What's new

Bukalapak: The multibillion-dollar business behind Indonesia’s iconic street stalls

What will people be consulting with this firm?
Edited
With experience, I am thinking to assist scholar in writing a PhD thesis, or procure relevant machines for specific industry such as boiler/heat exchanger, vibration analysis machine, or how to secure funding for industrial/govt projects for making a new device or to conduct some studies for instance, improved water filtration plants. The options are many.

Last edited:
With experience, I am thinking how to write a PhD thesis, or procure relevant machines for specific industry, or how to secure funding for industrial/govt projects. The options are many.
This will require some people insane marketing. How will you convince people and organizations to consult you for advice?

This will require some people insane marketing. How will you convince people and organizations to consult you for advice?
If one goes into the field, then he should be good at making connection, have good reviews and need a platform to advertise.. Plus, it is not necessary that he shd know all.. All he needs to know relevant people. So that he can connect the buyer to the relevant people. That is the crux of the consultancy that the buyer poses his problems, and the consultant finds a solution for him, not necessarily providing the final product.

Also, I have edited the last post. You can see what are the areas.

If one goes into the field, then he should be good at making connection, have good reviews and need a platform to advertise.. Plus, it is not necessary that he shd know all.. All he needs to know relevant people. So that he can connect the buyer to the relevant people. That is the crux of the consultancy that the buyer poses his problems, and the consultant finds a solution for him, not necessarily providing the final product.

Also, I have edited the last post. You can see what are the areas.
I always had a hard time understanding consultancy firms. Starting part seems incredibly difficult. It must be incredibly hard to convince people to come to your firm for consultancy when there are so many other consultancy firms out there.

I always had a hard time understanding consultancy firms. Starting part seems incredibly difficult. It must be incredibly hard to convince people to come to your firm for consultancy when there are so many other consultancy firms out there.
Yes.. it is difficult.. I can gauge it after some experience. if not suitable then I cna continue my job. Google advert are extremely helpful in this regard. As they use cookies, so anybody when search online can receive my advert.. Anyway, it is a long term goal.

Yes.. it is difficult.. I can gauge it after some experience. if not suitable then I cna continue my job. Google advert are extremely helpful in this regard. As they use cookies, so anybody when search online can receive my advert.. Anyway, it is a long term goal.
Are you a data scientist?

I suggest you to apply for sales job before you try to get Master degree, at least 6 months working as sales B2B is enough, this will give you experience on sales. As start up, sales function will be done by you directly or your partner

I suggest you to apply for sales job before you try to get Master degree, at least 6 months working as sales B2B is enough, this will give you experience on sales. As start up, sales function will be done by you directly or your partner
I am studying computer science right now. I can't switch my field nor do I want to. However, I do study business and marketing frequently.
nope.. but someone in the family...
Data Science doesn't require much skill, you can learn it yourself from youtube. However, data engineering is different and you shouldn't confuse it with data science.

Data Science doesn't require much skill, you can learn it yourself from youtube. However, data engineering is different and you shouldn't confuse it with data science.
hmhm.. not my field so have no idea. :P
and @Indos is right.. listen jack ma about how many jobs you should do, before you find your forte.
Edit. So one should have done multiple jobs in different field to get experience. Like in sale, paper work, management, procurement, etc.

Last edited:
hmhm.. not my field so have no idea. :P
and @Indos is right.. listen jack ma about how many jobs you should do, before you find your forte.

Yup the reason I advise him to be a sales first is because he wants to be a businessmen, while this dream requires us to be the main sales person when the company is still small. It is still true for many small business in Indonesia where the CEO become the main sales person.

That experience will make him understand sales and will be trained mentally to do something like cold call and others

This sales skills are also required if some one want to get funding.

My favorite sales movie (true story)

the pursuit of happiness

Back
Top Bottom