What's new

BSP MP Insults Vande Mataram in Lok Sabha

Vande Mataram means "mother I bow to thee". I think it's in Bengali language

It is probably Sanskrit. Perhaps some Bengali member can shed some light. I have always been against shoving patriotism down the throats of people. But given that the Parliament is filled with thugs of the highest order - some of whom have murder cases against them, I really think any patriotism they show is nothing but a charade. Having said that, if the member did not wish to sing the song - that was his choice. He should have merely waited for this song to get over and then mentioned in Parliament that he prefers Jana Gana Mana because Vande Mataram offends his religious sensibilities. The amount of fuss he created, you would think he a Christian asked to sing this song -
South Park - The Most Offensive Christmas Song Ever (Uncensored) - YouTube

can you tell exact meaning of that word plz ?

Prayer being offered to Mother.

Actually he is hiding the truth that "He was about to Sh$$ in his pants" :D

Wondering which other song they play in Parliament i mean Item song Like Chuli ke niche kyahai,Fevicol se,Chatav ki chammaz se chat, wagara wagara :pop:

And why to play the Vande matram song thats offend member of other religion like Muslim and sikh.Constitution is more supreme then this national song which gives freedom to every indian to practice its religion.If you get offended with his behavior then you don't have any right to offend him in first place by playing this song written in 1882 .

Did they ever play Song from Iqbal Sare Jaha se acha hindustan hamara in our parliament. and does it qualify in National song .:undecided:

But we sing Iqbal song(1904) with equal fervor non less than Vande Matram.

But if some one is comfortable to sing Jana Gana mana hai then Vande matram one cannot make mandatory and the parliament belongs to all religion so why not play the national anthem which is more desirable and we have no problem of hurting once feeling.

But we sing Iqbal song with equal fervor non less than Vande Matram.

It is also a touch ironic that the Muslim MP who objected to Vande Mataram as it offends his religious feelings, belongs to a party whose main supporters treat err - and I am not making this up - Mother English as a Hindu Goddess.

BBC News - An 'English goddess' for India's down-trodden

What a hypocrite.

And lastly - patriotism knows no language -

Last edited by a moderator:
But if some one is comfortable to sing Jana Gana mana hai then Vande matram one cannot make mandatory and the parliament belongs to all religion so why not play the national anthem which is more desirable and we have no problem of hurting once feeling.

Nation is above all religions, and if Vande Matram is our national song.Anyone disrespecting it should be penalized.

but i personly think and it is only my view sory if any one is offended
in a secular country i think national song should be selected very care fully after all india is the 2nd highly populated country with many religeons and faiths in a secular country this kind of national song should'nt have played in parliments when many religeons faiths dont agree with the song example as you say Sikhs , Muslims , Jews etc

It is also a touch ironic that the Muslim MP who objected to Vande Mataram as it offends his religious feelings, belongs to a party whose main supporters treat err - and I am not making this up - Mother English as a Hindu Goddess.

BBC News - An 'English goddess' for India's down-trodden

What a hypocrite.

And lastly - patriotism knows no language -

I first saw this in a Multiplex. Get goosebumps listening to this one. Also the Siachen one was classy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nation is above all religions, and if Vande Matram is our national song.Anyone disrespecting it should be penalized.

no my brother religeon is above all you are saying it because your religeon is not offended i would have seen your comments on this matter if your national song is against hinduism and even then i would say that if a person's faith is offended then he should not sing it but should have shown respect

in a secular country i think national song should be selected very care fully after all india is the 2nd highly populated country with many religeons and faiths in a secular country this kind of national song should'nt have played in parliments when many religeons faiths dont agree with the song example as you say Sikhs , Muslims , Jews etc
My self as a Sikh has no problem with it . I am pretty sure a majority of Sikhs dont .This 21st century after all .We have more Pressing issues in Hand.

Last thing in the whole world we need is the lecture from anonymous Pakisatani guy on secularism. Enjoy your stay in Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

From where you got it that nation is above all religion From our constitution ?
As a Muslim the most important thing for us is our religion
which teaches us to be patriotic and abide by all rules and regulation of our country and if needed sacrifice our life to protect our country.

As a indian i like Jana Gana Mana Hai and sare jaha se acha .Vande Matram is not in my Menu :coffee:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom