What's new

Buddhist Terrorism - no longer a myth

What else are you expecting?

After the disgusting act of cowardice that was done by their co-religionists in UP's Buddha Park which happens to be in India, are you expecting any better in a country that has left no trace of our way of life in their land?

ya you mean when they tried to damage Buddah statue? :angry: these guys are brainless idiots

This is news to me. Can you shed some light on it? Unfortunately PM is not available so a public post.

See, let me tell you; we never had "if someone hits then take it up yours" ideology. Essentially, our path teaches us contentment, peace, tranquility, simplicity and modesty. But that doesn't mean we can't protect ourselves when shyte hits the fan.

It is a long story but to make things short, the hijack as I say was somewhat akin to how the mainstream Hinduism was hijacked into caste-discriminating phase in the medieval times unlike your ancient times when it was an economic classification for you folks (sorry I am just assuming that you're a Hindu).

ya you mean when they tried to damage Buddah statue? :angry: these guys are brainless idiots

Well if we'd done something like that in a muslim country to their icons, there would be no Buddhists there. But in the secularist slave heaven called Indian Constitution, such miscreants always get the favor as "minorities". No wonder the Hindu right wing developed as the water was going over limits.

Actually, Bhavishya Purana (as I have read it) is true but it doesn't tell what that clown Naik says. In fact, it tells the very opposite. Any Sanskrit student or literate will be able to tell you what was the meaning written in it.

I would gladly translate the relevant lines here but ...erm.. I don't think the hosts will take it kindly. So lets leave it to that.

It is a shame that one has to listen to Naik's ramblings to understand one's own scripture.

Exactly,Its tells the opposite.It actually calls the prophet(or rather the character he claims to be the Prophet) a deamon.But hey who cares,when it comes to selling religion even that can be used.

Actually, Bhavishya Purana (as I have read it) is true but it doesn't tell what that clown Naik says. In fact, it tells the very opposite. Any Sanskrit student or literate will be able to tell you what was the meaning written in it.

I would gladly translate the relevant lines here but ...erm.. I don't think the hosts will take it kindly. So lets leave it to that.

It is a shame that one has to listen to Naik's ramblings to understand one's own scripture.

Yesterday even Sri Lankans were saying there is no mention of Zakir Naik's claim in Buddhist scriptures.

This is the difference of cultures. For one, self sacrifice means suicide vests. For other, it means self immolation!

One would see violence everywhere, one would see peace.

No Buddhist nation has a expansionist history (might be rare exceptions). No purging of culture, no destruction of idols, no loots of holy places. This is true for all eastern religions. They can coexist. Even Shinto (non-Indian eastern religion) and Buddhism have no conflicts.

That's because our philosophy is syncretist in nature.

It is funny that we're being labeled as "terrorists".

See, let me tell you; we never had "if someone hits then take it up yours" ideology. Essentially, our path teaches us contentment, peace, tranquility, simplicity and modesty. But that doesn't mean we can't protect ourselves when shyte hits the fan.

It is a long story but to make things short, the hijack as I say was somewhat akin to how the mainstream Hinduism was hijacked into caste-discriminating phase in the medieval times unlike your ancient times when it was an economic classification for you folks (sorry I am just assuming that you're a Hindu).

I am a Jain, that is why the question. I believe it was never so prevalent that it starts to affect other religions. Specially with this non-violence sh*t, I wonder how it even survived this long!

What else are you expecting?

After the disgusting act of cowardice that was done by their co-religionists in UP's Buddha Park which happens to be in India, are you expecting any better in a country that has left no trace of our way of life in their land?

Just ask them how many Mosques did so called terrorist Buddhist attack from Japan to Sri Lanka when Taliban defiled and razed down giant statue of Lord Buddha in Bamiyan in Afghanistan.

Yesterday even Sri Lankans were saying there is no mention of Zakir Naik's claim in Buddhist scriptures.

Dude, Naik is nothing but a paid televangelist. He's plenty of petro dollars behind him to propagate and get him out of political messes. He may be a doctor (probably got his degree in "minority" quota :D) for all I care, but he was torn apart by a resident from my place here in Gangtok in one of his so called "invitations for debate" when Naik tried to debate about our faith. The dude was a Tibetan by origin but Sikkim settled. Don't know whether his episode was televised or not. But that's not the point.

The point is, Naik targets only those who don't know their own faith and are confused so that he can earn conversions. With strong people both in politics and faith he just blubbers and blunders and ultimately shuts his mouth with something like "okay now others also want to ask their doubts so I'll get back to you" and he never gets back. :lol:

If you've read Sanskrit enough to understand, you can any day challenge him in public for a translation challenge.

All he's done is mugged up blindly three religious books that he keeps making out his own meanings out of.

Just ask them how many Mosques did so called terrorist Buddhist attacked from Japan to Sri Lanka when Taliban defiled and razed down giant statue of Lord Buddha in Bamiyan in Afghanistan.

No point. They'll use personal attacks till I retaliate and get an infraction.

Let's leave it. Denial is not just a river in Africa you know. ;)

kyaukpyu on March 9, before Myanmar Buddist terrorism

kyaukpyu on March 9, After Myanmar Buddist terrorism and ethnic cleansing. Whole Rohinga Muslim town burned down, hundreds killed and thousands driven to concentration camp run by Myanmar govt

Zakir Naik is nothing but a Snake Oil Salesman.Only difference is he sells religion.

If you've read Sanskrit enough to understand, you can any day challenge him in public for a translation challenge.

All he's done is mugged up blindly three religious books that he keeps making out his own meanings out of.

Maan Sanskritasya gyanam asti. Zakir-Naikah mithya vachanam vadati. :D

That's because our philosophy is syncretist in nature.

It is funny that we're being labeled as "terrorists".

Muslims always consider themselves as the one being oppressed, but never do they realize that throughout entire history, they have only, I will use a very mild word, troubled others.

Throughout Gujarat and Rajasthan, there are many famous Jain temples. All this temples are extremely beautiful and rich from the inside. But the outside, and more typically the roof/tomb, is black, poor looking. Reason, so that it may not attract any western invader.

I have a one time experience of being tried to get converted to Christianity. Throughout the hour we discussed, that person never said a bad word about Hinduism. Though I attribute it to him being a literate westerner.

On the contrary, at many occasions, I have heard Muslims denigrating Hinduism. Many people living in Muslim majority areas complained about being pressured to convert. This are some of the many acts which cause this hatred. I know that it is only a handful of fools doing this, but the attribution goes to entire community.

i dont care what buddha said

point is muslims r dying in the hands of so called buddhist monks in burma

i know buddhism is a peaceful religion but not all followers r peaceful

Just ask them how many Mosques did so called terrorist Buddhist attack from Japan to Sri Lanka when Taliban defiled and razed down giant statue of Lord Buddha in Bamiyan in Afghanistan.

In retaliation to Myanmar, they attacked and defiled a Mahavira statue. I want to ask the fools what was even the most remote relation of Mahavira to anything that is happening to them!

Back
Top Bottom