What's new

Buddhism v Islam in Asia Fears of a new religious strife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever asked why? Or do you don't not want to see what is the truth.

I don't care about opposition when I say that muslim world in general, especially, the sunni world is intellectually deficient.

Islamic mullahs were funded by the british, and then the US to their bidding and now its a monster.

If you hate islam,

The only reason I see is Muslims take their religion too seriously, which becomes a ploy for the Mullahs to take advantage of.

As for the hate part, hate begets hate, Muslims out of habit hate anything Non Muslim which comes back as hate in return.

As for mentioning it as western propaganda, please give due credit to non Westerners to have at least some intelligence to know whats right and whats not.

I am surprised that there has been no backlash against the bombing of Bodh Gaya and the Bodhi Tree, which is the world's number 1 most sacred pilgrimage site for Buddhists.

If someone had bombed the foundation stone in King Solomon's Temple, or bombed the Kabaa in Mecca, you can be sure there would be war the next day.

In India, all budhist organizations asked for 1 days strike for protesting agaist bombing of Holy Bodhgaya..

But our incompetant govt might be shelving the real culprits.. Offcource for vote bank.. 2014 elections are coming... and muslims are key votebanks of Congress...

The only reason I see is Muslims take their religion too seriously, which becomes a ploy for the Mullahs to take advantage of.

true. they are intellectually deficient.

As for the hate part, hate begets hate, Muslims out of habit hate anything Non Muslim which comes back as hate in return.

Somewhat agree, but both parties can't claim to be peaceful then.

As for mentioning it as western propaganda, please give due credit to non Westerners to have at least some intelligence to know whats right and whats not.

disagree.

I live in the west and this society has taught me one thing which is critical analysis.

When I critically analyze the US escapades in South America, Central America, M.E and South East Asia.

I see that US has always used anything to root out a challenging ideology. In the 50s, muslims were praised in american text books as they sought them to be used against communism.

in the 80s, jihadee literature was published in US for Afghan so called jihadis fighting the communists.

People evolve and learn to co-exist, but if other powers exploit their beliefs and within that society an intellectual deficiency steps in, then things are not that good for them.

I am surprised that there has been no backlash against the bombing of Bodh Gaya and the Bodhi Tree, which is the world's number 1 most sacred pilgrimage site for Buddhists.

If someone had bombed the foundation stone in King Solomon's Temple, or bombed the Kabaa in Mecca, you can be sure there would be war the next day.

If buddhists do so, they will be going against their own religion.

Buddhism teaches non-violence.

(After all, "non-violence" was not invented by Gandhiji in 20th century... Gautam Buddha and Vardhaman Mahavira were having these philosophies as early as 300 BC.

Even Hinduism advocates "peace first" as aspounded in Bhagwat Geeta (although it talks about "peace thru strength, not weakness") .. Krishna sought peace before the Mahabharata war, against the wishes of many).

true. they are intellectually deficient.

Somewhat agree, but both parties can't claim to be peaceful then.

disagree.

I live in the west and this society has taught me one thing which is critical analysis.

When I critically analyze the US escapades in South America, Central America, M.E and South East Asia.

I see that US has always used anything to root out a challenging ideology. In the 50s, muslims were praised in american text books as they sought them to be used against communism.

in the 80s, jihadee literature was published in US for Afghan so called jihadis fighting the communists.

People evolve and learn to co-exist, but if other powers exploit their beliefs and within that society an intellectual deficiency steps in, then things are not that good for them.

You are a sensible person, do you seriously believe this circle of hate only stems from propaganda and not from something more deeper?

Muslim nations collectively are the one's who are under western influence while huge nations like China, India, Russia inherently dont trust the west so I dont buy the western propaganda playing any part in our thought process.

As for both parties being not peaceful - Buddhism is one of the most peaceful religions - if they are against Islam then pls introspect where the blame lies.

The worlds become...

Muslims vs others
Muslims vs Muslims.

As for both parties being not peaceful - Buddhism is one of the most peaceful religions - if they are against Islam then pls introspect where the blame lies.

Buddhism itself is peaceful, I absolutely agree.

But the followers of Buddhism don't always follow what Buddha taught. Human beings are often hypocritical in that way.

I believe that even some Triad gangs in HK used to be very religious, incorporating Taoist and Buddhist deities into their initiation rituals. Though I guess they had reason to be superstitious, due to carrying the guilt of murder and other such crimes with them.

Lets not bring indian political discussion into this thread.

Cidco madhe kuthe rahtos tu?

Tula kasa mahit mi CIDCO madhe rahtoy te?? N2, Secotor B, Thakare Nagar..

Tu proper Aurangabad cha ahes kay?? Ani he American Samoa kuthe ahe??

Is it safe to to say that Islam is in conflict with every major religion of the world?

The news itself said that its the BUDHISTS who are assulting Muslims and like all other faiths is fearing losing to growth of Islam.

So you better accept the truth that you guys are in conflict with Islam after you the non Muslims failed to keep your own religion intact.

here whats the news says

The assault on the Rohingyas, which cost more than 100 lives and made over 100,000 homeless, sparked a wildfire of sectarian violence across the rest of Myanmar which now seems to be spreading to other parts of Asia, too. A tit-for-tat escalation is going on which, with reason, worries many in the region.

While the actual bloodletting in Myanmar has abated, at least for now, no let-up has taken place in the hateful rhetoric directed against the country’s Muslim minority, which makes up about 5% of the 60m population. Radical monks, led by a notorious chauvinist, Wirathu, from a monastery in the northern city of Mandalay, have abandoned any claims to Buddhism as a universal doctrine of compassion and non-violence.

For them Buddhism equates with a narrow nationalism. They argue, quite simply, that unless the majority-Buddhist population fights back, Muslims, with alarmingly high birth rates, will overrun the country. On July 22nd he claimed that a small explosion in a car near where he was preaching was the work of Islamic extremists. It all taps into old resentments against the big influx of Indians, many of them Muslim, who came into the country on the coat-tails of British colonialists during the 19th and early 20th centuries. They ran much of the country’s finance and commerce, and were hated for it by the indigenous Burmans. Race riots against Indians and Muslims in the 1930s in Yangon (then Rangoon, the capital) and elsewhere were whipped up then, as now, by a chauvinist Buddhist press
Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...fears-new-religious-strife.html#ixzz2aE5bIw5k

Buddhism itself is peaceful, I absolutely agree.

But the followers of Buddhism don't always follow what Buddha taught. Human beings are often hypocritical in that way.

I believe that even some Triad gangs in HK used to be very religious, incorporating Taoist and Buddhist deities into their initiation rituals. Though I guess they had reason to be superstitious, due to carrying the guilt of murder and other such crimes with them.

True, but Buddhist monks getting aggressive? there's a reason for that.

The news itself said that its the BUDHISTS who are assulting Muslims and like all other faiths is fearing losing to growth of Islam.

Obviously for secular Indians of secular India that part of the news became somehow invisible. :rolleyes:

Actually, the Muslim birth rate in China is stable. Not significantly above the national fertility rate at all.

So they will most likely continue to stay around 1% of the population, concentrated in the far western regions.

That is interesting to know.

Do you know that there was some study that correlatives levels of violence in a country with the percentage of Muslims.
Increasing percentage of Muslims in the overall population corresponded with increasing violence and problems in the country.

That is interesting to know.

Do you know that there was some study that correlatives levels of violence in a country with the percentage of Muslims.
Increasing percentage of Muslims in the overall population corresponded with increasing violence and problems in the country.

I have seen that report. It is often quoted by the Indian members here.

If you look at the conflicts around the world, many of them have their roots in the colonial legacy of dividing majority-Muslim lands and/or giving them to non-Muslims (Burma, Thailand, Philippines, Palestine, Kashmir, etc.)
Very surprised at your post. @Developereo
Since when did Myanmar, Thailand, Philippines become Muslim majority lands?
Muslims are a minority in all three countries. Why should Muslims rule them?

The British did Hinduism a huge favor by giving it a united country. Otherwise, it is 100% guaranteed that the various regions in India would have been looting, raping and pillaging each other as they had been doing for the last 3000 years.
As a matter of fact that they did not give so much.

A hundred different people from different royalties wanted different kingdoms and countries once they sensed that the British flag was waning.

The leaders of India's independence movement convinced, coerced, bribed, threatened a whole lot so that they remained with India as a whole when british left.

And after British left, there were still scores left who had to be cajoled and threatened before they agreed to merge with India.

Even after all of that military means had to be used in a few cases before they joined with India.

It was not the benevolence of British, but the determination of Indians.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you look at the conflicts around the world, many of them have their roots in the colonial legacy of dividing majority-Muslim lands and/or giving them to non-Muslims (Burma, Thailand, Philippines, Palestine, Kashmir, etc.)

The British did Hinduism a huge favor by giving it a united country. Otherwise, it is 100% guaranteed that the various regions in India would have been looting, raping and pillaging each other as they had been doing for the last 3000 years.

If you make much more deeper analysis, you can see an Islamic invasion into these countries which caused imbalance in these countries for first place. You conveniently forget that for conveying your interests. Its so strange that you have never mentioned and criticized about the after affects of these invasions in your posts. Its always the "Islamic Victim complex" all around in these posts.

That is because Secular terrorism has started targeting Buddhists as well. Earlier it used to stifle only Hindu majority using media, paid out top anchors of channels and other elements of mass-deception, courtesy funds flowing in from certain foreign countries into these sources to provoke. Soon they made the Hindu population look guilty for everything to the extent that most Hindus, who were warrior like and defended our country for centuries, have now become over-apologetic.

Before Hindus, Sikhs were targeted in 80s by Secularist traitors in media, regime and other ranks.

And now when both these communities are done with, secular terrorism will target my community.

Using Myanmar's retaliation as an excuse, secular terror is desperately trying to shut the mouth of my people and my community.

There are no countries that identify Buddhism as the state religion. There are Islamic countries and a Jewish country. But there are no Buddhist country.

Buddhism and mainstream Hinduism are like two rivers that flow in and out of each other. Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos and even the communist Vietnam identify themselves as an amalgamation of this culture.

In India also, we identify our country's fabric with Dharmic culture collectively.

But unlike organized religions (Abrahamic religions), we don't hammer our ways into others heads, stress and force each activity we do into other people's minds, always show that they better be grateful for us being good and tolerant, whine and cry and wail always for special benefits without working for it etc etc.

That's the reason you don't find any country OPENLY claiming our set of culture and faith to be a state mandated order unlike Islam, Christianity and to some extent Judaism.

To give you a better example: have you ever heard of mass ghetto-ization based on faith in any of the immigrant-oriented countries by our people? Us, the Hindus, the Sikhs always amalgamate with the culture of the land where we go and don't expect special handouts like organized religions.

Even you Chinese, who are Confucian, Taoist, Buddhist or agnostic, never create cultural problems in US, Canada, UK and other immigrant-oriented countries and are respected.

Same goes with Koreans and other Eastern Asian countries.

So that's the difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom