What's new

Bullet trains for India with Indo-China Strategic Economic Dialogue

Well, this is the sort of "development" that feed right into Maoists, their movement and their sympathizers. This is exactly what makes ppl support their cause.

Don;t you guys see how water treatment/sewage/santitation can be profitable? It won;t make you rich but it if it can operate without a loss it should be considered. Drinking water is not a luxury but a necessity. Education may not be profitable yet but it pay off in the end don;t you think? I think if we build bullet trains, we will be ignoring key fundamental building blocks for India;s future.

Railway budget and budget for social development is different, spending on one is completely independent from the other.

Well, this is the sort of "development" that feed right into Maoists, their movement and their sympathizers. This is exactly what makes ppl support their cause.
beauty of democracy isn't it? we all have a right to voice our opinion. but steps are taken for the greatest good for the masses. Us delhiites had our fair share of idiots who didnt want metro. i'm pretty sure they are a frequent traveler now.

I'm still waiting on a sound argument why feasibility studies shouldn't be carried out? for all you know, they may advise against implementing an HSR.

^we have yet to hear an argument from you, why the feasibility studies are such a bad thing?

+1

Railway budget and budget for social development is different, spending on one is completely independent from the other.
@trinity : buddy, why are you confusing the investment plans ? Every cent is not planned and spent by ONE agency.. funds are disbursed before the financial cycle and they are to take their own decision.
What civic and sanitation department does is no way related to Indian railways.. PERIOD !!

And INDIAN RAILWAYS is just doing a feasibility studies !!

Last edited by a moderator:
^we have yet to hear an argument from you, why the feasibility studies are such a bad thing?

Nothing wrong with studies. Did I say anything about studies? When you look at the population of India remember the middle class and rich combined are not half the population. There is a larger poorer group that is not flexing its muscle yet. While this bullet train may be profitable, it doesn;t help India overall as a priority. For this group, not worrying where they will get their next meal, access to water and access to education for their children would be a dream come true.

+1

@trinity : buddy, why are you confusing the investment plans ? Every cent is not planned and spent by ONE agency.. funds are disbursed before the financial cycle and they are to take their own decision.
What civic and sanitation department does is no way related to Indian railways.. PERIOD !!

And INDIAN RAILWAYS is just doing a feasibility studies !!

Ok got it.

Last edited by a moderator:
^would you like to wait till the studies are completed and results published?

beauty of democracy isn't it? we all have a right to voice our opinion. but steps are taken for the greatest good for the masses. Us delhiites had our fair share of idiots who didnt want metro. i'm pretty sure they are a frequent traveler now.

I'm still waiting on a sound argument why feasibility studies shouldn't be carried out? for all you know, they may advise against implementing an HSR.

You keep on pointing out Metro but that's not the problem here. Its quite different actually if you analyze it. Metro's can do more good than harm for a large growing city. Management or mismanagment is an entirely different thing.

You keep on pointing out Metro but that's not the problem here. Its quite different actually if you analyze it. Metro's can do more good than harm for a large growing city. Management or mismanagment is an entirely different thing.
the principles of project management are fairly similar. i use the metro example since it is one of the newer projects india has undertaken.
in any case, since you have made it clear that you are not against feasibility studies, why dont we wait till the results are out. we can discuss the pros-cons at that stage.

^would you like to wait till the studies are completed and results published?

Sure, but I would also prefer studies to be conducted on how to make superior education more accesible in India. I would also like feasibility studies conducted on how to make water more accessible, cleaner, safer and how to deal with the coming shortages more effectively. Also, studies on how to deal with Sanitation more effectively. Mind all of these studies should show profitably. Publish all reports and see which may make the most money. If it is Bullet trains so be it. Let the profits from that project fund another one of these projects mentioned. I wouldn;t put it to a vote coz there being more poor ppl they would vote otherwise without profitably in mind

the principles of project management are fairly similar. i use the metro example since it is one of the newer projects india has undertaken.
in any case, since you have made it clear that you are not against feasibility studies, why dont we wait till the results are out. we can discuss the pros-cons at that stage.

Sure, but could you tell me the metro in Kolata was not managed properly? Or are there other factors involved that made the metro there inferior to the one in Delhi?

^let the viability studies be completed. it would make things far clearer. no need to get your panties in a bunch

same applies to you also :P
you too should not support them till the studies are clear.

A FACT :

Just a little bit of quantitative analytics here... for a train to cover 1000KM in 5 hours, it has to travel at nearly 300kmph, considering the time it will need to stop in intermediate stops.. !!

the 300 km/hr train would also need to stop at all the stations like the 200 KM/hr train would need to. That time is common to both trains. You can add it to the travel time to both doesnt make difference.

So the time saving for TRAVELLING from Kashmir to Kerala (3000 KMs journey) is MAX 5 hours. So dont want India to spend Trillions more (if 300 KM/hr is really that expensive compared to 200 KM/hr) to save a mearge 5 hours that too while travelling across the Indian length from Kashmir to Kerala!

Also for anyone who supports the 300 KM/hr trains over 200 Km/hr trains for India:

Assuming
a) India also has the money to build 300 Km/hr
b) financially also it comes out to be profitable. But
c) life time costs of 300 km/hr is 5 times more then 200 Km/hr

why to spend Many Billions More on 300 KM/hr train when I see only MEARGE saving in time in going from 200 KM/hr to 300 KM/hr?

whats the time benefit even if 300 Km/hr is profitable? Nothing much. Also as I assumed 300 KM to be profitable, the 200 KM would be 5 times more profitable. (as I assumed lifetime costs of 200 KM/hr to be 5 times less).

So overall I want the 300 KM/hr to be used IF AND ONLY IF the lifetime costs of 300 KM/Hr are within 1.1 to 1.4 of the lifetime costs of 200 KM.hr.

I would not spend even 2x times on 300 KM/hr as compared to 200 Km/hr when there is JUST NO benefit in time saving (MEARGE 5 hours time saving)

look at it from this point and obviously we do not want India to waste money and we want India to get a good system and also utilize its money properly.

I don't think that India needs a bullet train system at all. You are slow, unsufficient, and behind theworld, why do you need such a fast system?

Pls don't get mad just because I am a Chinese, ask youselves if this is a real good thing to you?

Sure, but I would also prefer studies to be conducted on how to make superior education more accesible in India. I would also like feasibility studies conducted on how to make water more accessible, cleaner, safer and how to deal with the coming shortages more effectively. Also, studies on how to deal with Sanitation more effectively. Mind all of these studies should show profitably. Publish all reports and see which may make the most money. If it is Bullet trains so be it. Let the profits from that project fund another one of these projects mentioned. I wouldn;t put it to a vote coz there being more poor ppl they would vote otherwise without profitably in mind

that would be up to the appropriate authorities, no? surely you don't expect IR to conduct research for ministry of education etc.

Sure, but could you tell me the metro in Kolata was not managed properly? Or are there other factors involved that made the metro there inferior to the one in Delhi?
the single biggest reason the kolkata's mess of a metro, in my humble opinion; govt interference. that is why DMRC and many others after it, have been run by independent organizations. in many cases DMRC has been the consultant as well.

same applies to you also :P
you too should not support them till the studies are clear.
i'm only supporting the studies. if the results advise against it, i would be the first one to agree.

I don't think that India needs a bullet train system at all. You are slow, unsufficient, and behind theworld, why do you need such a fast system?

Pls don't get mad just because I am a Chinese, ask youselves if this is real good thing to you?
it is hard to be offended by retards. no worries mate

Listen my grandfather;s generation didn;t have to deal with water pollution and othe problems we are facing today. Sure, maybe they didn;t have as much industrial development as they today but that;s not the real problem. My grandfather and father (when he was young) would go fishing in the rivers of Kerala. The water was so clean and pure, you could see tons of fish swimming freely in the water. Now, it is a different story. The waters are polluted so badly and the fisheries are declining at a rapid rate. Nothing to do with over fishing. This is due to one thing and one thing only. The lack of fundamental proper laws to deal with our development. We have no oversight. In the span of barely one generation, India is on a fast track to being an ecological disaster. I am no Greenie but mark my words unless you take notice, this will affect your children and their children sooner than you think.

Listen my grandfather;s generation didn;t have to deal with water pollution and othe problems we are facing today. Sure, maybe they didn;t have as much industrial development as they today but that;s not the real problem. My grandfather and father (when he was young) would go fishing in the rivers of Kerala. The water was so clean and pure, you could see tons of fish swimming freely in the water. Now, it is a different story. The waters are polluted so badly and the fisheries are declining at a rapid rate. Nothing to do with over fishing. This is due to one thing and one thing only. The lack of fundamental proper laws to deal with our development. We have no oversight. In the span of barely one generation, India is on a fast track to being an ecological disaster. I am no Greenie but mark my words unless you take notice, this will affect your children and their children sooner than you think.
you may want to contact the ministry of environmental preservation. no use trumpeting your horn in front of Indian railways.

i'm surprised having to explain this.

that would be up to the appropriate authorities, no? surely you don't expect IR to conduct research for ministry of education etc.

the single biggest reason the kolkata's mess of a metro, in my humble opinion; govt interference. that is why DMRC and many others after it, have been run by independent organizations. in many cases DMRC has been the consultant as well.

i'm only supporting the studies. if the results advise against it, i would be the first one to agree.

it is hard to be offended by retards. no worries mate

I agree with everything you stated.

that would be up to the appropriate authorities, no? surely you don't expect IR to conduct research for ministry of education etc

I agree but in order for studies to conducted, the govt has to approve and fund them initially right? If that is the case, then this again comes down to an ineffective govt run by illerate, no vision, no common sense, good for nothing politicans.

Back
Top Bottom