What's new

Brother Russia has more goodies for India: developing Brahmos and Fifth generation jet

What are Russian main strategic interests in selling weapons, defence equipment to India ? or is more business ?

I am sure you know the answer being in the forum since 2006 and digging back your old posts.
Geopolitics don't change in days unless you are on PDF.

Russia - India bond is created via mutual respect and people to people contact which was a fall-out of the erstwhile USSR government. Moving forward Russia has acknowledged the pragmatic efforts and approach India takes on most world matters. Ukraine-Crimea ? Putin's speech after the Crimea vote.

Remember the Indian nuclear deal and aftermath which country signed the first agreement with India post deal?
Major diplomatic effort is pre-discussed and mutually agreed upon i would imply.
And business YES, who is not a businessman today miss ? every article you right is a business , every patient i see is a business.

Why is Russia engaging Pakistan at some level ? I have two points

1. Syria : You more than anybody know what i mean ?
2. Indian leverage over Russia is significantly more than US, EU China

So its "SMART BUSINESS" from both sides i say.

lol bro open in chrome and translate i too read in same way :)

An agreement on the transfer of India to rent a second Russian nuclear submarine of project 971

bmpd
October 18th, 1:20

The newspaper "Vedomosti" October 17, 2016 published an article by Alexei Nikolsky "India to buy Russian" , which reported that several major bilateral agreements in the sphere of military-technical cooperation were signed on the basis of past Saturday talks Russian President Vladimir Putin with the prime minister of India Narendra Modi . The meeting took place in the margins of the past in the Indian state of Goa BRICS summit.

The nuclear multipurpose submarines of the Russian Navy K-295 "Samara" K-391 "Bratsk" Project 971 waiting for repairs at the head office of JSC "RDC" Zvezdochka "in Severodvinsk, in June 2016 (a) Userg / forums.airbase.ru

In particular, the sides signed an intergovernmental agreement, which paves the way for the conclusion of a contract for the supply of India's four battalions of antiaircraft missile systems of long-range S-400. Until now, this powerful system has been exported only to China - in 2014 a contract was signed for the supply of four divisions worth about $ 2 billion According to the editor-in-Moscow Defense Brief Mikhail Barabanov, formerly India actually ordered Israeli companies to develop anti-missile system large. range Barak 8 and a decision in favor of the Russian system could mean that Indians are not completely satisfied with the performance of Israeli products.

in addition, Moscow and Delhi six frigates of this type signed an intergovernmental agreement for the sale of India's four frigates of project 11356 Earlier, India were delivered, and in 2011 of six frigates commissioned in the Kaliningrad shipyard "Yantar" for the Black Sea fleet of the Russian Defense Ministry.Three frigates were built, but still have three, construction of which began, there were problems with the completion of the crisis in Ukraine - Ukrainian enterprise "Zorya-Mashproekt" refused to supply already paid for gas turbine propulsion systems for these ships. Eventually it was decided that for India, these settings will be set, with one ship will be completed in Russia, and the housing of other transported for completion in India (where it will be laid and the fourth frigate), the person said, close to the leadership of "Rosoboronexport". This scheme among other things is responsible concept of Make in India, aimed at enhancing the role of the Indian industry and is the official policy of the Government of Prime Minister Modi.

But the real triumph of the concept of Make in India has become a three-way inter-company agreement to establish a joint venture for assembly in India of light Ka-226T, signed "Rosoboronexport", "Helicopters of Russia" and the Indian state-owned HAL. These helicopters for the needs of the Indian security forces will be assembled in India with the best possible localization of production, and the total number of cars produced could reach several hundred. According to the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade, it is planned that the first 60 helicopters will be delivered from Russia and 140 -. Produced at this new plant

According to the person in the Russian defense industry in Goa has been signed and the long-debated agreement on the transfer of India in leasing multipurpose nuclear submarine of project 971 from the Russian Navy, which it will pass repair and modernization. In 2007, India had already been transferred to the lease for $ 900 million unfinished nuclear submarine of this type of "Seal", received in the Indian Navy Chakra named in honor of the Soviet atomic project 670 boats, which the Soviet Union has been leased to India in 1988-1990.

According to expert Center for analysis of strategies and technologies, Konstantin Makiyenko, even the signing of such agreements, which are not contracts, paves the way for implementation of the projects, the total cost of which is clearly in excess of $ 6 billion.

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2190025.html
So it's another akula then. I was really hoping for a yasen class this time. But it is not bad because very soon we will be operating our own indigenously developed nuclear attack submarines based on the akula.

Ps- bregsy, is your your name change request is still pending with the webby??

So how long before Indians copycat our "Higher than mountains, deeper than seas, sweeter than honey" slolgans?

They have already started calling "Shaheed" to their dead soldiers....

Any guesses? @Spring Onion

So it's another akula then. I was really hoping for a yasen class this time. But it is not bad because very soon we will be operating our own indigenously developed nuclear attack submarines based on the akula.

Ps- bregsy, is your your name change request is still pending with the webby??

Russia do not has any yasen class subs to Subs as of now, this one too is one of the quietest nuclear sub in the world

Well yea request name is still pending as i feel @WebMaster is busy for past many weeks and has not been seen around here except once

Russia do not has any yasen class subs to Subs as of now, this one too is one of the quietest nuclear sub in the world

Well yea request name is still pending as i feel @WebMaster is busy for past many weeks and has not been seen around here except once
I too made a name change request over a week ago but it's still pending with the Webby.
@WebMaster :pissed:

I am sure you know the answer being in the forum since 2006 and digging back your old posts.
Geopolitics don't change in days unless you are on PDF.

Russia - India bond is created via mutual respect and people to people contact which was a fall-out of the erstwhile USSR government. Moving forward Russia has acknowledged the pragmatic efforts and approach India takes on most world matters. Ukraine-Crimea ? Putin's speech after the Crimea vote.

Remember the Indian nuclear deal and aftermath which country signed the first agreement with India post deal?
Major diplomatic effort is pre-discussed and mutually agreed upon i would imply.
And business YES, who is not a businessman today miss ? every article you right is a business , every patient i see is a business.

Why is Russia engaging Pakistan at some level ? I have two points

1. Syria : You more than anybody know what i mean ?
2. Indian leverage over Russia is significantly more than US, EU China

So its "SMART BUSINESS" from both sides i say.

:) Welcome back Doc.

Well Indeed I know/knew.

What am I looking for how does the emerging scenario viz a viz geopolitics in the region/world figure in this ? Future India-US stronger cooperation?

Pakistan is not in anyway related to this thread :) We have small market for arms as compared to India besides US-Pak shaky yet same monotonous relations are a main hurdle in Pak-Russia trust based any possible relation.

Your Syria guess is far from reality when it comes to Russian policies

So how long before Indians copycat our "Higher than mountains, deeper than seas, sweeter than honey" slolgans?

Come on man. We all know which country is the actual Grand Master of copy cat phenomenon. :close_tema:

They have already started calling "Shaheed" to their dead soldiers....

Any guesses? @Spring Onion

Martyrs have been called 'Saheed' in our part of the world since struggle for independence. It might not be a Hindi word, but its part of our culture now.

Back
Top Bottom