British mother of killed teenager writes anguished letter to India

favabeans

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
China
British mother of killed teenager writes anguished letter to India | GlobalPost

The British mother of a teenage girl raped and killed in Goa six years ago has written an anguished letter to the chief minister of the Indian holiday state begging for justice.

Fiona MacKeown has sent a request for the case to be fast-tracked to Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar, suggesting that the people who killed her daughter Scarlett Keeling were politically connected.

Keeling's bruised and half-naked body was found on the popular Anjuna beach in February 2008, when she was 15 years old.

"I understand that the men who committed this crime were politically connected and were protected by powerful persons in the previous government," reads the letter written on December 6, a copy of which was seen by AFP on Monday.

MacKeown accused the previous state government of trying to "hush up" the matter.

Two men were arrested and charged with homicide several weeks after the attack in the coastal state, which has long been a haunt for Western tourists, but their trial is yet to reach any conclusion and has hit several obstacles.

"Every fibre of my being wants to punish those who killed my daughter but I do not have the strength or the means to identify and punish them," MacKeown said.

"Six years is a long time and Scarlett deserves justice which lies in the hands of your administration," she wrote to Parrikar.

Police initially dismissed Keeling's death as an accident but opened a murder probe after MacKeown piled pressure on local authorities, pushing for a second autopsy which proved that she had been drugged and raped.

"I do understand that justice is a right for every citizen, but rather than demanding that right, I would be grateful for your intervention in the matter," MacKeown said.

India has been in the spotlight for its high frequency of sexual attacks since the fatal gang-rape of a student in New Delhi in December 2012.

Most of the victims are Indians, but some of the attacks have also involved tourists, such as a 51-year-old Dutch woman who was gang-raped in the capital in January.

str/rob/pj

British mother of killed teenager writes anguished letter to India | GlobalPost

The British mother of a teenage girl raped and killed in Goa six years ago has written an anguished letter to the chief minister of the Indian holiday state begging for justice.

Fiona MacKeown has sent a request for the case to be fast-tracked to Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar, suggesting that the people who killed her daughter Scarlett Keeling were politically connected.

Keeling's bruised and half-naked body was found on the popular Anjuna beach in February 2008, when she was 15 years old.

"I understand that the men who committed this crime were politically connected and were protected by powerful persons in the previous government," reads the letter written on December 6, a copy of which was seen by AFP on Monday.

MacKeown accused the previous state government of trying to "hush up" the matter.

Two men were arrested and charged with homicide several weeks after the attack in the coastal state, which has long been a haunt for Western tourists, but their trial is yet to reach any conclusion and has hit several obstacles.

"Every fibre of my being wants to punish those who killed my daughter but I do not have the strength or the means to identify and punish them," MacKeown said.

"Six years is a long time and Scarlett deserves justice which lies in the hands of your administration," she wrote to Parrikar.

Police initially dismissed Keeling's death as an accident but opened a murder probe after MacKeown piled pressure on local authorities, pushing for a second autopsy which proved that she had been drugged and raped.

"I do understand that justice is a right for every citizen, but rather than demanding that right, I would be grateful for your intervention in the matter," MacKeown said.

India has been in the spotlight for its high frequency of sexual attacks since the fatal gang-rape of a student in New Delhi in December 2012.

Most of the victims are Indians, but some of the attacks have also involved tourists, such as a 51-year-old Dutch woman who was gang-raped in the capital in January.

str/rob/pj

This is about an incident that happened 6 years ago.

So, does it mean sitting on your hand and let the time pass would give the victim and her bereaved family members justice? Strange mentality, indeed!
No it won't but I guess a troll creating a thread on PDF as a flame bait for cheap thrills would have brought much needed solace to the victim and her bereaved family members.

India is no place for women. They rape anything that resembles a woman. Stay away from that poverty-stricken 3rd world country :coffee:

justice must be provided to the lady....the rapist must face the consequence of his evil doing.....:tup:

Same deal happened in China, we got the guy and had the young woman's mother come to China, and we gave her a briefing on what happened, gave her a letter from the criminal, and asked her if she wants to meet him and if she wants to reduce the sentence of death to life in prison.

I'm not sure what finally happened, didn't follow very closely, but that's the Chinese way of doing it. Fast and efficient, brutal, but with a side of compassion.

The side of China nobody like to talk about, we are about one of the few nations that the family of the victim in some cases are given a choice of what will happen to the convict.

Same deal happened in China, we got the guy and had the young woman's mother come to China, and we gave her a briefing on what happened, gave her a letter from the criminal, and asked her if she wants to meet him and if she wants to reduce the sentence of death to life in prison.

I'm not sure what finally happened, didn't follow very closely, but that's the Chinese way of doing it. Fast and efficient, brutal, but with a side of compassion.

The side of China nobody like to talk about, we are about one of the few nations that the family of the victim in some cases are given a choice of what will happen to the convict.
good to know...justice prevailed in your case....hope this moron also faces some severe consequence of this pathetic act... ..
I have no Idea if the court verdict can changed if the family wants.....:)

This is about an incident that happened 6 years ago.
But the news happened on 10th of feburary 2014

So, does it mean sitting on your hand and let the time pass would give the victim and her bereaved family members justice? Strange mentality, indeed!
Man are you really trying to convince an indian ?? He is just butthurt because he saw this thread as a insult to his centuries old culture :lol:

Last edited:
No it won't but I guess a troll creating a thread on PDF as a flame bait for cheap thrills would have brought much needed solace to the victim and her bereaved family members.

Ladies and Gentlemen here we have another Butt hurt Endian... ^^^ :yahoo::yahoo:

Man are you really trying to convince an indian ?? He is just butthurt because saw this thread as a insult to his centuries old culture
what do you even mean by that....do you know anything about centuries old hindu culture ....and what he felt before writing his comments....

But the news happened on 10th of feburary 2014

Man are you really trying to convince an indian ?? He is just butthurt because saw this thread as a insult to his centuries old culture :lol:

Atleast in india ,rape is rape . In saudi arabia and pakistan if there are not four male witnesses of the rape ,then its not rape ,its adultery.

what do you even mean by that....do you know anything about centuries old hindu culture ....and what he felt before writing his comments....

you do know well what mullahs teach the young. Not a surprise that pakistan is the terror capital of the world and also in saudi and pakistan you need four witnesses to prove rape lol(according to sharia)

Back
Top Bottom