What's new

BSF warns Pakistan Rangers of retaliation

Buddy but then what else you can do??? You can't take hits every now and then and say because these were non-state actors(as per Rangers) whom rangers cannot control so let them use rockets against us....Since these so called non-state actors are operating from Pakistan side then it is the obligation of Rangers to stop such attack. India has shown enough restraint on this front(there were similar attacks before as well)
Well there are consequences for strong arm actions. we have to understand that.

Pak wont be silent against our retaliations. we are upsetting the status quo against an unpredictable and Dangerous force.
are we fully aware of the consequences.

Pardon my lack of knowledge on this front but are you saying we are not well-equipped and any retaliation from BSF would be devastating for them???

No, i am saying India has already lost many troops to these kind of attacks. And the GoI has so far not taken any action for the sake of the greater good. :undecided:

If BSF now has standing orders to punch back and do it harder. Then it is a welcome decision

Well there are consequences for strong arm actions. we have to understand that.Pak wont be silent against our retaliations. we are upsetting the status quo against an unpredictable and Dangerous force. Are we fully aware of the consequences.

Are you saying that we may end up invoking a war??? This sounds of like being over cautious..Don't you think so?? Lets try to rewind the heppenings

a) Some so called non-state actors fire rockets repeatedly agaisnt India
b) Rangers say they have no control on these non-state actors
c) India showed restraint but after repeated attempts issued a warning that further such attacks
will be retaliated...

Now as per me it is a very fair and mature handling of the situation... We showed enough restraint and now made it clear that Patience has a limit... I strongly believe one cannot let someone keep challenging the integrity of a country under nuclear umbrella..... Either rangers take care of these pigs at their side or let us do that...I know it may sound a bit emotional outburst but fearing a retaliation on a response which is legitimate right of a soveriengn country is misplaced....I am not saying we should not be prepared for it but keep taking hits for the sake of greater goods should have a limit or else you not only loose respect in the eyes of world but also in the eyes of your people....

No, i am saying India has already lost many troops to these kind of attacks. And the GoI has so far not taken any action for the sake of the greater good. :undecided:

And that was stupid of GOI...How can you let your own people die and not take any action against it...I ma glad someone up in the ranks have shown some balls now....

If BSF now has standing orders to punch back and do it harder. Then it is a welcome decision

Agreed...

Pak wont be silent against our retaliations. we are upsetting the status quo against an unpredictable and Dangerous force.
are we fully aware of the consequences.

I don't believe that would be the case...we have the border security forces ie BSF & Rangers and not the army on both sides of the front ...
So any retaliation can't be using very heavy arms....and it will be limited to gunfire, grenades and a few rockets at best which isn't as big reason a reason for change of status quo..

may be a few heated exchanges may continue later but the final outcome I guess,would be that atleast the Rangers would give a second thought to cover fire.......

:cheers:

I don't think we're the ones that have to worry about understanding anything rather Pakistan needs to realize that any and all transgressions from their side, whether state or not, will be met with force. It is their responsibility to make sure that the ceasefire is maintained at their end.

Are you saying that we may end up invoking a war??? This sounds of like being over cautious..Don't you think so?? Lets try to rewind the heppenings

a) Some so called non-state actors fire rockets repeatedly agaisnt India
b) Rangers say they have no control on these non-state actors
c) India showed restraint but after repeated attempts issued a warning that further such attacks
will be retaliated...

Now as per me it is a very fair and mature handling of the situation... We showed enough restraint and now made it clear that Patience has a limit... I strongly believe one cannot let someone keep challenging the integrity of a country under nuclear umbrella..... Either rangers take care of these pigs at their side or let us do that...I know it may sound a bit emotional outburst but fearing a retaliation on a response which is legitimate right of a soveriengn country is misplaced....I am not saying we should not be prepared for it but keep taking hits for the sake of greater goods should have a limit or else you not only loose respect in the eyes of world but also in the eyes of your people....

And that was stupid of GOI...How can you let your own people die and not take any action against it...I ma glad someone up in the ranks have shown some balls now....

Agreed...

I don't believe that would be the case...we have the border security forces ie BSF & Rangers and not the army on both sides of the front ...
So any retaliation can't be using very heavy arms....and it will be limited to gunfire, grenades and a few rockets at best which isn't as big reason a reason for change of status quo..

may be a few heated exchanges may continue later but the final outcome I guess,would be that atleast the Rangers would give a second thought to cover fire.......

:cheers:

I don't think we're the ones that have to worry about understanding anything rather Pakistan needs to realize that any and all transgressions from their side, whether state or not, will be met with force. It is their responsibility to make sure that the ceasefire is maintained at their end.

Everything has an equal and opposite reaction.

Are we making it easier for extremists to start a war. Is there going to be an disproportional response triggering a greater conflict.

This decision as positive as it is for our Jawans, is still now without a downside.

This kind of thing happened between Israeli and Palestine/Lebanon last year remember, Israeli troops started fighting back against Hamas for border attacks. How did that story end.

We need to show restraint some times. I dont have the logistics to make the judgment. But hitting someone back for hitting us is not always the best idea.

And like Rocky Balboa once said.
"it ain't about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit."

People are too quick to forget, that it was only a few years ago back in 2003 that Musharaff was just an Hour away from a full nuclear strike.

What? I've never heard about this.

it happened right after the attacks on the Indian parliament.

Indian troops were massing on the border.

Musharaf made it clear He would use Nuke's.

The countdown clock to Armageddon was on. and only last minute negotiations by all sides avoided that stand of.

what do you suggest we should do?????
Pakistanis will always hide behind the so called non state actors.....

our pacience & love for peace is looked upon as oue weakness.

if we restrain for acting now. pakistanis will always blackmail us with the nuks....

Pakistan will continue to take cover with the Non-State actors arguement till India is ready to call their bluff.

The past is replete with examples to reinforce this view. Earlier acknowledged Pakistani state support to LET and JEM ceased only after India raised the stakes after the Parliament attack (even though it was a hogwash by changing the names of these organizations but Pakistan was clearly forced to act).
Then followed 26/11 and with the intense Indian response, Pakistan backed off another notch and looked to save its credibility by putting forward the Non-State actors farce. Looking at non-India related events, Pakistan's continued to support Taliban in making a graveyard out of Afganistan from 94 up to 2001 (Mrs. Benazir Bhutto's statement = These are our boys) but the moment there was heat, they took no time in bending over, all it took was one phone call from Mr. Richard Armitage.

The best way to help them look at things our way will be, to be prepared to retialiate to the next level of force as a response to any such misadventure from their end. If they cannot control these cross border criminals, given the past misadventures of Pakistan and our mistrust it is only natural that India will consider the official complicity of the Pakistani establishment in such acts, unless they prove it otherwise by their actions, which they do not feel the need to do.... at least yet.

Everything has an equal and opposite reaction.

Exactly but please try to use the same logic for an Indian response....

Are we making it easier for extremists to start a war. Is there going to be an disproportional response triggering a greater conflict.

No not really.. All we are saying is that as a state it is Pakistan's obligation to stop these extermists to attack Indian interests... Secondly you might be forgetting that our official stand is that people in Pak establishment do use terrorists as strategic assets againsts India....Even for the sake of argument we say that this work is purely of non-state actors even then we cannot take hits all the time... We have shown enough restraint(similar attacks in the past) but everything has a limit.... Don't you think so???

This decision as positive as it is for our Jawans, is still now without a downside.

Exactly but keep on taking hits is also have its downside..Both for Jawans and its proud citizens...

This kind of thing happened between Israeli and Palestine/Lebanon last year remember, Israeli troops started fighting back against Hamas for border attacks. How did that story end.

Well let me make it clear that i don't support war at all... But there is a thing called dignity...... If palestine cannot stop Hamas from border attacks then Israel has every right to fight back...However i don't support the human rights violation but that is altogether different discussion....

We need to show restraint some times. I dont have the logistics to make the judgment. But hitting someone back for hitting us is not always the best idea.

I think you have missed some news regarding this.... There have been similar attacks in the past... We did show restraint...We did show restraint this time as well....The one good thing we have done is make sure that our restraint should not be takes as weakness and our protest should not go to deaf ears....In short Rangers need to act...

And like Rocky Balboa once said. "it ain't about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit."

Nice quote.. I am big fan of Rocky series...However Rocky Balboa needs to hit(which he do in plenty) as well otherwise in the end you will be a loser...

People are too quick to forget, that it was only a few years ago back in 2003 that Musharaff was just an Hour away from a full nuclear strike.

NOw this is taking the argument a little far fetched... Nukes are not toys... Though it is a very hard decision but we need to ensure that we don't wet our pants on every mention of nukes..... Secondly may be you think otherwise but I am sure that Pakistan is not governed by Lunatics....Nukes are used as the last resort and not the first one.... Thirdly and the most important...Nukes is the reality of South Asia and we need to start living with it....If we always buckle under the pressure than i am afraid the signals we will send will surely bring 10 more mumbai like attacks....

Exactly but please try to use the same logic for an Indian response....

No not really.. All we are saying is that as a state it is Pakistan's obligation to stop these extermists to attack Indian interests... Secondly you might be forgetting that our official stand is that people in Pak establishment do use terrorists as strategic assets againsts India....Even for the sake of argument we say that this work is purely of non-state actors even then we cannot take hits all the time... We have shown enough restraint(similar attacks in the past) but everything has a limit.... Don't you think so???

Exactly but keep on taking hits is also have its downside..Both for Jawans and its proud citizens...

Well let me make it clear that i don't support war at all... But there is a thing called dignity...... If palestine cannot stop Hamas from border attacks then Israel has every right to fight back...However i don't support the human rights violation but that is altogether different discussion....

I think you have missed some news regarding this.... There have been similar attacks in the past... We did show restraint...We did show restraint this time as well....The one good thing we have done is make sure that our restraint should not be takes as weakness and our protest should not go to deaf ears....In short Rangers need to act...

Nice quote.. I am big fan of Rocky series...However Rocky Balboa needs to hit(which he do in plenty) as well otherwise in the end you will be a loser...

NOw this is taking the argument a little far fetched... Nukes are not toys... Though it is a very hard decision but we need to ensure that we don't wet our pants on every mention of nukes..... Secondly may be you think otherwise but I am sure that Pakistan is not governed by Lunatics....Nukes are used as the last resort and not the first one.... Thirdly and the most important...Nukes is the reality of South Asia and we need to start living with it....If we always buckle under the pressure than i am afraid the signals we will send will surely bring 10 more mumbai like attacks....

I agree with you almost completely.

But i just felt i should show the other side of the argument as well.
Its important to look at thing from more that one angle.

But any how

here is a totally unrelated but awesome rocky tribute videos :bounce:

this is soft power ladies and gentlemen

You are all haters if you delete my post.

Last edited by a moderator:
talk in that language which they can understand

in there own language

keep your enemy busy in his land with his problem

Cowards! They always believe in playing double game. If you want Kashmir and really have the courage then declare a proper war. If not then prepare for a proper war, then even enemies would respect you. These girly tactics of infiltration and creating an atmosphere of turmoil in the region proves what kind of state of mind the Pakistani establishment has.

We have taken around a third of Kashmir by force already or you didn't know that. That's why we have azad Kashmir

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom