What's new

Buner falls without a fight

I have read all about SWAT and the agreement. Wales in UK has its own Parliament and is actually autonomous in the true sense but that does not stop the BA from having a base there.

Please stop telling everybody that they are ignorant and only you know the solution. You might as well give them independance then maintain this facade.

Regards

Ok genious it's my turn to ask questions.
Why wouldn't such cases happen in the so called outlawed regions of Pakistan before 9/11?? And you better answer.

BTW here is the detail of the areas that constitute Pakistan

Provinces:

1. Balochistan
2. North-West Frontier Province (NWFP)
3. Punjab
4. Sindh

Territories:

5. Islamabad Capital Territory (IST)
6. Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA)
7. Azad Jammu and Kashmir (or simply Azad Kashmir) (AJK)
8. Northern Areas (FANA)

* Balochistan and NWFP also have Provincially Administered Tribal Areas.(PATA)

i wonder why don't they have problems.

Ok genious it's my turn to ask questions.
Why wouldn't such cases happen in the so called outlawed regions of Pakistan before 9/11?? And you better answer.

BTW here is the detail of the areas that constitute Pakistan

Provinces:

1. Balochistan
2. North-West Frontier Province (NWFP)
3. Punjab
4. Sindh

Territories:

5. Islamabad Capital Territory (IST)
6. Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA)
7. Azad Jammu and Kashmir (or simply Azad Kashmir) (AJK)
8. Northern Areas (FANA)

* Balochistan and NWFP also have Provincially Administered Tribal Areas.(PATA)

i wonder why don't they have problems.

Are you saying they don't have problems ? They always had problems but the media did not care a Flying FCK till 9/11.

Balochistan was always a problem.
AJK was always a problem.
FATA and NWFP were always problems.
East Pakistan was always a problem.

The reason most lived blissfully unaware of these problems was due to the lack of proper media in pakistan something which has come up in the last 10 years.

Regards

This talk about pathan psychology is just cover for the rot and crap people / politcians try to hid behind. The basic reason is that after 50 years you have been unable to bring them into the mainstream or give them a durable Pakistani identity and now its just too late.

Regards

Ok smartie, let me put this straight!

The process of rehabilitation, construction of roads, schools, giving them subsidies, construction of several other project and making of Cantonments in those regions was ONLY being done for the same reason that you said above: bringing them into mainstream Pakistan, BUT a BIG BUT, thanks to you War on Terror all got screwed up.

Try to find me a single suicide attack inside the Pakistan or Kashmir since our independence!!

Thanks for bringing your war at our door steps.

You got us screwed in the Afghan jihad against the Soviets and then you left us as a used **** to handle the 3 million refugees turned the militants.

Thankyou West!!

Ok smartie, let me put this straight!

The process of rehabilitation, construction of roads, schools, giving them subsidies, construction of several other project and making of Cantonments in those regions was ONLY being done for the same reason that you said above: bringing them into mainstream Pakistan, BUT a BIG BUT, thanks to you War on Terror all got screwed up.

Try to find me a single suicide attack inside the Pakistan or Kashmir since our independence!!

Thanks for bringing your war at our door steps.

You got us screwed in the Afghan jihad against the Soviets and then you left us as a used **** to handle the 3 million refugees turned the militants.

Thankyou West!!

Blaming West for whats ails you is like Blaming the Bed for Sex. You actively colluded and promoted these pawns and now its comeback to bite you on your bottom you don't where to run for cover. Remember Zia and the three other nations who recognised the Taliban regime ?

Regards

Blaming West for whats ails you is like Blaming the Bed for Sex. You actively colluded and promoted these pawns and now its comeback to bite you on your bottom you don't where to run for cover. Remember Zia and the three other nations who recognised the Taliban regime ?

Regards

US too recognized taliban and only started to distance themselves when they were no longer needed as soviets got defeated, unfortunately we weren't that lucky because we shared a common border with them.

Are you saying they don't have problems ? They always had problems but the media did not care a Flying FCK till 9/11.

Balochistan was always a problem.
AJK was always a problem.
FATA and NWFP were always problems.
East Pakistan was always a problem.

The reason most lived blissfully unaware of these problems was due to the lack of proper media in pakistan something which has come up in the last 10 years.

Regards
Lozz..
It;s just like as if you suggesting that after 9/11 all got pumped with new intellect and before that everybody was an idiot!!

Or may be all of a sudden Geo and ARY came to the level of CNN and BBC, come on you can do better then this.

Come up with something solid, mind to quote some sources and events.

Firing in the air will not get the birds down!

BTW you left the first part of the question unattended.;)

Always Neutral:

The rise of the Taliban insurgency in Pakistan is directly related to the US invasion of Afghanistan - trying to argue 'media presence' as an explanation for that is really disingenuous.

The media was not covering the creation of Taliban groups, the killings of hundreds of Tribal elders, surging recruitment and attacks from a decade ago - all of this happened post US invasion. It became regular front page news in Pakistan when the backlash against the PA deployment turned into regular suicide bombings and attacks on PA/FC soldiers.

The catalyst for the Taliban expansion in Pakistan was the US invasion - that is clear.

US too recognized taliban and only started to distance themselves when they were no longer needed as soviets got defeated, unfortunately we weren't that lucky because we shared a common border with them.

Please provide a link that USA recognised the Taliban regime ?

Meanwhile read this and see how dirty your hands are.

Pakistan: "The Taliban's Godfather"?

Washington D.C., August 14, 2007 - A collection of newly-declassified documents published today detail U.S. concern over Pakistan's relationship with the Taliban during the seven-year period leading up to 9-11. This new release comes just days after Pakistan's president, Gen. Pervez Musharraf, acknowledged that, "There is no doubt Afghan militants are supported from Pakistan soil." While Musharraf admitted the Taliban were being sheltered in the lawless frontier border regions, the declassified U.S. documents released today clearly illustrate that the Taliban was directly funded, armed and advised by Islamabad itself.

I think thisis again deteriorating into a flame war. I'd request posters to refrain from asking rhetorical questions like "Why does Pak Army do this" or "Why won't western armies pack up and leave" . It gets the people worked up and they respond in kind instead of with facts.

Thanks to Agnostic Muslim for trying to respond with facts and links when possible. I can put myself in his shoes and think of a similar comments about Assam and India being posted here and I'd certainly be pissed off.

Pak shares a common border with India too but distances itself when it chooses.

It does not matter who did what.. what is relevant where do we go from here. Is there a way out keeping the essentials intact ?

Always Neutral:

The rise of the Taliban insurgency in Pakistan is directly related to the US invasion of Afghanistan - trying to argue 'media presence' as an explanation for that is really disingenuous.

The media was not covering the creation of Taliban groups, the killings of hundreds of Tribal elders, surging recruitment and attacks from a decade ago - all of this happened post US invasion. It became regular front page news in Pakistan when the backlash against the PA deployment turned into regular suicide bombings and attacks on PA/FC soldiers.

The catalyst for the Taliban expansion in Pakistan was the US invasion - that is clear.

Then why did you allow them to grow to the proportions that from slaves they became ur equals and now is some areas the masters ?

Regards

Declassified State Department cables and U.S. intelligence reports describe the use of Taliban terrorist training areas in Afghanistan by Pakistani-supported militants in Kashmir, as well as Pakistan's covert effort to supply Pashtun troops from its tribal regions to the Taliban cause in Afghanistan-effectively forging and reinforcing Pashtun bonds across the border and consolidating the Taliban's severe form of Islam throughout Pakistan's frontier region.

Also published today are documents linking Harakat ul-Ansar, a militant Kashmiri group funded directly by the government of Pakistan, [Doc 10] to terrorist training camps shared by Osama bin Laden in Taliban-controlled Afghanistan.

The locals refused to allow the Military into Buner, claiming they could keep the Taliban out themselves through negotiations and 'lashkar'.

Their contention was that a military presence would attract the Taliban, and the ensuing conflict was not worth it.

AM, it is a sad event in our history to give in to such scum without making them bleed!!!

That is what is being reflected here and there...Its not worth it...that is the mentality we have started showing...utterly pathetic as a Pakistani to see this state of affairs.
Army can deal with the Taliban, i have no doubt about it but if the people are defeated mentally then what can be done?
If the battle is drawn like this then we have to fight even if the people of the area have given up.
It is better to force the writ of the government on the people rather than let TTP take control and spread a disease in the name of Islam.

Sadly our people will think it as a struggle for Sharia and will wake up only when they find out that Islam will be quite strict with beard lengths and hair cuts...After all its all about the look and who gives a rats *** about what Muslims like us think....we are all infidels in the books of TTP.

Welcome to the glorious age of FM Mullahs and Sharia by popular demand (with a gun to the head)...life is a blast with the suicidal maniacs...

Please provide a link that USA recognised the Taliban regime ?

Pakistan: "The Taliban's Godfather"?

Washington D.C., August 14, 2007 - A collection of newly-declassified documents published today detail U.S. concern over Pakistan's relationship with the Taliban during the seven-year period leading up to 9-11. This new release comes just days after Pakistan's president, Gen. Pervez Musharraf, acknowledged that, "There is no doubt Afghan militants are supported from Pakistan soil." While Musharraf admitted the Taliban were being sheltered in the lawless frontier border regions, the declassified U.S. documents released today clearly illustrate that the Taliban was directly funded, armed and advised by Islamabad itself.

Dude seriously are you kidding me, pray tell me who funded the so called jihad during the soviet era and pray tell me who encouraged the madrassa culture and to prepare people against the soviet aggression.

Lets move off emotive arguments. No ones hands are clean in Afghanistan. The taliban were one faction in a civil war as were the Northern Alliance supported by India and others, and both sides committed atrocities.

The US may not have officially supported the Taliban, but it definitely was not averse to negotiating with them through intermediaries for US business interests (Oil and gas pipelines).

AM, it is a sad event in our history to give in to such scum without making them bleed!!!

That is what is being reflected here and there...Its not worth it...that is the mentality we have started showing...utterly pathetic as a Pakistani to see this state of affairs.
Army can deal with the Taliban, i have no doubt about it but if the people are defeated mentally then what can be done?
If the battle is drawn like this then we have to fight even if the people of the area have given up.
It is better to force the writ of the government on the people rather than let TTP take control and spread a disease in the name of Islam.

Sadly our people will think it as a struggle for Sharia and will wake up only when they find out that Islam will be quite strict with beard lengths and hair cuts...After all its all about the look and who gives a rats *** about what Muslims like us think....we are all infidels in the books of TTP.

Welcome to the glorious age of FM Mullahs and Sharia by popular demand (with a gun to the head)...life is a blast with the suicidal maniacs...

Sadly true - were these Russian, Christian neo-nazi's, they would not have lasted days. But since these extremists have wrapped themselves in the garb of 'Shariah', people are open to 'accommodation'.

Back
Top Bottom