What's new

Brunei adopts sharia law

i was also asking why non muslims are not allowed in army. you did not cleverly answer that.
Ok sorry...am looking where I stopped answering...

Non Muslims not allowed in army was because during the days of the Prophet it was the Non Muslims in the Muslim army who sold the army away by walking away when called for war...it happened twice or something and that is when the rule was applied...It is not a hard and fast rule! Bruneian army is made of Gorkhans!

i was also asking why non muslims are not allowed in army. you did not cleverly answer that.
Yaar, please - what is the purpose of this discussion? You expect equal treatment for yourself in a Shariah state? Then what difference does secularism have with shariah law for that matter. There are differences that no logic or reasoning can reconcile. Please do read the Pact of Omar/Umar for example and you will get to know the answers. If you expect equality you are mistaken. Let's avoid such expectations in the future, will save us futile discussions later on.

You can reason with man made law. You can't with Shariah.

People who can't think for themselves need old archaic men, interpreting old archaic books written by even older and more archaic men, to tell them what to do what to think who to sleep with who to kill who to tax who to bow down to. It's quite sad really.

The modern world is for modern men. These old relics are thankfully killing themselves off so hopefully we won't have them and their stone age mentality infect future generations of FREE people's.

And you answered your own question...the question here is about Shariah not Mullah!

And who do you think will implement the Sharia? It will be the Mullahs only. You yourself said that you do not want to live under Sharia implemented by Taliban. Where is the guarantee that conservative Mullahs will not implement the Sharia

Ok sorry...am looking where I stopped answering...

Non Muslims not allowed in army was because during the days of the Prophet it was the Non Muslims in the Muslim army who sold the army away by walking away when called for war...it happened twice or something and that is when the rule was applied...It is not a hard and fast rule! Bruneian army is made of Gorkhans!
now would they allow gurkha to serve or not? if they allow is it not selective interpretation ? if they do not allow is it not bias as second class citizen?

There is differences between what the law states and what one derives from it!

I beg your pardon?

Wouldnt the radicals take over and kill him,would they have left him/her to be tried?
Read,heard alot about such things,so dont come with fair trail or no punishment.
Even in my country they tried to lynch a guy for apostasy.

Yaar, please - what is the purpose of this discussion? You expect equal treatment for yourself in a Shariah state? Then what difference does secularism have with shariah law for that matter. There are differences that no logic or reasoning can reconcile. Please do read the Pact of Omar/Umar for example and you will get to know the answers. If you expect equality you are mistaken. Let's avoid such expectations in the future, will save us futile discussions later on.

You can reason with man made law. You can't with Shariah.
Ok i will rest my case here onwards. i am going to study for a while.

Hinduism does not specify punishments if a particular way of life is not followed.
Hinduism may suggest how to live ideally , but there is no hard and fast rule.
This is certainly not the case with Islam.
I think there was an Indian Movie where there was this actor "punishing" based on the vedas

And who do you think will implement the Sharia? It will be the Mullahs only. You yourself said that you do not want to live under Sharia implemented by Taliban. Where is the guarantee that conservative Mullahs will not implement the Sharia

There is Mullahs there is scholars...the University of Brunei Darussalam is host to the BBA in Shariah the BBA in Usuluddin and other programs...they also have masters with thesis....and some of the students of Brunei have taken similar programs in Egypt!

Hence they become learned scholars with 4 to 5 to 6 years of degree and not one who learned from his daddy....hence I have hope!

Plus most of Bruneians are educated and only a very small population is uneducated but most of the now generation can be considered very much educated and know at least the basics of Islam....

In addition to this they also have religious schools run by the state in which you can enroll your children who will learn the basics of Islam and hence will not be made a mickey out off that easily!
Wouldnt the radicals take over and kill him,would they have left him/her to be tried?
Read,heard alot about such things,so dont come with fair trail or no punishment.
Even in my country they tried to lynch a guy for apostasy.

People who can't think for themselves need old archaic men, interpreting old archaic books written by even older and more archaic men, to tell them what to do what to think who to sleep with who to kill who to tax who to bow down to. It's quite sad really.

The modern world is for modern men. These old relics are thankfully killing themselves off so hopefully we won't have them and their stone age mentality infect future generations of FREE people's.
When did you think for yourself? You are vomiting only what the media told you! Where did you learn your Shariah from?

with the freedom banner when Americans spy on EU...how sure are your phone isnt tapped? :coffee:

Last edited:
Ok i will rest my case here onwards. i am going to study for a while.

You made excellent points but brainwashed individuals who are slaves to clerics won't ever understand. They will die holding on tightly to their old world beliefs. It's all they have. It's all they are. Their whole civilization and culture revolves around these archaic principles.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. Just let them go quietly into the sunset. Their time in this world has come and gone. All the recent violence from the fundamentalist terrorists are just the last dying kicks and gasps of a drowning man. They are bankrupt of any and all original thought or inspiration. They will become extinct soon enough. They are extra. The world doesn't need them. Father time will kill then off slowly. But surely.

So true.

now would they allow gurkha to serve or not? if they allow is it not selective interpretation ? if they do not allow is it not bias as second class citizen?
Gurkha are not Bruneian citizens so your case doesnt apply :coffee:

As for selective interpretation by Aurengzeb coz I said it was done during the Prophet's time coz of betrayal ..and there is no hard and fast Shariah rule saying non Muslims cant be part of the army...but an army needs to ensure it is safe and not fighting from inside so Aurengzeb did not take non-muslims

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom