What's new

Bukhari calls stir anti-Islam, tells Muslims to stay away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bukhari calls stir anti-Islam, tells Muslims to stay away

NEW DELHI: Syed Ahmed Bukhari, Shahi Imam of Delhi's Jama Masjid, has called upon Muslims to stay away from the Anna movement saying his war cry - Vande Mataram and Bharat Mata Ki Jai - are against Islam.

"Islam does not condone the worship of the nation or land. It does not even condone worship of the mother who nurtures a child in her womb. How can Muslims then join his stir with a war cry that is against the basic tenets of Islam. I have advised them to stay away," Bukhari told TOI.

Someone should tell this chap that silence is a virtue.

What a dumba$$ to tell people that their nation and mother's are not worth giving their soul for.

What a dumba$$ to tell people that their nation and mother's are not worth giving their soul for.

HE is not saying that the nation isnot worth giving their souls for he simply said you cant worship them. Nothing wrong init. I wonder why are you burning along with the other so called freedom lovers who cant tolerate a statement from a man and resort to cheap tactics. Typical hypocrites.

Kongress played all cards, lets see one by one

1. RSS card : Anna is backed by fascist RSS
2. USA card: Anna is backed by USA. Foreign hand..
3. Dalit card:
4. Muslim card...
5. Mud sledging card: anna is corrupt.

the ahole must be taught a good lesson. Modi is the right man for the job

HE is not saying that the nation isnot worth giving their souls for he simply said you cant worship them. Nothing wrong init. I wonder why are you burning along with the other so called freedom lovers who cant tolerate a statement from a man and resort to cheap tactics. Typical hypocrites.

I don't know, man. To me, what he is saying almost sounds like "my religion is more important than my mum or nation". Nation, maybe. Mum? If someone were to ask you, pick one. Your mum or your religion, what would you choose?

Anyway, his own business to say what he likes. I don't agree with his statement though.

That's where the problem lies. The slogans he refers to do not refer to worship at all. Besides, this isn't about a religion. It's about the way politicians are working. Absolutely foolish of the preacher to have said this.

Syed Ahmed Bukhari says:

"Islam does not condone the worship of the nation or land."

Now where in the Quran has this been mentioned? I'll eat my Mexican hat if this is the case!

I don't know, man. To me, what he is saying almost sounds like "my religion is more important than my mum or nation". Nation, maybe. Mum? If someone were to ask you, pick one. Your mum or your religion, what would you choose?

Anyway, his own business to say what he likes. I don't agree with his statement though.
i will choose mum and family over some stupid beliefs.

Quite true what you say. I strongly believe in the following.
‎"What religion a man shall have is a historical accident, quite as much as what language he shall speak."

Syed Ahmed Bukhari says:

"Islam does not condone the worship of the nation or land."

Now where in the Quran has this been mentioned? I'll eat my Mexican hat if this is the case!

see this quran is a vague and ambiguous document written by mohammed for a a very different kind of society about 1500 yrs ago. different people interpret it according to their wishes and cause problem for the whole world.

Why would someone really give me a choice between my mom and my religion. It dont even make sense, and yes religion has its own importance and not only inmy life but in every one else's. And you cant mix the two, what I have understood and I agree to is you cant worship your country. You can revere it, you can be patriotic, but you cant worship it. And I see nothing wrong in the statement from the prospect of my religion.

Why would someone really give me a choice between my mom and my religion. It dont even make sense, and yes religion has its own importance and not only inmy life but in every one else's. And you cant mix the two, what I have understood and I agree to is you cant worship your country. You can revere it, you can be patriotic, but you cant worship it. And I see nothing wrong in the statement from the prospect of my religion.

No one is arguing that. Show me one phrase which has asked people to worship the country?

A pakistani is talking about toleration.. wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww i am surprised.

No one is asking for praying. Vande matram translates to i salute you thy mother. i guess in Pakistan the armed forces do not salute their seniors either.

Woh the infamous indian troll is getting surprised when a Pakistani says something. But didnt this Pakistani also tell you this sweet heart that I really dont give a sh!t about what you think. Then why do you cross my path time and again like a dheet insan. shuuu.

In any mixed society your slogans should remain secular in nature. This was the initial thing that irked Muslims to form a Pakistan, when Gandhi started talking about the glorious principles of Sachagra and Ahimsa.

That's where the problem lies. The slogans he refers to do not refer to worship at all. Besides, this isn't about a religion. It's about the way politicians are working. Absolutely foolish of the preacher to have said this.

Dude I dont understand the sunskrit version of it, so I will take the Imams word for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom