

Question 2. They drove past the Punjab Regiment centre outside the Swat area and were not engaged by the PA ? Did the PA know they were friendly Taliban heading to Buner or maybe even Islamabad ?

Mr. AN,

Isn't this become the biggest issue of them all, to differiate between good and bad taliban. Nevertheless, Buner is a acid test of what's to come in the future. Taliban tactic are clearly divide and conquor, and town by town they will.

Seems they have read some British history after all of devide and rule!

:coffee:

DAWN.COM | Columnists | March of the Taliban

ON Saturday, March 11, a convoy of 10 double-cabin four-wheel drive pick-up trucks loaded with Taliban armed with every description of portable weapons – Kalashnikovs, rocket launchers, heavy machine guns – drove from Daggar the headquarters of Buner district to the villages of Sohawa and Dagai in Buner.

It entered Swabi district at Jhanda village, drove through the district headquarter (the town of Swabi), drove on to the motorway, exited at Mardan, drove through the cantonment of Mardan and, showing their weapons for all to see, went on towards Malakand.

In doing the above, the Taliban broke many laws of the state of Pakistan not least those that prohibit the possession of heavy weapons; showing weapons publicly and so on. They drove through a district HQ of a district they have not yet occupied (but are well on the way sooner rather than later, given the non-governance being exhibited by the ANP non-government of the Frontier); on the federally policed motorway; through an army cantonment – as a matter of fact right past the Punjab Regimental Centre’s shopping plaza containing the usual bakery and pastry-shop run by serving soldiers – and thence through the rest of the crowded city of Mardan which is also the home of the chief minister of the province.

dawn.com these days are behaving just like that some member from TT here on the forum to prove itself secular and accuse those of being "patriotic blind" who are trying to differ them.

Let me point out many lies in the above master piece by dawn.com

1. There is no village by the name of Shohawa in district Buner. Sohawa is in Rawalpindi.

2. The second biggest lie is that the site mentioned that taliban drove from Buner districts to the other villages of same district and then they entred Swabi from Buner (what a bunch of idiots believing this) because Swabi is at a long distance from Buner and only idiots will take risk to drove to a far away area instead of taking short route.

Anyways to be continued the dawn further stated that after entering into Swabi they entered Mardan and from Mardan they drove to Malakand.

Now all i can say :crazy: because the areas of Buner where they Taliban entred have an immediate border with Swat and these taliban entred Buner from those bodering Swat areas. Now the only route they will take for Malakand is to enter Swat from Buner not to risk driving miles and miles up to Mardan and then spend hours and hours to go back to Malakand.

i realy feel pitty those who do not know the area and reality start pouring gems about us.

AM

You are exposed - Like I said before, you will use the forum to promote points of view of those who threaten Pakistan and to deflect attention elsewhere - more and more people will see this

then ofcourse they will ask whether this is the purpose of forum - a question that will be of griwing interest, unless it is addressed, to satisfaction, of course. :pakistan:

In this case its the TTP driving to Buner which was an offensive action and the PA was on the defensive as they drove up to the Army Base so theory of ROE is not valid.

How did the Punjab Regiment know that the Taliban was going to Buner for peacefull purpose ?

Does this not make mockery of Kiyani's claim that PA is ready to face internal threats and strengthen the claim of the Indian col ?
It is about RoE. When I said the PA cannot take offensive action, that extends to any area where they are not engaged in an ongoing operation. That would include Waziristan, Swat and elsewhere.

AFAIK, the only agency in which the PA is authorized to take offensive action in at this point is Mohmand and perhaps Bajaur still, due to the recent military operations.

Therefore it does not matter what the Punjab Regiment's shipping center staff knew - they were not authorized to engage - that responsibility rests with the NWFP Government and LEA's.

So by your analogy above, the next time 1000 heavily armed Taliban drive openly with guns but peacefully to Islamabad for a cup of tea you would be happy if the PA waves them thru ?
I doubt the Federal Government would not order the PA to act in that situation, but technically your point is correct - the PA would have to let such a convoy through in the absence of any orders authorizing offensive action from the government.

dawn.com these days are behaving just like that some member from TT here on the forum to prove itself secular and accuse those of being "patriotic blind" who are trying to differ them.

I realy feel pitty those who do not know the area and reality start pouring gems about us.

Its a pakistani journalist from a reputed Pakistani news paper giving us this news and not the CIA, however once again as Muse says you have missed the forest to hit the trees. You have not answered any of the questions (I )actually the journalist has asked other than pointing out difference of traffic density found on M4 and M25. After all the TTP did drive to Buner with weapons openly or is that a figment of everyones imagination to.

Regards

Back
Top Bottom